Cherng Talay Police arrest Layan Beach thief

webfact

Cherng Talay Police arrest Layan Beach thief

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1581580157_1-org.jpg

The thief was arrested at Layan Beach at about 3pm yesterday (Feb 12). Photo: Cherng Talay Police

PHUKET: Cherng Talay Police yesterday (Feb 12) arrested a thief who stole an Italian tourist’s waist bag, containing his passport, credit cards and cash, which was left on Layan Beach while the tourist went swimming.

Lt Prasan Ketsaro of the Cherng Talay Police reported that the tourist, Massimo Gallo, arrived at the police station at around 3:30pm on Tuesday (Feb 11) to report that his bag had been stolen.

Mr Gallo explained that he had left his Fila waist bag on the beach while he went for a swim.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/cherng-talay-police-arrest-layan-beach-thief-74814.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-02-13

What is wrong with some people? Bringing your passport and credit cards to the beach?!? When I go to the beach I bring enough cash to get me by for the day at the beach, 2000 baht is plenty for a bite to eat and a few beers and it's a small enough amount that I don't care if it gets stolen. 

It's also a good idea to rent a lounger and chat up the guy that runs them. Buy something straight away and be friendly. He'll keep an eye on things for you. They always have for me anyway. I have spent many hundreds if not 1000's of hours on Thai beaches and have never been ripped off.