Forza Mods

canthai55

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

and get up and go

Dr. Pulley sliding weights 2318/6-17.

Take the weights out of yours and weigh them. If 19g not 20g go with 2316/6-16

(Tip put weights in a envelops and take to the post office and ask how much to mail them)

EDIT 17gram seems to be the favourite

maxresdefault.jpg

If you want the best buy a complete aftermarket J Costa variator.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, eisfeld said:

New it was 160k THB I guess? Wow, 75% depreciation is a bit much. Second hand prices in Thailand have fallen so low that buying new needs serious considerations.

Yes amazing deal and agreed that buying new don't really make any sense anymore unless you keep the scooter/bike for +5 years. 

I just a bit worried buying from Thais as many run them very hard and some don't maintain their vehicles very well either but not all.

12 hours ago, canthai55 said:

For sure - many models at give away prices

Check out the CB500X and Versys for sale. Low mileage, bling, many with those god awful saddlebags

About the same reduction. And with so many the ability to dicker is very real.

I bought a new Vulcan 650 a couple of years back

and the devaluation is enormous but it'll be the last bike I buy in Thailand and I have no plans to sell it so it's ok.If otherwise I'd definitely be looking second hand.

Edited by findlay13
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Interested in increasing HP and TQ, not moving the road speed at which it hits

Increased rpm does increase both HP and torque in a conservatively set up CVT. It has nothing to do with road speed that is just the result. Even if you succeed in increasing Hp and torque you will still have to adjust the CVT to suit.

You asked how to improve get up and go so that is why I suggested CVT adjustments. With a CVT scooter you have to adjust your paradigm.

My suggested weight change will knock 5 secs off your 0-60 time ( 15 secs to 10) and will reduce your 55-70 time. 

A set of weights will cost you around 40 Euros. Less, maybe, if you buy them direct.

I'll get my hat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, findlay13 said:

I bought a new Vulcan 650 a couple of years back

and the devaluation is enormous but it'll be the last bike I buy in Thailand and I have no plans to sell it so it's ok.If otherwise I'd definitely be looking second hand.

With the large influx of big bikes in the last 10 years it's good to see real and appropriate depreciation in used vehicle prices. Prior to that, since there were so few big bikes, the price never went down.

It should be the same as new cars elsewhere. You drive it off the lot, 20% devaluation, and 10% a year after that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

To inçrease hp and tq you must burn more fuel. No other way.

Change the variator is the same as changing the grips

To increase Hp and torque one must pump more air. Sure you use more fuel. That is because of the immutable laws of physics. How one achieves this is science. 

In fairness the title of the topic is Forza Mods so i guess changing the grips would fulfill that need. I was and am still addressing the "get up and go" stated lower down in the text. 

Current max power is at 7000 and max torque at 5750. You can see what it does in stock form by watching the tach. when you accelerate.

If you don't want to knock time off the zero to 60 or 55-70 that's up to you but you did ask.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

Got a chance to put a few miles on it this weekend.

Up to Chiang Rai - thru the construction twice, around CNX to get green book changed over, a little shopping.

Like it. Lots - well, never enuf - acceleration, handles the bumpy road so-so, lane splitting easy. 

Handlebar width - 73 cm  Mirrors - 85 cm

Compare to my PCX - 71 cm and 84 cm

So just as maneuverable in traffic.

Of course, those poor souls who get stuck in mile long bumper to bumper, 4 lane jams daily will want something a little shorter.

Never ride in those conditions, so a non issue for me.

Comfortable, cruise 100 km no Sweat ...

Should have bought one years ago

First mod will be YSS or Ohlins front suspension

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 2

Modifying a scooter to make it faster will be a fruitless pursuit in my opinion. Modify it to be more comfortable to ride instead (suspensions, better tires, grips, windscreen).

Good buy btw..very lucky.

Edited by alx123
  • Like 1

Where can I buy Dr. Pulley sliders mentioned earlier for Forza in Thailand, well, I'm in Phuket, don't like those international postage and time waiting,  so looking for a local supplier...!?

Also there are TechPulley Flying Rollers, they too have good reviews... I'm also considering putting just 3 lighter rollers, so maybe get some more acceleration but not loose the top end...

OP, welcome to Forza club, you will soon wonder why all these years you didn't get one of these, wasted time changing gears or on toy scooters of 125/150 ... ! lol

I just came back from a Phuket to Koh Samui trip, wouldn't do it on anything else....

For your info, there is a guy in Bangkok that tunes the ECU to pass 9000rpm, like on CBR300, same engine I think, then you almost fly on Forza rather than ride it...lol, look it up on youtube, all in Thai though, I don't understand much of it...

As for comfy mods, YSS shocks and higher windshield are useful, though I'm still debating taller windshield,  I don't want to disturb my view of right in front of the bike and wind in my face with visor up at slower speeds... Honda no longer sells it's own oem taller windshield, I'm looking out for a used one - I hate monster Givi ones, Ermax has some similar to Honda, but need to order from France, and not as good looking like Honda one...

Also see hondapcx.org , they have a lively Forza 300 section.

And finally, the only upgrade I might ever do is to a Honda Integra 700/750cc, less underseat space, but 16" tires, not much bigger than Forza and 50hp....  Honda doesn't sell it here any more, but maybe can find a used one, one 2015 on bahtsold was for 160k baht recently , bargain...

Edited by Agusts
  • Like 1