Jomtien no longer require proof of 800k three months after extension?

So, right back from Jomiten Immigration.

Yesterday the application for retirement extension (800k). Took me half an hour.

Though last year I did not show up with my bank book after 90 days no one wanted to see the one year statement.

Today picking up the PP, doing the 90 days report and applýing for a multi-re-entry took another half hour.

Conclusion: Smooth as silk. Jomtien is working professionally, the IOs and helpers are polite as always.

The place was less crowded compared to the last years but that might due to the different time I went there this time (thanks to Max69xl).

Sitting there and waiting I asked myself why some TVF-expats are complaining about their treatment by unfriendly IOs. A look around gave me the answer. So many people in dirty shorts, muscle shirts, flipflops and with angry faces are hardly to find outside balloon decorated beer bars. 

14 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Yesterday the application for retirement extension (800k). Took me half an hour.

Sorry if I am missing some earlier posts of yours but I would like some more information.

Did you do your previous extension (2019 to now) under the new rules requiring you to retain 800k for 3 months and 400k for remaining months after the renewal date? 

If yes, when you did your extension, was this checked for in any way by immigration yesterday?

I agree with your sentiment of angry faces in immigration ... saw one this week who yelled at the top of his lungs at the Thai lady with him, then inside was voicing complaint loudly to no one in particular. Looked like hangover symptoms to me!

Thanks.

Edited by jacko45k

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Sorry if I am missing some earlier posts of yours but I would like some more information.

Did you do your previous extension (2019 to now) under the new rules requiring you to retain 800k for 3 months and 400k for remaining months after the renewal date? 

If yes, when you did your extension, was this checked for in any way by immigration yesterday?

I agree with your sentiment of angry faces in immigration ... saw one this week who yelled at the top of his lungs at the Thai lady with him, then inside was voicing complaint loudly to no one in particular. Looked like hangover symptoms to me!

Thanks.

Jacko45,

1. I did the 2019-extension March 05(?)/19 under the new rules. I must have been one of the first.

2. I did NOT show up with my BB after 90 days because I was abroad then.

3. For the wednesday-application I had a 1-year-statement of my bank and a constantly updated BB to show them I met the requirements.

4. IO (the helper there)  did NOT want to see the statement, neither did he check the BB one year back. He just checked the BB copies ( 800k 2 months prior the application).

5 At the end of the check they gave me another paper (same as linked here by a fellow TVF member) to come back with the BB after 90 days

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday I did my 90 day report at Jomtien. The IO checked the date of my retirement visa and said don't forget to show proof of 800k after 3 months from issue date. I told him I was not given a report date slip in my passport and he told me I had signed a form during renewal and it was up to me to work out the date to return with updated bank book. He said failure to do so would result in problems when renewing next year. I think it is better to be on the safe side and go back.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

4. IO (the helper there)  did NOT want to see the statement, neither did he check the BB one year back. He just checked the BB copies ( 800k 2 months prior the application) before.

Sound like the same as previous years except for the request to return after 3 month with BB!

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Sound like the same as previous years except for the request to return after 3 month with BB!

That was my impression too.

Even if I had showed up last year according to their rules the should at least have checked my BB for the 400k. But the helper had only a very fast look at the BB and all he was interested in were the copies of the last two months and if I had updated at the day of application.

But - as always - I would not count on this. Another IO, another way to do. TiT

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

That was my impression too.

Even if I had showed up last year according to their rules the should at least have checked my BB for the 400k. But the helper had only a very fast look at the BB and all he was interested in were the copies of the last two months and if I had updated at the day of application.

But - as always - I would not count on this. Another IO, another way to do. TiT

I did show up last year but I think there is a disconnect anyhow in that the "helper" would have no way to check if you did or not as he/she does not look at any database or other information when processing your documents. 

One way to potentially make it simple, and hopefully not need any kind of bank statement, is to use a fixed account only for the 800k. Easy to see and check. I just remove the interest once a year and no need for any last minute update/transaction. 

2 minutes ago, topt said:

I did show up last year but I think there is a disconnect anyhow in that the "helper" would have no way to check if you did or not as he/she does not look at any database or other information when processing your documents. 

Correct.

But that means the real IO who approved the application did not look at the database too or he did not care about the fact I did not show up last June.

15 minutes ago, topt said:

One way to potentially make it simple, and hopefully not need any kind of bank statement, is to use a fixed account only for the 800k. Easy to see and check. I just remove the interest once a year and no need for any last minute update/transaction. 

"I just remove the interest once a year and no need for any last minute update/transaction."

Yeah, it's so hard to withdraw money from an ATM when going to the bank for the bank letter for immigration. The extension cost 1900 baht and the bank letter 100 baht, so I withdraw 2000 baht and then I have the transaction and the money I need. What's the problem? 

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

"I just remove the interest once a year and no need for any last minute update/transaction."

Yeah, it's so hard to withdraw money from an ATM when going to the bank for the bank letter for immigration. The extension cost 1900 baht and the bank letter 100 baht, so I withdraw 2000 baht and then I have the transaction and the money I need. What's the problem? 

Where did I say it was a problem?

Posters bang on about making a last minute transaction/update so I was merely mentioning that with a fixed account that is not necessary.

1 hour ago, phutoie2 said:

Jomtien Immigration?, sorry I was there yesterday and I am sure it said Chon Buri Immigration. 

Plus all the signs directing me there said the same 55.

Is this a local farts thing.? 

Yes, Jomtien Immigration is the pet name used by some local foreigners for the Pattaya immigration office, ie the immigration office in Pattaya City in Chon Buri province. I believe there are also one or two other immigration offices in Chon Buri province, none of them in the town or district of Chon Buri (Mueang Chonburi), which makes the name Chon Buri immigration office a bit ambiguous and this may have lead to the use of the unofficial name Jomtien immigration.

• Thanks 1