Jomtien no longer require proof of 800k three months after extension?

21 hours ago, glegolo said:

Dont worry they will catch up in time... Wait for your next time you apply next year, THEN they will check your ou, and if the money havent been there they might refuse your new extension next year. So just play safe and let the money stay where they are.

glegolo

There wasn't a post from someone who had an extension based on investment. During the year he changed his investment to something other than what he used to get the extension.

He went to some immigration office to get another extension at the end of the one he had. His documents, were checked, they spotted the change and told him that when he changed the investment he effectively cancelled the extension he had. The officer said from the date he changed the invest and therefore cancelled his existing extension, he was on overstay.

Don't know how or if that was resolved, but the point is that if you fail to comply with conditions set for your extension, it may not result in simply being refused your next extension, you could take a hit on your current extension retroactively.

Edited by Suradit69

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

People dealing with Jomtien please do not ask for form when obtain extension.

It was a nonsense from the start

Quite right too. Hope you tell them that next time you go for your next extension. ????

Yeah , I heard last week that they were not asking for the three month verification. Not a big deal either way. I’ll wait for my renewal to come up mid April and see what the instructions are. From IO perspective it’s low risk as they can catch you next time you renew, so maybe it’s a pragmatic approach to the issue. 

I extended a couple of weeks ago in Ratchaburi.  They said nothing about coming back in 3 months to show funds still in account.  

I would not take it out early though.  They will probably check for it when you do the next extension.

23 hours ago, chang50 said:

Nothing just gave me back my passport.

Jomtien Immigration have forgotten to hand over the note with the date for the "90 days check" many times since the new requirements from March 1 2019. When you picked up the passport wasn't the sign still visible at desk 8? 

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Jomtien Immigration have forgotten to hand over the note with the date for the "90 days check" many times since the new requirements from March 1 2019. When you picked up the passport wasn't the sign still visible at desk 8? 

Never saw any signs..

9 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

who knows !!!

and we will never get to know, will we??

Why will we never get to know? You don't know anyone doing annual extensions at Jomtien Immigration using the 800k in the bank method?

There will probably be more posts about it here.

Maybe you're not one of them, but I'm in for my next extension soon. I will found out. How hard can it be? 

Can one or more of the Moderators confirm the need for this 90-day 800,000 baht in bank requirement with the Jomtien office? Perhaps have the FM Radio Station to ask, then post results.

I did my extension late in December 2019, at the time the requirements were on the back of one of the computer terminals and this first requirement was to come back with the appointment letter. I never got any appointment letter when I picked up my passport and no mention of the need.

Edited by KhunKenAP
content

I'm going to go out on a limb now.

There have been numerous reports of RECENT 800K baht based retirement extension Jomtien applications NOT being given the report back order to show money after 90 days form.

There have NOT been any very recent reports of them giving out that order in such cases.

Thus I think it's fair and reasonable to respond as follows:

Assume the 90 day show money thing is over at Jomtien

Assume the underlying rules of money seasoning, before and after extensions are what they are nationally. Two months before 800K, three months after 800K, after that 400K.

Assume they will need proof that you met those rules upon the next extension application.

Suggest people NOT ask about coming back for the 90 day show money thing when they are not given the formal order.

Worse case scenario in my opinion is that at next extension they say you missed that report. So then what, you can say I didn't receive an order to do it and you can see in my paperwork that I met ALL seasoning requirements

If I turn out to be wrong, oh well.

• Like 2

So am I right to assume this was only handed out in Jomtien and maybe one or two other offices...!?

My friend and I both renewed on May 2019 about a week apart at Phuket office and there was no sign or mention or form or appointment whatsoever about this. We always thought this is something they would check at next year renewal.... !?  

20 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

who knows !!!

and we will never get to know, will we??

The next point of interest will be starting in March.... will IOs around the country be doing retroactive checks on those applying for repeat retirement extensions (based on money in the bank) as to whether they retained the money in the bank for the last year? 

On 2/15/2020 at 12:23 PM, Jingthing said:

There have been numerous reports of RECENT 800K baht based retirement extension Jomtien applications NOT being given the report back order to show money after 90 days form.

There have NOT been any very recent reports of them giving out that order in such cases.

Assume the underlying rules of money seasoning, before and after extensions are what they are nationally. Two months before 800K, three months after 800K, after that 400K.

Assume they will need proof that you met those rules upon the next extension application.

Suggest people NOT ask about coming back for the 90 day show money thing when they are not given the formal order.

Worse case scenario in my opinion is that at next extension they say you missed that report. So then what, you can say I didn't receive an order to do it and you can see in my paperwork that I met ALL seasoning requirements

That sounds reasonable given their reluctance to keep us informed or answer questions..

• 4 weeks later...

Showed my money today at Jomtien....updated Bank passbook etc etc Had to write my name and phone number on a document she produced and she kept....end of.

I did not ask for the 90 day proof of funds form when i did my extension in December (i was lazy and didn,t think it was down to me anyway) and she never offered me one,but the sign in front of desk number 8 was there then and is still there now.

Saying you never told me to come back or you never gave me an appointment form aint gonna cut it if they want to be awkward....they make rules.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Showed my money today at Jomtien....updated Bank passbook etc etc Had to write my name and phone number on a document she produced and she kept....end of.

I did not ask for the 90 day proof of funds form when i did my extension in December (i was lazy and didn,t think it was down to me anyway) and she never offered me one,but the sign in front of desk number 8 was there then and is still there now.

Saying you never told me to come back or you never gave me an appointment form aint gonna cut it if they want to be awkward....they make rules.

Jomtien don't make the rules. They along with very few other imm offices abuse the rules. Nothing but a nonsense imm office.

7 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Well I kinda hope you are wrong. Usually I have not come across awkwardness at the Retirement Extension renewal desk. 

There is no police order saying the IOs must check the money has been retained after the Extension is issued..... although the requirement is written as one. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Well I kinda hope you are wrong. Usually I have not come across awkwardness at the Retirement Extension renewal desk. 

There is no police order saying the IOs must check the money has been retained after the Extension is issued..... although the requirement is written as one. 

The sign at desk 8 about showing the 800k after 90 days has been there since March last year. It doesn't matter if there's a police order or not. 

13 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Showed my money today at Jomtien....updated Bank passbook etc etc Had to write my name and phone number on a document she produced and she kept....end of.....I did not ask for the 90 day proof of funds form when i did my extension in December (i was lazy and didn't think it was down to me anyway) and she never offered me one,but the sign in front of desk number 8 was there then and is still there now.

Same here.  Went yesterday - 90 days after retirement extension.  At the time (Dec 12th) I asked if I needed to come back in 90 days, answer a blunt "yes", but no form to sign up for an agreement to do so.  90 days later I decide to cover my a**e and went armed with photocopied pages of bank book and passport.  I went straight to desk 8 and the lady IO looked up and I said I was there to show my bank balance.  After a cursory glance at the copies and putting ticks and lines through various items, she scrabbled about with a large pile of assorted forms on the desk and gave me a blank one saying "put name and phone number and sign".  The form is I believe the one that you get if given at the time of retirement renewal.  She returned my bank book and passport and as I turned on the way out, my nicely copied details and the form agreeing to return after extension, seemed to be being filed in the heap of paper on the desk behind.  She did actually take photos of my passport - so whether this is just going through the motions as there is no financial incentive, or they do actually tie the fact that someone has either been a good boy and filed the 3 month report or not when it comes to your next visit to Soi 5.  The former I suspect.     

Unfortunately not so.

Applied to renew my retirement extension yesterday.

When going through all the papers the guy collating them (off to the side of the desk) handed me the attached form without saying anything about it. I think it has been posted before. I do not remember him stamping the dates (but I may have missed it) which suggests he must have had a pile ready for that day.

20200311_192538.thumb.jpg.327c6bf48e19b3a3e83b811f639631f7.jpg

It's not over.

Today I got the paper linked in #54.

After my extension last year I did not show up with my bank book after 90 days. So I ordered a 1-year-statement from Babgkok Bank to be on the save side (took one week to get it).

The IO just checked the bank book copies showing the 800k for two months. He did not ask for the statement.

16 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

It's not over.

Today I got the paper linked in #54.

After my extension last year I did not show up with my bank book after 90 days. So I ordered a 1-year-statement from Babgkok Bank to be on the save side (took one week to get it).

The IO just checked the bank book copies showing the 800k for two months. He did not ask for the statement.

Without the 12 months bank statement they don't know if you went below 400k until 2 months prior to the day you applied for the extension. I have heard several reports about the need of the bank statement at Jomtien Immigration. 

The general consensus among most of the forumers here is that immigration will check the 3 months after and 2 months before when you renew next year although this wasn't confirmed by any real cases yet.

Edited by EricTh

20 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The general consensus among most of the forumers here is that immigration will check the 3 months after and 2 months before when you renew next year although this wasn't confirmed by any real cases yet.

What wasn't confirmed by any real cases?