Whats happening at CM Immigration?

terminatorchiangmai

1 hour ago, NeeNoon said:

I was waiting for you.  I knew someone here would twist this to be my fault.  You can state all you want that I "should have known" what to bring, but the reality is, I specifically did a dry run there with my documents to GET THEM CHECKED, and they failed to tell me the rental contract is not accepted, nor that I need the ORIGINAL KorRor22, or that I need the company certificate (original not required) or that I needed the owners chanote.  

Do you get the picture?   THEY are the officers who accept the documents, its not up to me to try to guess what is needed.  I WENT TO CHECK.  Just because I had previous 8 extensions does not mean I knew exactly what is needed, especially since some years I used an agent.  About the lease agreement, I am not saying they should have accepted it, I did not even know that it was expired, however after having my documents checked, if they KNEW that the expiry date in the rental contract is important, than why not check it at that time and advise me?

Why try to say I should have been better prepared?  Thats a stupid thing to say when I tried my best to be prepared and then went there for them to cross check before I brought my family.

What about when I first went to get the application form, I asked for a list of whats required for this extension, and the lady gave me the print out and the application form, but, she did not give me the "official" paper that the map needed to be drawn on, I knew about this and had to ask for it.  Also, the "list" does not have many many of the items that are required is using Thai income.  Is that so difficult to make one complete list of all the requirements so people don't have to make multiple trips?  It seams that THEY don't want people to be able to do this themselves, as they do not receive kickbacks from the agents then.  Its that simple.

Your statement "Just because I had previous 8 extensions does not mean I knew exactly what is needed" still indicates some level of non-preparedness on your part.  If you used an agent then you should have all of the information and documentation that the agent used to assist you in your preparations.  Blaming the IO for not catching your expired lease? That's still you. I went to IMM last month and also asked for and was given the same list you said you were given.  Item 7 of that list specifies the monthly income requirement as well as a requirement for a copy of the company business registration if you're employed in Thailand (7.2).  Anyway, in pre-checking your docs yes, the IO may have missed it the first time...but it is STILL your docs and you missed it too; that you might get away with something wrong the first time doesn't mean it is right.  Sorry sincerely for all you had to go thru...

• Like 1

I went 42 days prior to my visa expiration seeking a one-year retirement extension.  I knew problems could arise, they certainly have in the past. I was well prepared with various docs and plenty of time for corrections, if need be.

Last year they needed a one-year housing lease; this year the lease was never mentioned. Every day a new wrinkle. 

I'm happy to be here for another year. 

• Like 1

They have gone crazy now.

Today i went at 6:30 was helped at 07:50.

Left my papers for Non-B.

Got a call at 2:30 pm to come see them at 03:30 pm.

The work permit years on the printed immigration form were not in Thai year, 2013 as written on work permit  had to be 2556.

And more <deleted> about rental agreement and acknowledgment form house lord to agree me living at my given adress,

WHAT ? TM30 obviously not enough also.

Just when you thought to have it all complete.

Happily it was a total of only 2 hour waste of my time.

Next week try again.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, dcnx said:

No idea why anyone tolerates that. For less than what many of you spend for smokes and booze in a week you can have an agent handle it for you.

An agent quoted me 40.000 for Non B, you think that's normal ?

My friend got 26.000 quoted for Retirement Visa.

Please all with your cheap visa agents, PM them to me please because i really don't believe the 3,000.- baht quote stories.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Nee Noon,

many people do it themselves without the difficulties you found.  So why did you have problems?  Bad luck?  Possibly.    Something you did or did not do? Possibly.  You made several efforts to tell the immigration officers that they had done things wrong,  they did not make their requirements clear to you several times.  Generally telling police they are wrong is counter productive so you probably gave them reason to be difficult.  Get it?

Also you went in to have them pre-check your documents.  Think about what a monster mess there would be if everyone did that.

Its not bad luck, its corruption plain and simple.  They want to make it so you have problems attempting to do the extension yourself so you use an agent.  Money was tight right now so I wanted to save 9000 THB and do it myself, and, I would have been able if, they gave me a complete list of what was needed, AND, if they checked the documents.  Me and my wife did not tell the police they were wrong, but said that the previous times we were there they did not tell us that we needed those documents.  What would you have done?  Thanked them for wasting another day of your time?  The initial pre-checking of the documents took all of 10mins.  It would NOT be a mess if everyone did that, as people would show up with all paperwork correct, instead of sitting in an overcrowded room for hours and multiple times.  On the 3rd day we witnessed a couple doing the extension just to be told the same as us, missing some documents.  And this keeps happening over and over.  Why is it when I go to renew my drivers licence here I first visit to obtain the list of whats required, then return with said items and everything goes smoothly?  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, NeeNoon said:

Its not bad luck, its corruption plain and simple.  They want to make it so you have problems attempting to do the extension yourself so you use an agent.  Money was tight right now so I wanted to save 9000 THB and do it myself, and, I would have been able if, they gave me a complete list of what was needed, AND, if they checked the documents.  Me and my wife did not tell the police they were wrong, but said that the previous times we were there they did not tell us that we needed those documents.  What would you have done?  Thanked them for wasting another day of your time?  The initial pre-checking of the documents took all of 10mins.  It would NOT be a mess if everyone did that, as people would show up with all paperwork correct, instead of sitting in an overcrowded room for hours and multiple times.  On the 3rd day we witnessed a couple doing the extension just to be told the same as us, missing some documents.  And this keeps happening over and over.  Why is it when I go to renew my drivers licence here I first visit to obtain the list of whats required, then return with said items and everything goes smoothly?  

So you want to compare a driving licence renewal to an extension !

The problems at Immigration are in the most caused by people who do not prepare documentation, you say that it's your 9th extension, so surely you know what the requirements are. In addition, as those of us who don't have problems, prepare and have with us all possible additional papers that might be asked for, it's so simple to be " prepared "   This year will be my 14th extension, always straight forward, documentation as previous year and a file just in case.   Never used an Agent and never will, one time a year, I can cope with that !  

Another tip, go mid week and mid afternoon !

Edited by nichopaulcnx
update

1 hour ago, nichopaulcnx said:

The problems at Immigration are in the most caused by people who do not prepare documentation, you say that it's your 9th extension, so surely you know what the requirements are. In addition, as those of us who don't have problems, prepare and have with us all possible additional papers that might be asked for, it's so simple to be " prepared "   This year will be my 14th extension, always straight forward, documentation as previous year and a file just in case.   Never used an Agent and never will, one time a year, I can cope with that !  

Please please let us know how your extension goes THIS year. I am still waiting to hear from someone who has done one in the last 2 weeks... Remember, information from the inside says the MO is to make your life miserable if you don't use an agent.

Edited by kilt
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

An agent quoted me 40.000 for Non B, you think that's normal ?

My friend got 26.000 quoted for Retirement Visa.

Please all with your cheap visa agents, PM them to me please because i really don't believe the 3,000.- baht quote stories.

I don’t mean to get your visa. I’m talking about hiring an agent so you don’t have to wait in line at immigration.

Drove past this morning on the way to the airport and the line was out the door, across the parking lot, and over where the bikes park. That’s absurd. Who has time for that?

5 hours ago, dcnx said:

I don’t mean to get your visa. I’m talking about hiring an agent so you don’t have to wait in line at immigration.

Drove past this morning on the way to the airport and the line was out the door, across the parking lot, and over where the bikes park. That’s absurd. Who has time for that?

i was there at 6:20 and was helped at 07:50, so that was only a one and a half hour wait.

22 hours ago, nichopaulcnx said:

Yes, because both require certain documents, and both provide a list of whats needed.  However immigrations list is incomplete.

So now you are blaming all the people at immigration that are trying to do the extensions themselves?  Are you simple?  Yes, it was my ninth extension, HOWEVER this is the first time doing it when in a rental unit, ok?  Just how was me or my wife to know to check the date on the rental contract AND bring a copy of the chanote for the property??  Why was the date not checked by staff on the first trip when I specifically went to have the documents checked?  Why on that trip did they not inform I needed a copy of the company certificate?  Or write down to bring the original Kor ro 22?  Everything else is two copies, how was I to know they want the original of only this ONE document??  When they wrote down the list the first time, there was no mention of the original.  Why not?  How are we to know that, when its not on the list, and when immigration does not inform when we went the first two times??  Its simple to be prepared WHEN someone informs you of what is needed.  We are not mind readers.

As Kilt said, let us know how smoothly your application goes this year.  You might be in for a surprise as they have been instructed to make things difficult for those that do not use one of the agents that are on a list that offer "express service".  Also you make it sound so easy, well, have you tried to go there with a 2 year old during a virus outbreak?  You ever try to keep a two year old seated for hours and hours with a mask on? Try going mid afternoon and see what immigration tells you.  They will tell you to go a way.  When I showed up at 7am I was 47 in the line. I was the lucky 50 that got to sit inside.  Before the doors opened at 8:30 there were over 100 people in line.

Maybe thats why they are opening up Prom again for certain visas, like tourist visas and 90 day reporting. Think this happens beginning of March for everyone's info.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/14/2020 at 4:54 PM, NancyL said:

I was at CM Immigration on Wednesday afternoon, doing my annual retirement extension

Nancy, I seem to recall that you and hubby entered on Non Imm O-A visas...(?). If so, how did you deal with the health insurance requirement for your latest extension? Thanx.

"For those who were not here in the bad old days, and that was up until 16months ago.

The process was to set your alarm for 4am and try to be at the front of the queue for 5am.

There were 4,5,6 queues then depending on your requirement.

At 5am you would arrive and your heart would sink because each queue already had 22 people lined up. The head of the lines came straight from the bars the night before, it was well organised, most people brought their own camp chairs, dvd players, flasks of whiskey, knitting, headphones, football and tennis rackets. The 7/11 had not opened, no ptt, so no toilets, people slept in their cars and had someone stand in line. There were only a few chairs for the early arrivals. It was horrible but it was quite civilised. The worst day of the year easily.

But there was good news, they were going to build a new office to alleviate all the problems.

Ha,yes, it managed to run efficiently for just over a year." 

Yeah, (more than) a little discouraging...seems like a return to the situation of several years ago...no written guidance on how they are running / processing the VISAs, no guidance on even where to queue up to start the process. Chaos and mayhem.  It took me 3 very frustrating days at the beginning of Feb., just to complete my yearly retirement VISA extension while trying to hit a moving target (that was 180 degrees from last year's guidance and affidavit hoo-hah). Now I have to go back in Mar for the 90-day report. While I don't think those paperwork requirements have changed, there is still the hours of waiting, once again. (sigh).

• Sad 1

The Airport Immgr Dept moved to Promenda Mall primarly to build a new  office  etc etc on that site and hopefully most Expats  expected a better Visa service then Airport Mark 1 which was  ???

Apart from a very promising start Airport Mark 2 has fallen behind those opening months

FWIW Promenada was .IMO

a  better Office venue then Either Airport Offices in service / facilitys etc etc  then both Airport  offices particular parking space

My Visa.s appications at Promenada i alway arrived  between  6am and 6.30am and was out the door by 10 am and the queue lines were very orderly in all respects. as for the real  early early  birds  at Promenada 

Clearly Panic Merchants or  just plain dumb

probably the latter

In summing up i prefered Promenada then the Airport

for my Visa applications

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NeeNoon said:

Yes, because both require certain documents, and both provide a list of whats needed.  However immigrations list is incomplete.

So now you are blaming all the people at immigration that are trying to do the extensions themselves?  Are you simple?  Yes, it was my ninth extension, HOWEVER this is the first time doing it when in a rental unit, ok?  Just how was me or my wife to know to check the date on the rental contract AND bring a copy of the chanote for the property??  Why was the date not checked by staff on the first trip when I specifically went to have the documents checked?  Why on that trip did they not inform I needed a copy of the company certificate?  Or write down to bring the original Kor ro 22?  Everything else is two copies, how was I to know they want the original of only this ONE document??  When they wrote down the list the first time, there was no mention of the original.  Why not?  How are we to know that, when its not on the list, and when immigration does not inform when we went the first two times??  Its simple to be prepared WHEN someone informs you of what is needed.  We are not mind readers.

As Kilt said, let us know how smoothly your application goes this year.  You might be in for a surprise as they have been instructed to make things difficult for those that do not use one of the agents that are on a list that offer "express service".  Also you make it sound so easy, well, have you tried to go there with a 2 year old during a virus outbreak?  You ever try to keep a two year old seated for hours and hours with a mask on? Try going mid afternoon and see what immigration tells you.  They will tell you to go a way.  When I showed up at 7am I was 47 in the line. I was the lucky 50 that got to sit inside.  Before the doors opened at 8:30 there were over 100 people in line.

Maybe thats why they are opening up Prom again for certain visas, like tourist visas and 90 day reporting. Think this happens beginning of March for everyone's info.

What will they do at this Immigration then if Promenada opens?

11 hours ago, NeeNoon said:

Let's see, 15 years ago everything was at the location near the airport and things ran smoothly for years, then at some point things got crowded and chaotic and Imm. announced they were moving to Promenada. We all rejoiced and said now it will be better, and it wasn't.  Then they said we will move back to the airport in a year or two and we all rejoiced and said it would be better back at the airport, and it was for a brief period.  Now it's chaotic again and some part is moving back to Promenada.  Should we rejoice?  Nope.  Like the bad air, it will never get better IMO.  It's either use an agent, get an Elite visa, or leave, and I'm beginning to think they don't care which option we choose. 

• Like 1

Does someone think the notice is not accurate, even if promoted by an agent?

And, i would say that it appears that Immig can see many of the same problems we do: too many people in one place seeking widely differing services.  I support the move back to Prom for those listed services.

Jia you! Jia you! Thai Immig.

加油