Jomtien no longer require proof of 800k three months after extension?

Possibly. 

But then again if you had asked about it they may have given you the form. 

Welcome to another grey area of Thai immigration.

The next guy this happens to might want to put his neck out and ask. 

That might be the only way we can get a better idea of whether or not they changed their policy. 

For what's its worth I did my show money report recently and they did look it over and staple all the copies together but no receipt. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ruling is not wit draw , maybe they count on self regulation...., or hoping on a few fines or "arrangements" at the moment of renewing extension .?

Bankbook tells the history....at end point .

Edited by david555

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Possibly. 

But then again if you had asked about it they may have given you the form. 

Welcome to another grey area of Thai immigration.

The next guy this happens to might want to put his neck out and ask. 

That might be the only way we can get a better idea of whether or not they changed their policy. 

For what's its worth I did my show money report recently and they did look it over and staple all the copies together but no receipt. 

To be honest I totally forgot about it until I got home.Probably phone in the morning to clarify..

1 minute ago, glegolo said:

Dont worry they will catch up in time... Wait for your next time you apply next year, THEN they will check you, and if the money havent been there they might refuse your new extension next year. So just play safe and let the money stay where they are.

glegolo

No worries I have no intention of going below the specified amounts that would be reckless.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Maybe when you do your 90 days, i.e. if you go in, they might ask you then, or if you are doing it on line, they might ask for proof, just saying.

Nah. 

This has nothing to do with the address reports. 

Different desks too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chang50 said:

To be honest I totally forgot about it until I got home.Probably phone in the morning to clarify..

Not saying you should call because maybe you just got lucky. 

But if you do call please let us know what they say. 

Of course the bank rules still are in effect but dropping the show money thing would still be welcome. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Not saying you should call because maybe you just got lucky. 

But if you do call please let us know what they say. 

Of course the bank rules still are in effect but dropping the show money thing would still be welcome. 

Very welcome I've never had to show money as the rules started in March 2019.Naturally I will keep TV posted.

13 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Why would they have to tell you? You seem to know already, right. You also must do a 90 day report, so let us just assume that all you talk about is included there.

90 day report unless it's your first extension would not match date for 90 bankbook report.

Also you can do 90 day report online.

The point about "why would they need tell you" . Joke?

They are the ones handing out the "form".

With dates etc entered by them.

In any event clearly based on recent reports they have had change of heart similar to tm30 many offices. 

25 minutes ago, Vascoda said:

May be they got tired of this useless check and abandoned it. 

That's entirely possible or even likely. Keep in mind Jomtien in demanding this has been an outlier as most offices are not. So it would make perfect sense that they now realize that they shouldn't bother to do something extra that most other offices never did in the first place.

But some kind of "official" confirmation would be good. Not giving the form is a strong hint though.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

"Me too"!

I was also there today to pick up passport (retirement ext.). No form, no mention. And I did not ask.

Happily ignorant, and I just keep all the money there at all times.

Thanks for report. Think we can safely say it's a done and dusted nonsense. 

35 minutes ago, MeaMaximaCulpa said:

"Me too"!

I was also there today to pick up passport (retirement ext.). No form, no mention. And I did not ask.

Happily ignorant, and I just keep all the money there at all times.

Cheers sounds likes a plan.

Went to collect passport today with my new one year extension.No mention of coming back in 3 months with proof ...

Interesting.

I'll make my extension next month.  and I'll see if there'll be any issues for I did not show up with my bankbook after 3 months because I was abroad.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Interesting.

I'll make my extension next month.  and I'll see if there'll be any issues for I did not show up with my bankbook after 3 months because I was abroad.

Sounds like you been abroad 9 months. 

In any event the rubbish bankbook report 90 day after extension granted was always about show bankbook as soon as return from o/s trip. 

Anyway it was always a rubbish thing from Jomtien. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Sounds like you been abroad 9 months. 

In any event the rubbish bankbook report 90 day after extension granted was always about show bankbook as soon as return from o/s trip. 

Anyway it was always a rubbish thing from Jomtien. 

In fact it was a little less. But I did not show up when I came back in early december either. I'll report.

Edited by JustAnotherHun

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Thanks for report. Think we can safely say it's a done and dusted nonsense. 

Maybe a done and dusted nonsense at Jomtien, but most certainly not at neighbouring Maptaput where they have only very recently seen fit to inflict this ridiculous requirement on retirees. And not just on those using the 800k/400k bank balance method but also those using the 65k monthly income method, it would appear (see attachment)! On this basis the "rogue office" baton has clearly passed from Jomtien to Maptaput!!

90-day income proof.pdf

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chang50 said:

I had to ask and then she gave me a date (a Sunday), but no slip. They appear to be losing interest or relaxing on a requirement they fabricated themselves. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I had to ask and then she gave me a date (a Sunday), but no slip. They appear to be losing interest or relaxing on a requirement they fabricated themselves. 

Tried phoning them 2 different numbers no answer to one and line busy the second..

I did the extension two months ago and was told when I collected my passport the next day to come back in 3 months with copies of the usual passport pages plus a copy of my updated passbook. I asked the guy for a form showing what to bring and when but he just waved me away. It would be stupid not to do the 3-month bank book report, but I got the impression that they don't seem terribly interested in it.

Possibly for this reason?

I went jomtien immigration yesterday to do annual retirement visa and I fly back to uk next week for iro 8 months. I said I would be unable to do the 90 day bank reporting and IO told me I did not need to anyway. I asked why and told that it was  because I had a  year fixed deposit account and not need to do it when fixed account.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, twix38 said:

Possibly for this reason?

I went jomtien immigration yesterday to do annual retirement visa and I fly back to uk next week for iro 8 months. I said I would be unable to do the 90 day bank reporting and IO told me I did not need to anyway. I asked why and told that it was  because I had a  year fixed deposit account and not need to do it when fixed account.

33 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I did the extension two months ago and was told when I collected my passport the next day to come back in 3 months with copies of the usual passport pages plus a copy of my updated passbook. I asked the guy for a form showing what to bring and when but he just waved me away. It would be stupid not to do the 3-month bank book report, but I got the impression that they don't seem terribly interested in it.

Would the usual passport pages be the same as for the extension?If someone has the form could they please post it?

The old story, The General says attack, The junior officers say "yes sir!" The soldiers stand to attention, salute and walk away, the comment being...'WELL! HE DIDN'T SAY WHEN!" SO! NEXT YEAR WILL DO! BY THEN WE WILL HAVE A NEW GENERAL OR THE BATTLE WILL BE OVER!"