Whats happening at CM Immigration?

terminatorchiangmai

9 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

I did my own visa O for retirement until the year that Thailand came to an agreement with other neighbouring countries to form Asian.

This board then started to mention big out of control numbers, of people attending immigration at it's Airport location. I was getting on in years and do not need confusion and waiting around for hours, I want that even less now.

At this time the Visa agent that I now use, opened offering a simple service to customers, pay them a fee and they would do all for you, correct paperwork, filled in by them and all I needed to do was sign on the line.

I have used them ever since for 12 month visa and 90 day report.  

No hassel for me since. This year I spent 10 mins at immigration, in sit down, wait until called forward by their staff member, stand at counter have my photo taken on immigration computer and pick up my passport with new visa.

I am baffled by folk who come and complain about the problems they have with immigration.

Let a professional take the strain, I for one do not need it.

john

Please tell the name of the visa agent you have used all these years or pm it to me.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, jonwilly said:

I did my own visa O for retirement until the year that Thailand came to an agreement with other neighbouring countries to form Asian.

This board then started to mention big out of control numbers, of people attending immigration at it's Airport location. I was getting on in years and do not need confusion and waiting around for hours, I want that even less now.

At this time the Visa agent that I now use, opened offering a simple service to customers, pay them a fee and they would do all for you, correct paperwork, filled in by them and all I needed to do was sign on the line.

No hassel for me since. This year I spent 10 mins at immigration, in sit down, wait until called forward by their staff member, stand at counter have my photo taken on immigration computer and pick up my passport with new visa.

I am baffled by folk who come and complain about the problems they have with immigration.

john

Maybe the cost, how much is the service?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jonwilly said:

john

How much do you pay may I ask??

• Like 1

I was at CM immigration on 3 Feb for my reentry permit and some paranoid forummer told me that I might have gotten the virus and it needed 14 days for incubation.

Now, it's 21 days and I am alive and kicking with no fever nor cough.

The number of Chinese tourists at CM immigration was huge then. I will be dropping by tomorrow again.

Hope I don't get the virus....

Edited by EricTh
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, jonwilly said:

john

You mentioned everything except the price!

• Haha 2

On 2/13/2020 at 10:36 AM, dvg said:

I was there yesterday for 90 days report(I forgot mail in for the first time in 15 years) and it took 1,5 hours.It looked like chaos insite and outside.

Similar story, I was there last week for a re-entry permit. I sat for over two hours. Used to take ten minutes. 

• Like 1

Waiting times are not the only problem there. Changed requirements, different forms  etc. So stand in line for 3+ hours only to be told you are missing some form or the form you have filled out is out of date and no longer in use. Have to use a NEW form. Of course the information required on the NEW form is exactly the same as the old form. Nevermind. Get the new form and return again some other day for another 3+ hour wait on line.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 2/24/2020 at 7:37 AM, jonwilly said:

the Visa agent that I now use, opened offering a simple service to customers, pay them a fee and they would do all for you, correct paperwork, filled in by them and all I needed to do was sign on the line.

Ditto for me. Did all my paperwork (I arrived at their office with completed paperwork, but they redid most to comply with what they knew Immigration wanted (margins and such)). Also, my photo didn't have enough blue background, so they took another photo with their dark blue background. Thus, package ready for inspection at Immigration.

I and my agent were driven to Immigration by an agency car, dropped off at the entrance, and commenced the extension drill (thus avoiding any parking problem, which often occurs). Lines weren't long (this Aug 2019), so don't know if "queue jumping" might have been part of the package, since no jumping required with this short line. Extension obtained in a short time, then re-entry permit (which requires photocopies of latest extension, but which agent readily accomplishes) also accomplished with little waiting. Next, agent calls driver, we're picked up in front of Immigration, and returned to the agency headquarters (and my car, which had plenty of parking available at my earlier arrival).

The agent is "Best Friends."  https://www.bestfriendvisa.com/17018405/contact-us

Really nice, competent folks. This was the original agency at Promenada, then called G4T. Then, superseded in the 3rd floor location by Tiana -- a ruder, more expensive agency.

I used Best Friends in Aug of 2018 and Aug 2019 -- their service prices were the same: 3000 baht for the extension and I believe another 500 baht for the multiple re-entry permit (but no more than 500 baht). This may have covered 90 day reports, but why would I drive to their office 4 times per year for something I can do online or by post.....?

I almost hate to post this, as they may now get overrun with new customers. But probably not, based on the grousing seen on this forum about agents by the cheap charlies, you know, the folks with screwed up paperwork that slow down the line...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimGant said:

Ditto for me. Did all my paperwork (I arrived at their office with completed paperwork, but they redid most to comply with what they knew Immigration wanted (margins and such)). Also, my photo didn't have enough blue background, so they took another photo with their dark blue background. Thus, package ready for inspection at Immigration.

I and my agent were driven to Immigration by an agency car, dropped off at the entrance, and commenced the extension drill (thus avoiding any parking problem, which often occurs). Lines weren't long (this Aug 2019), so don't know if "queue jumping" might have been part of the package, since no jumping required with this short line. Extension obtained in a short time, then re-entry permit (which requires photocopies of latest extension, but which agent readily accomplishes) also accomplished with little waiting. Next, agent calls driver, we're picked up in front of Immigration, and returned to the agency headquarters (and my car, which had plenty of parking available at my earlier arrival).

The agent is "Best Friends."  https://www.bestfriendvisa.com/17018405/contact-us

Really nice, competent folks. This was the original agency at Promenada, then called G4T. Then, superseded in the 3rd floor location by Tiana -- a ruder, more expensive agency.

I used Best Friends in Aug of 2018 and Aug 2019 -- their service prices were the same: 3000 baht for the extension and I believe another 500 baht for the multiple re-entry permit (but no more than 500 baht). This may have covered 90 day reports, but why would I drive to their office 4 times per year for something I can do online or by post.....?

I almost hate to post this, as they may now get overrun with new customers. But probably not, based on the grousing seen on this forum about agents by the cheap charlies, you know, the folks with screwed up paperwork that slow down the line...

Good compared to the 9000bt someone told me about recently ????

All relative depending on people's value of time but for me I wouldn't pay more than 1000bht unless I was earning.  Each to their own you make your own choices. ????

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, stament said:

Good compared to the 9000bt someone told me about recently ????

Today i paid The Colonel visa agency 8500 baht for  retirement  visa extension.

Which included 4x90 day reports plus Immgr Dept Fee.s and a saloon passage fee but have noticed that their charges have risen since my last extension

but taking into consideration the service provided by The Colonel (5 mins maxium in the Immgr Dept to have my picture taken )  and in and out inside 2 hrs very reasonable value and my Retirement Extension was not straight forward due to crossing from a Embassy Letter  to 

800 .000 Bank deposit extension

Very sure without securing The Colonels services .my retirement extension of today would have been a sticky wicket. due to the Immgration Officers interperation of my application crossing from Embassy Letter to 800.000 bank deposit .

Very happy that my 800.000 baht bank deposit is now in their system for future extensions????

Edited by deej
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, roo860 said:

87634508_10156735829906669_3895944858308706304_o.jpg

It's about time. What about residence certification application, and transfer of stamp? 

All these trivial services should be move there too.

Edited by EricTh

39 minutes ago, deej said:

Today i paid The Colonel visa agency 8500 baht for  retirement  visa extension.

Which included 4x90 day reports plus Immgr Dept Fee.s and a saloon passage fee but have noticed that their charges have risen since my last extension

but taking into consideration the service provided by The Colonel (5 mins maxium in the Immgr Dept to have my picture taken )  and in and out inside 2 hrs very reasonable value and my Retirement Extension was not straight forward due to crossing from a Embassy Letter  to 

800 .000 Bank deposit extension

Very sure without securing The Colonels services .my retirement extension of today would have been a sticky wicket. due to the Immgration Officers interperation of my application crossing from Embassy Letter to 800.000 bank deposit .

Very happy that my 800.000 baht bank deposit is now in their system for future extensions????

Why do you need to advertise for that visa agency? You posted in the sticky CM immigration thread and then here...

Your spelling and English grammar show that you're probably a Thai person and not a foreigner.

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2020 at 11:57 PM, eyecatcher said:

For those who were not here in the bad old days, and that was up until 16months ago.

The process was to set your alarm for 4am and try to be at the front of the queue for 5am.

There were 4,5,6 queues then depending on your requirement.

At 5am you would arrive and your heart would sink because each queue already had 22 people lined up. The head of the lines came straight from the bars the night before, it was well organised, most people brought their own camp chairs, dvd players, flasks of whiskey, knitting, headphones, football and tennis rackets. The 7/11 had not opened, no ptt, so no toilets, people slept in their cars and had someone stand in line. There were only a few chairs for the early arrivals. It was horrible but it was quite civilised. The worst day of the year easily.

But there was good news, they were going to build a new office to alleviate all the problems.

Ha,yes, it managed to run efficiently for just over a year.

I was at the office by 4am and the chair sitters were already there. Never enough chairs, but imm staff didn't care about that, obviously.

Toilets opened at 6 am.

Best decision I ever made was paying an agent. Turned up at 10, got letter from bank and went away till afternoon. Came back, had photo taken, all done and dusted. Happy days.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was at the office by 4am and the chair sitters were already there. Never enough chairs, but imm staff didn't care about that, obviously.

Toilets opened at 6 am.

Best decision I ever made was paying an agent. Turned up at 10, got letter from bank and went away till afternoon. Came back, had photo taken, all done and dusted. Happy days.

No Germans & beach towels on the chairs? ????

• Haha 1