Myanmar man mangled after kicking lump of ice in the crushing machine

webfact

Myanmar man mangled after kicking lump of ice in the crushing machine

5pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Thai media reported that Bang Sao Thong police in Samut Prakarn and a Ruam Katanyu Rescue team rushed to an ice factory after an 18 year old worker from Myanmar got his leg pulled into an ice crushing machine yesterday.

The worker had been trying to free a blockage and kicked a large block of ice with his foot.

His trousers got caught in some fan blades and dragged his right leg into the machine.

Colleagues hurriedly turned off the machine. It took thirty minutes before the man was freed and on his way to Samut Prakarn Hospital.

77kaoded reported that his leg was very badly mangled.

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-13

13 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

What!  No stick, or pole to use for this sort of problem?

Horrible to be 18 and injured like that.

Geezer

Nonsense it was an act of stupidy, no excuses and now has to live with the consequences for ever 

• Thanks 1

Nothing to see here - a cheap migrant employee to a Thai company - no work permit (assumed) no company health insurance scheme (assumed) and I expect no consequences to the company (for any of those). The best this guy can expect is a few hospital bills paid by his employer. Have a good life after that.

Edited by thenewgoo

• 2 weeks later...

What is an 18 year old foreigner doing manual labor in Thailand? Why isn't he getting an education back home? Also, 18-year olds are the bottom of the barrel. Zero skills or experience. There's no way I'd hire an 18-year old for my business - too risky.