Chinese Arrivals

Jumbo1968

There appears to be no official record of how many Chinese Tourists are still arriving, is this a deliberate ploy by the Thai government ?

its difficult to gauge where I live in Pattaya as it’s not predominantly Tourist area, I had a walk along Beach Road on Sunday and today and there were few if anybody out and about apart from a few farangs in the Bars.

Bottom line how many Chinese are arriving, thousands or just a few. Usually at the airport you are falling over Chinese people, has anyone recently passed through it recently ?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

58 countries have so far closed their borders to China, but not Thailand, oh well, my protest is not to go out and spend until they do,

I don't think Thais care if you spend or not. You've option to go back to where you came from and post your rants from your home country. 

Edited by Vascoda
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vascoda said:

Pattaya city is quite. No tour buses to clog he narrow streets. But mu brand new condo is inundated with Chinese so muc so that they just opened a new Chinese Resturant near my condo. Now ure how many of them are virus carriers ????. Was temted to ask a Chinese in elevator why Chinese people eat exotic animals and spread deseases from the middle ages like Black Plauge.

be careful... they might coff up some secrets 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vascoda said:

I don't think Thais care if you spend or not. You've option to go back to where you came from and post your rants from your home country. 

Not a rant, a statement of the fact, and if you don't think they care, your delusional, why else would they not stop the Chinese from coming when 58 other countries have, yep the oh mighty spend which contributes 20% to the economy, they are currently in melt down at the moment.

Nothing to do with me returning to my country, which of course I can do at anytime I choose to.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

58 countries have so far closed their borders to China, but not Thailand, oh well, my protest is not to go out and spend until they do, I think tourists from other nations have made that statement also by not coming.

You think too much and you think wrong. Tourism has decreased to all Asian countries, regardless of whether they have closed their borders to China or not.