I flew in from europe yesterday and I got problems again

25 minutes ago, parafareno said:

is this normal? Do they do this to everybody or only some people. I was really stressed: He wanted to decline my visa.....it was stressful....he said I came too soon after first entry.....is this just BS?

Which airport?

Op was unlucky i was using tourist visas for years without 1 question, lucky I'm 50 now....I agree that buying a condo is a mistake if under 50 plus until the uncertainty over health insurance requirements in the future is gone.

I do wonder why the Op was targeted, did they profile you?

26 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

That's the intersting part of the story as here in many posts is stated, IOs never would ask for a return ticket and this only could happen at the checkin counter.

I was asked for an onward plane ticket and to show cash at Poipet over a year ago. I already had a bus ticket but it wasn't accepted. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

The "nice guy" didn't seem nice at all, to be honest, more like a complete and utter PITA.

OP, how much money did you show? And when's your flight out, 63 days after your arrival? What did you write on the arrival card with regards to length of stay?

They really don't seem to like extensions (of tourist visa and visa exempt entries, to be clear) at some airports. Those IOs who process these extensions, on the other hand, quite literally dole them out like candy (at 1900 baht a pop), hardly ever seems anyone to be questioned or denied by them. They don't seem to have the same rule book.

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, madmen said:

Also he didn't come too often me thinks, hence he got the visa."

Yep and was also stamped in. 

Lots of" I was nearly rejected posts which are simply not true. Being questioned is NOT nearly rejected but simply just questioned. 

even though I showed him money, ticket back...he still was not happy....he had to call my igirlfriend and interrogate her for 10 - 15 minutes...stressful for her and stressful for me... I felt like I was the worse kind of criminal.......I really wanted to just say to him keep the visa......and he also said what if thai come to my country...how does immigration treat them? ANd then you see hudreds of people going through immigration with no problem.....I wrote only the truth on arrival card....I will stay 63 or 64 days....when I go back....what I do here....etc....and the angry lady raised her voice...like how dare I come back here as a tourist.....I think they want to push for elite...so they get money......feels like being targeted....same first time I came last year....questioned at the check in why I stay so long....and you see all other peolple arrive with no questioning only me......how it will be next time.....seems like something is really weird and I will be declined next time if I dont dish out moneyz for elite visa.....maybe the lady meant in her head why would I buy condo, buy elite visa for 1 million better.....I think this is the logic.....

Edited by parafareno
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

That's the intersting part of the story as here in many posts is stated, IOs never would ask for a return ticket and this only could happen at the checkin counter.

The airline reports all passengers to the immigration before they arrive. So expect that the immigration knows you already. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, parafareno said:

what hurts is that I dont see other people posting stories like this on a simple tourist visa.....so I dont know who I am now, apparently not a tourist for them to come for a holiday and visit my girlfriend......

Why do YOU think you were selected for this treatment?

Your ethnicity, or perhaps long term record of time in Thailand?