Body Found Floating - Any News?

We were visiting Koh Tao recently, and had a great trip. Really liked the island, and the people we met there.

One odd thing that happened while we were there, however, was a floating body being discovered around 7:30 AM on January 22nd near the entrance to Chalok Bay.  We never heard if this made the news or not, but were curious who the person was, and how he died. It appeared to be a Caucasian male in black shorts. 

Does anyone know anything about this?  I have attached an intentionally blurry picture I took from my phone, rather than higher resolution images,  to avoid offending anyone. Thanks in advance for any insights.

blurry-2.jpg

There was something similar up near Pattaya a couple of days ago...but haven't heard anything about Koh Tao

Pattaya: Foreigner found in the sea off Koh Larn: Neck was tied to rock to weigh down the body

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1147912-pattaya-foreigner-found-in-the-sea-off-koh-larn-neck-was-tied-to-rock-to-weigh-down-the-body/?utm_source=newsletter-20200212-1219&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Someone tipped me off to a post by Ian Yarwood on Twitter sharing a Thai news article. This is definitely the same person. It was not a farang, but rather a young Thai fisherman stabbed in a fight on a fishing boat off coast of Koh Samui. The body drifted for five days until discovered off Koh Tao. An arrest was made.  Thanks, all, for the assistance.

https://siamrath.co.th/n/128093

• Like 1