Whats happening at CM Immigration?

terminatorchiangmai

Whats happening at Immigration?

Drove by yesterday at 10;00 AM and the que was al the way in the parking lot till the motorbike parking lines.

This morning did a check at 7:00 AM and it was full already inside.

They are handing out que tickets at 6:00 AM for the que tickets at 8 AM.

At 7:00 AM next ticket was number 87 , so 86 people waiting inside already.

I have to go there next week and last year i just walked in at 7:30 and got my normal que ticket.

Anyone have an update about waiting times?

Thanks

• Haha 1

Can't say for sure, but probably something related to the coronavirus. Yesterday we drove past the Chinese Consulate and there was what appeared to be at least 100 or more Chinese in some kind of a panic; pushing and shoving and screaming and some appeared to be trying to push the huge metal gate. Several security personnel were trying to diffuse the situation. We could see the police approaching as we passed.

Something is going on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Thailand said:

There is a separate office on the right of the entrance dealing with extensions of stay based on the Covid-19 problem I believe.

The chaos at the front of the main office is all it's own!

You state "I believe"!  

Do you have any factual information to substantiate that comment.  

Where is this so called "office on the right of the entrance dealing with extensions of stay based on the Covid-19 problem"?

Any unexpected influx of extra customers is going to have an impact on the IO operations thru ought Thailand IO's.  Even if the office exists where have the extra IO's come from to man it without affecting the normal pre virus  operations?

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

Anyone have an update about waiting times?

Apparently it's all your own fault for not dressing smartly (polo shirt, cargo pants, white socks and sandals) and not showing the immigration officials enough respect.

You just need to wait a bit more.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

Keep it civil please.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, dvg said:

I was there yesterday for 90 days report(I forgot mail in for the first time in 15 years) and it took 1,5 hours.It looked like chaos insite and outside.

90 day report st Jomtien a few weeks ago took 3 minutes...couldn't do with that lot you got up there

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, elektrified said:

Can't say for sure, but probably something related to the coronavirus. Yesterday we drove past the Chinese Consulate and there was what appeared to be at least 100 or more Chinese in some kind of a panic; pushing and shoving and screaming and some appeared to be trying to push the huge metal gate. Several security personnel were trying to diffuse the situation. We could see the police approaching as we passed.

Something is going on

maybe they don't want to go back to china just yet

can't say i blame them

Edited by GeorgeCross
  • Haha 1

Is there any way of feeding back to the government the extent of the disaster that is Chiang Mai Immigration.

Serious question.

i don’t know enough about how the Thai system of government works.

In my country I’d write a letter of complaint to the Minister....and I’d get a reply from their office.

Its obvious that the current building and staff levels can’t cope.

I was there 2 weeks ago and it was entirely full with people spilling out (Many not wearing masks).
It was chaos.

The carpark was entirely full and backed up.

12 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Yes. Ten minutes per year with a legal agent`

Then go to a bar or whatever and spend your time (and money) as you wish!!!

PS;  The interest from your fixed deposit account (800,000Bht) more than pays the legal agent's fees!!!!!

We are not all on retirement visa's here.

For my Non B a visa agent wanted 40.000 for extension.

My assistant does it for 3.000 with all papers provided by my accountant.

Extensions should be a walk in the park without long waiting lines because of these "legal"agencies with their ridiculous fees.

It's an opium laden pipe-dream to think that any farang can exert any influence or pressure on Thai govt operations. 

Farangs are not paying customers, as in a hotel, but rather tolerated guests who must conform to Thai rules or find another, more welcoming, land to live in.

We may moan in public  over some aspects of life here which are not to the farang's liking, but there is no evidence of change.

34 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Business as usual.

Not really. In fact it's an unusual situation. After the coronavirus passes, things should be back to normal. Everything was running quite smoothly from my experience for a good while now. In and out in a very short time, never a problem finding parking, etc. (since the opening of the new building).

22 hours ago, dvg said:

I was there yesterday for 90 days report(I forgot mail in for the first time in 15 years) and it took 1,5 hours.It looked like chaos insite and 

22 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Its been like that for the last 4 weeks at least 2 hours to do a 90 report a couple of weeks ago and grow a beard for a retirement visa by the look of it????

Went last Wednesday to do one year extension and re entry permit, arrived at 6.30am, was given number 36 for docs check, checked at around 9am, given ticket number 35 for 1yr extension, passport stamped at 11.55am, after extensive scrutiny  on finances, 800,000bt deposit. 12pm-1pm lunch break, at 1pm handed in passport for re entry permit, took about 5 minutes to issue. At this time only about 6 people waiting in queue for docs check.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, elektrified said:

Not really. In fact it's an unusual situation. After the coronavirus passes, things should be back to normal. Everything was running quite smoothly from my experience for a good while now. In and out in a very short time, never a problem finding parking, etc. (since the opening of the new building).

Its got nothing to do with the virus. I was there twice before Christmas and again mid January and all thtee visits were a nightmare.

The virus wasnt even news then

• Like 2