BANGKOK
Lacrimas

Marriage Extension: Home Visit

Hello guys,

immigration comes tomorrow to visit me for the process of marriage extension. How does it work? Do you have any recommendations for me?

The officer on the phone told me to get them some coffee and money 😓 because they come from far away... was he joking maybe?

Thank you for the help!

• Haha 1

Just to say, I had my first and only home visit last year.

The guy was polite, he completed some papers on my dining room table, chatted to the wife, took some photos with me sitting there with my passport on my chest - then the thing that I thought was an imposition, go upstairs and take pics of myself and wife in my bedroom, he made some unnecessary comments about our storage situation.

On his way out he saw boxes of second hand clothes, and advised my wife that I could help with her weekend market stall, which I have nothing to do with anyway.

He went outside, looked at the neighbours houses, decided it was a waste of time to try and raise anyone (they were hiding inside after watching the white POLICE car roll up) - then drove off.

No money involved, didn't even want a bottle of water.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

The officer on the phone told me to get them some coffee and money 😓 because they come from far away... was he joking maybe?

Heck no..... 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Just to say, I had my first and only home visit last year.

The guy was polite, he completed some papers on my dining room table, chatted to the wife, took some photos with me sitting there with my passport on my chest - then the thing that I thought was an imposition, go upstairs and take pics of myself and wife in my bedroom, he made some unnecessary comments about our storage situation.

On his way out he saw boxes of second hand clothes, and advised my wife that I could help with her weekend market stall, which I have nothing to do with anyway.

He went outside, looked at the neighbours houses, decided it was a waste of time to try and raise anyone (they were hiding inside after watching the white POLICE car roll up) - then drove off.

No money involved, didn't even want a bottle of water.

Yeah maybe it was a trap, he wanted to see if you replied with something like 'I already help' or something... 

What do you mean with storage situation? 

Unfortunately the guy on the phone clearly told me to give them coffee (no problem I make my own) and some compensation because they come from far away... geez

27 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

Probably not. Well possible that they ask for "fuel expense"? Might come a bit overpriced though :smile:

• Like 1

Petrol money + tea money. Last time I was visited the officer, nice young man, told me that he had already arrested 19 people in that year, month of February, most of them Africans. They do seem to make an attempt to avoid the impression that they are targeting Africans, and of course a little pocket money is useful. 

Get an envelope ready.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Probably not. Well possible that they ask for "fuel expense"? Might come a bit overpriced though :smile:

That's what he said, ค่าน้ำมัน(fuel expense). 1K will be ok I guess....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

That's what he said, ค่าน้ำมัน(fuel expense). 1K will be ok I guess....

1k would bring them 400 km at least.

Have two 500 notes, show one and watch reaction :biggrin:

500 Baht fuel is good for about 200 km total (which would be the distance in my case).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cooked said:

Petrol money + tea money. Last time I was visited the officer, nice young man, told me that he had already arrested 19 people in that year, month of February, most of them Africans. They do seem to make an attempt to avoid the impression that they are targeting Africans, and of course a little pocket money is useful. 

Get an envelope ready.

Can I ask you how much you gave him? Not to be impolite but I absolutely have no idea... I pay 500 baht fuel to get to the city

1 minute ago, Lacrimas said:

I pay 500 baht fuel to get to the city

So you seem to be really far away from the immigration office?

฿800.- + a bottle of whiskey. At the time it was a 2 1/2 hour one way trip to our place, but of course I don't know where he started from.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

Can I ask you how much you gave him? Not to be impolite but I absolutely have no idea... I pay 500 baht fuel to get to the city

I think the 500B is more to cover the cost of the return trip, the outbound is free.

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

So you seem to be really far away from the immigration office?

About 100 Km yeah

Just now, Lacrimas said:

About 100 Km yeah

Ok, so 500 looks a bit closefisted.

Give them 1000 and then wash it down with a drink.

• Like 2