I flew in from europe yesterday and I got problems again

If one is now standing there, with Passport already Stamped In; why would I still stand there any longer?  and wait for angry face to keep at it like a headless chook?

... just start walking past it - she is all in the past by this time, and irrelevant. 

oh yeah... make sure she sees you wet wiping the Passport cover Before picking it back up; to let her know that her grubby fingers on it have been noted. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Beggar said:

The airline reports all passengers to the immigration before they arrive. So expect that the immigration knows you already. 

Maybe you're right.

But my point was that here on TVF it was repeatedly claimed, it would never happen to be asked for a return flight. 

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 1

am i understandig this right.  hadn't been to thailand in 8 years prior to the previous entry on an SETV (and extended).  so 90 days in country in 8 years and comes back for another 60, maybe 90.  something is seriously wrong here. 

edit:  maybe the lack of tourists is giving them extra time for interviews now.

Edited by buick
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, marin said:

Do you think that by telling her that you are helping your case? You are one poster that always seems to have a problem or some bass ackwards way of looking at a situation. Why not take it easy "jai yen yen" and try to get to know more about the people and the culture.

yes cause I read on THIS FORUM that if you own a condo it is easier to get visa.....people posted this here few years back....

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, parafareno said:

10 years ago....nobody dragged me away to some desk to try to find something and decline my stay

i was taken aside approx 10 yrs ago due to too many visa exempt entries.  the interview was very friendly, they told me to use tourist visas from now on (i was 43 then).  didn't ask me to show money or return flight.  this was BKK airport.  things sure have changed.  good luck on your next entry, you may be on the land border program now (sorry to say !!).

1 minute ago, buick said:
9 minutes ago, parafareno said:

10 years ago....nobody dragged me away to some desk to try to find something and decline my stay

i was taken aside approx 10 yrs ago due to too many visa exempt entries.  the interview was very friendly, they told me to use tourist visas from now on (i was 43 then).  didn't ask me to show money or return flight.  this was BKK airport.  things sure have changed.  good luck on your next entry, you may be on the land border program now (sorry to say !!).

print this 'above' out, and bury in a time capsule;

for revisiting in another few decades...

37 minutes ago, parafareno said:

same...many officers there are really angry...i saw one falang at the booth so freaked out when the guy told him to step away and returning him the passport cause he did not wrote down the hotel where he stay....so he was so angry at the guy.....and the guy just stepped back and did not know what to do.....they are not nice anymore like they were 9 years ago.....things changed......a lot......seems like all the girls wore fake contact lenses 9 years ago, now nobody does it anymore....same goes for immigration and treatment of falangs...you are not important to them anymore.....and there is a rule apparently that the kindness is not necessary anymore...

hasn't been my experience. i even had the security girl at DMK flirting with me last time i went through the security checkpoint.

im still going with thai elite as I'm in my early 30s and its just easy to get TE and not have to worry about any future potential issues.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Metapod said:

im still going with thai elite as I'm in my early 30s and its just easy to get TE and not have to worry about any future potential issues.

The reason might be that you're palying by the rules.

I frequently fly out and in for many years now on my retirement extension and never had any issues.

BTW, if I would be an underpayed IO sitting in my cage all day long I might not be the polite guy I am ????

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Metapod said:

hasn't been my experience. i even had the security girl at DMK flirting with me last time i went through the security checkpoint.

Oh please.... when have you ever seen an IO at a Bangkok airport smile. They think they are something special. But in the main, when I see the way that they carry out their duties, it's a surprise that they manage to tie their own shoelaces.

They bang on about damaging the image of Thailand. But fail to see that these goons who abuse their power are doing more to damage the image of Thailand than anything else.

It all depends on whether you choose to use love or fear to command respect. Fear does not command respect, just the veneer.

So we might say nothing and just swallow it.  But....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Because those countries never ask questions, just a big hug and instant stamp. Your in dream world 

Vietnam is changing from 1st July, and quite a few reports coming out of PI they are not extending peoples tourist visas....cambo seems the only option now, unless another continent.

17 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have to admit that in all of my years coming to Thailand since 2005, never had an issue with an immigration officer, smile, Sawadee Krup, Sabai Dee Mi, they lift their heads, smile and some even have a conversation with me in English, because my Thai is limited.

The above said, I do the same when entering my home country, when called to approach, Gooday, how's it going, head lifts, smiles and conversation starts.

I worked in the public for all of my years, it's all about approach in my opinion and being at the front line can be challenging at times, a little recognition and common courtesy goes a long way, and the day I get a cranky immigration officer will be the day I will find that to be my biggest challenge, albeit I would probably leave him be, step back, let him have his moment, because when someone throws a hot ball at me, I usually catch it and drop it as if to say, I am not playing your game, and smile.

Lucky you. 

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines would all like you to visit, and your gf would get a 90 day VISA free of charge.

Why Thailand? They hate us.

well i don't think that hate us, hates a bit strong, maybe more of a dislike