How to link a Thai bank account to PayPal for the purpose of withdrawing funds

I'm trying to link a Thai bank account to my PayPal account so I can transfer funds out of PayPal. However, when I try to link the Thai bank account, PayPal asks for a 15-digit account number. Thai bank accounts have only 10 digits and the branch codes are 4 digits which makes only 14 digits. I've tried entering a 14-digit number and PayPal says the account is linked. But then when I try to transfer funds out, a couple of days later PayPal says "withdrawal denied". I've tried linking both Kasikorn and Bangkok Bank accounts to no avail. Has anybody successfully linked a Thai bank account to PayPal and withdrawn funds? 

pp-kkb.png

17 hours ago, sanmyintmaung said:

I added ten digits Kasikorn bank account number in my Thai paypal to withdraw funds. No branch code added.

Same for me, Bank account number off my passbook from SCB, Paypal does two microtransactions that you have to verify the amount of, and good to go.

On 1/8/2020 at 2:46 PM, Chazar said:

I  think youll  find insects are

3 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

Same for me, Bank account number off my passbook from SCB, Paypal does two microtransactions that you have to verify the amount of, and good to go.

Yes, I had no problem linking my Thai Krungsri (Ayudhaya) bank account with my PayPal account.

Not sure if this is a Thai PayPal account you are using but if yes, then adding a Thai bank is easy. Since your PayPal account is not linking to a Thai bank account, I'm guessing you're trying to link it to a non Thai PayPal account which I am quite sure cannot be done.

• Like 1

You need to ensure your Thai Paypal account via Paypal.co.th NOT a US other country Paypal account, it wont work.

You can open a Thai Paypal account and transfer between that and another country Paypal no probem, then link the Thgai version to the Thai Bank.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

You need to ensure your Thai Paypal account via Paypal.co.th NOT a US other country Paypal account, it wont work.

I have linked mine to a US paypal account but using the credit card issued  by SCB not the savings account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jasonsamui55 said:

i have a Thai PayPal account and have looked my scb savings account and also my SCB credit card but when I want to buy stuff I can only pay by credit card and not via bank draw. Does anyone have a solution to that one, so that you can pay by drawing from SCB savings account?

The fix is to have your Bank ATM card added to your PayPal account so that when payments are made with the ATM, it will be debited from your Bank balance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2020 at 5:34 PM, Max69xl said:

. And,no,you can't transfer money out of Thailand using PayPal. 

i use my Thai paypal account linked to my SCB account to send money to a paypal canada account way more often than I would like. When you click "transfer" in your Thai paypal account, it should present you with the option of sending money that is already in your paypal account, or sending money from your linked bank account. And I did exactly the reverse, sent money from the canadian paypal linked bank account to my Thai paypal account, done in seconds. What you cannot do, i believe, is transfer from your Thai bank account to your Thai paypal account; only the reverse is allowed.  

• Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 5:41 PM, sanmyintmaung said:

I added ten digits Kasikorn bank account number in my Thai paypal to withdraw funds. No branch code added.

I have now added a Bangkok Bank account to my PayPal account using just the 10-digit account number and have successfully transferred funds from PayPal to bank account. Thanks.

On 2/15/2020 at 11:40 AM, Headgame said:

The fix is to have your Bank ATM card added to your PayPal account so that when payments are made with the ATM, it will be debited from your Bank balance.

That works but they still hit you up for the 3-4% MasterCard or visa rate, so it’s not quite as good as pulling out of your bank account in Thailand sending to your other PayPal account abroad and then downloading the cash to your bank there.

On 2/16/2020 at 6:36 PM, MiNombreEsFicticious said:

i use my Thai paypal account linked to my SCB account to send money to a paypal canada account way more often than I would like. When you click "transfer" in your Thai paypal account, it should present you with the option of sending money that is already in your paypal account, or sending money from your linked bank account. And I did exactly the reverse, sent money from the canadian paypal linked bank account to my Thai paypal account, done in seconds. What you cannot do, i believe, is transfer from your Thai bank account to your Thai paypal account; only the reverse is allowed.  

"What you cannot do, i believe, is transfer from your Thai bank account to your Thai paypal account; only the reverse is allowed."

I totally agree.I have never been able to move any money from my Thai bank account to my Thai PayPal account.

On 2/14/2020 at 11:06 AM, Peter Denis said:

Is it also possible the other way around > transferring funds from your thai bank-account to a linked Paypal-account?

I have linked my Thai credit card to my PayPal account. I have not tried to link the bank account directly

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2020 at 4:15 PM, Max69xl said:

"What you cannot do, i believe, is transfer from your Thai bank account to your Thai paypal account; only the reverse is allowed."

I totally agree.I have never been able to move any money from my Thai bank account to my Thai PayPal account.

What's the purpose of a Paypal account?

• Haha 2