What’s the name of this Thai dish?

Nemises

2 hours ago, LawrenceN said:

Dog food? Seriously though, how about a clue? It's a picture of brown chunks. Can you maybe name an ingredient or two?

Horse and maybe some other worthless meat. Love horses but after death they only have one purpose. Of course, I live in America and can not say(PC) the same for cats, dogs, goldfish, road kill, etc...

Thai missus says Penang neua (if beef) but for me, it reminds me of the years I spent in the enlisted mens'/other ranks mess in the army. Precisely the reason I got my Commission as an Officer as soon as I possibly could ! Veterans will get this - as an Officer you have to tour the enlisted mess when on duty and any complaints from the men must be written down. One day the food was 1000 times less attractive than the Ops' photo, so I asked the cook what it was and, where he learned to cook it - his answer ? "Whilst doing a ten year stretch in prison." Says a lot. (He was a private caterer, the Oz army uses them now, rather than the UK system which has real (army) cooks. It is a cost-saving thing by the govt.)

• Like 1