BANGKOK
chang50

Jomtien no longer require proof of 800k three months after extension?

Went to collect passport today with my new one year extension.No mention of coming back in 3 months with proof I still have 800k in the bank.Is this no longer required?

News to me...did you not get a paper of when to return and what documents to produce?

2 minutes ago, petermik said:

News to me...did you not get a paper of when to return and what documents to produce?

Nothing just gave me back my passport.

• Like 1

Possibly. 

But then again if you had asked about it they may have given you the form. 

Welcome to another grey area of Thai immigration.

The next guy this happens to might want to put his neck out and ask. 

That might be the only way we can get a better idea of whether or not they changed their policy. 

For what's its worth I did my show money report recently and they did look it over and staple all the copies together but no receipt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe when you do your 90 days, i.e. if you go in, they might ask you then, or if you are doing it on line, they might ask for proof, just saying.

The ruling is not wit draw , maybe they count on self regulation...., or hoping on a few fines or "arrangements" at the moment of renewing extension .?

Bankbook tells the history....at end point .

Edited by david555

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Possibly. 

But then again if you had asked about it they may have given you the form. 

Welcome to another grey area of Thai immigration.

The next guy this happens to might want to put his neck out and ask. 

That might be the only way we can get a better idea of whether or not they changed their policy. 

For what's its worth I did my show money report recently and they did look it over and staple all the copies together but no receipt. 

To be honest I totally forgot about it until I got home.Probably phone in the morning to clarify..

Dont worry they will catch up in time... Wait for your next time you apply next year, THEN they will check you, and if the money havent been there they might refuse your new extension next year. So just play safe and let the money stay where they are.

glegolo

• Like 2

1 minute ago, glegolo said:

Dont worry they will catch up in time... Wait for your next time you apply next year, THEN they will check you, and if the money havent been there they might refuse your new extension next year. So just play safe and let the money stay where they are.

glegolo

No worries I have no intention of going below the specified amounts that would be reckless.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Maybe when you do your 90 days, i.e. if you go in, they might ask you then, or if you are doing it on line, they might ask for proof, just saying.

Nah. 

This has nothing to do with the address reports. 

Different desks too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chang50 said:

To be honest I totally forgot about it until I got home.Probably phone in the morning to clarify..

Not saying you should call because maybe you just got lucky. 

But if you do call please let us know what they say. 

Of course the bank rules still are in effect but dropping the show money thing would still be welcome. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Not saying you should call because maybe you just got lucky. 

But if you do call please let us know what they say. 

Of course the bank rules still are in effect but dropping the show money thing would still be welcome. 

Very welcome I've never had to show money as the rules started in March 2019.Naturally I will keep TV posted.

May be they got tired of this useless check and abandoned it. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Why would they have to tell you? You seem to know already, right. You also must do a 90 day report, so let us just assume that all you talk about is included there.

90 day report unless it's your first extension would not match date for 90 bankbook report.

Also you can do 90 day report online.

The point about "why would they need tell you" . Joke?

They are the ones handing out the "form".

With dates etc entered by them.

In any event clearly based on recent reports they have had change of heart similar to tm30 many offices.