5 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

The three times I had a home visit were of 20 min. duration and no money or drinks passed hands (I did offer some water but it was declined). Never asked about my source of money (isn't that what the bank book copies/letters are for?). They just wanted visual proof I wasn't some scamming expat faking a marriage. And I don't blame them a bit..

Why did they come 3 times? Shouldn't it be only for the first extension?

• Like 1
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a 3-4 hour round trip for me to go CW immigration and I live in bangers. I think I will demand coffee and money next time I have to goto immigration

It is really awful to read all these comments from guys that are o scared so half of it would be enough.... You are aware that these immigration-guys are employees, and that they are paid by Thailand,

That is a scam and pure corruption. For God sake, relax do NOT pay them   glegolo

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

The three times I had a home visit were of 20 min. duration and no money or drinks passed hands (I did offer some water but it was declined). Never asked about my source of money (isn't that what the bank book copies/letters are for?). They just wanted visual proof I wasn't some scamming expat faking a marriage. And I don't blame them a bit..

Whats the point of coming 3 times though? ... I understand them checking 1st year but people that have already been married for years and people whom they already visited, I don't see the logic.

• Like 2
Just now, glegolo said:

It is really awful to read all these comments from guys that are o scared so half of it would be enough.... You are aware that these immigration-guys are employees, and that they are paid by Thailand, and that Thailand paying for the freaking gasolin when at work.....

Do NOT pay them, you just make it even more troublesom for you fellow countrymen and others, when doing that.

Greet them with coffe tea or cold water NOTING MORE..... WHY SHOULD YOU DO MORE???....

relax

Glegolo

Because the guy on the phone clearly said to give them money for fuel

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

Why did they come 3 times? Shouldn't it be only for the first extension?

Initially that's the way it was but I believe after uncovering people who were scamming (divorced/separated and their files not updated) or 'marriages of convenience' they decided to be more vigilant. Once again, people doing the right thing being inconvenienced by those who don't. Part of the reason I have zero empathy to those who believe Thai law doesn't apply to them who then are caught up in their own bs.. 

Edited by from the home of CC
35 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

Also, the immigration office visit yesterday was efficient, in and out in about an hour and a half.

28 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

I see. I'm asking about the visit at home 

Just now, transam said:

There is a hot line to report staff asking for money. Plus, anyone handing over cash could be deemed a bribe and you could be in doo-doo.....

Who is on the phone at the other end of the hotline though? I agree if you are legal you should nt have to pay and I also think agents are another scam that I won't pay for. I do understand why people use them though

1 hour ago, transam said:

There is a hot line to report staff asking for money. Plus, anyone handing over cash could be deemed a bribe and you could be in doo-doo.....

LOL in your country maybe. Not here. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, transam said:

When you call, they ask for your name & address. I sheee ite you not! 🙂