Immigration’s BMW smart car comes to Pattaya - no escape for illegal aliens

webfact

1 hour ago, Geoffggi said:

It has taken a long time for the BMW's to come to Pattaya could they not find the way.............LOL

This seems very strange since i live close to jomtien immigration and that car was here over a week ago,so if they now say its just come to Pattaya did it take them 7 days to catch one guy or are they a little slow to post they caught one guy..i will let you all ponder on that one...555

Edited by martin3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lust said:

I’m sure a Toyota Camry could yield the same results. Why BMW?

2 police officers and a IPad on a Saleng would do the job - the ultimate smart package ... :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

One less person contributing to the economy,

How do you perceive that all illegal aliens are contributing to the economy?

More chance the legal ones are doing so much more, and by being illegal he is avoiding contributing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

from the linked article, it seems they were dropping by random foreigner addresses they had on file, the smarty car was able to access the passport database showing the evildoer as being in thailand illegally.

wouldn't it make more sense to just use all those databases and documents collected by immigration, make a list of overstayers, and go pick them up directly?  no need to use the "suan spy app" on location like you're a freakin' secret agent.

and really, silly thailand, don't they know super spies drive aston martins?

"and really, silly thailand, don't they know super spies drive aston martins?"

Shhhh!

56 minutes ago, aussienam said:

Funny how so many go straight to cynicism and insults.  I think this is a great idea to combat illegal immigrants.  Why shouldn't Thailand be enforcing it?  If foreigners cannot abide by the laws and decide to stay on their own terms then they don't deserve to be here.  

Illegal immigrants are potential threats to national security, criminal syndicates, trafficking, etc.  Every country in the world has the right to protect its borders and so does Thailand.  Amazing technology that is being implemented and eventually a number of those wanted by INTERPOL and other jurisdictions will be intercepted this way.  

Yes - now where was that that Red Bull chappie last heard of?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, spetersen said:

Their first car was here last year, and it looks that the second one has been delivered recently.

There have to more than two? There are always two parked outside the immigration office I use. have been for months now.

57 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

More chance the legal ones are doing so much more, and by being illegal he is avoiding contributing.

He has to eat, buy stuff, get around on transport, live somewhere! All net contributions to taxes. I did not say all illegal aliens. I implied if he was not committing any other offences. That is why if he were doing something illegal other than staying in Thailand they should say that, but they don't.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, lust said:

I’m sure a Toyota Camry could yield the same results. Why BMW?

The system is specifically made for certain vehicles only. 

Space - Due to its size, it would not fit in every car and would not have the same mounting system for every car. Again, has to be unique to each vehicle.

Warranty - The car still NEEDS to have a warranty for the electrical system despite having a computer connected to it all the time. As such, not all manufacturers will retain the warranty if you install such a system.

Supplier and vehicle availability - The supplier may indeed have developed the same system for a variety of cars that are cheaper, like an Opel Astra, Dodge Charger, Ford Explorer, etc. But the issue is none of these cars are assembled in Thailand or even have RHD configuration. The government may be exempt from paying import taxes, but maintaining these one-of-a-kind vehicles that don't exist in Thailand will be MUCH more expensive to maintain than any BMW or Merc since these German brands have been assembling vehicles in Thailand for decades.

So, they chose a BMW 330e because the same police in Europe or whatever use the same car and system. Whereas no other police force in the world uses the D-max, or Thailand's Yaris, Camry, or other Thai-born  and bred vehicles.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Forget the chronic air pollution 

Forget the shooting massacre 

Forget the weed killer and pesticides on your food

Forget the thousands killed on the roads

Inportant thing is they got this swine in overstay

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, finnishmen said:

bmw not has made good car last 20 year. all have european worst car, normal smart men not newer buy bmw because same ower price money can buy many many lot better car. must be totally stupid if buy bmw today or audi, thats is europe worst car.

Anutin! Offer this farang a face mask! Now!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

"being illegal he is avoiding contributing".  ??  Do you think he might be spending money to live, eat.... ?   All i can see is that there'll one less peanut seller that's all.........    If you want contributions bring back, back to back visas at two grand a pop with a two grand extension at two months....... As simple as Thai logic..... All them visas well paid for and being milked daily in the land of the vertical smile......... 

Edited by SupermarineS6B