Staying in Pattaya but Bank in Bangkok for Extension Letter

Hello I'm staying in Pattaya for a few months but my home branch of Bangkok Bank is in Bangkok. I need to renew my Extension for Retirement and I'm wondering if I can just get the money letter locally on the day of application or do I have to renew in Chaeng Watthana and get the letter there?

Thanks

26 minutes ago, FatVern said:

Great! Thanks

Where did you previously do your extensions. Meaning which imm office.

That's where you need apply for your 12 month extension.

Also the guy you replied to, he "lives in Nong Khai" but obtained an extension Pattaya?

I'm confused.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, fourpack said:

As I've said before on a thread similar to this my bank is BKK my branch is in Pattaya has been for all the time I've lived in Thailand.

I haven't lived in Pattaya for 13 years now. If I need a bank letter I go to my local branch were I now live. I get them to phone my branch and get them to send a statement to my local branch they print and sign it. No issue whatsoever

Yes I understand that. Perfectly normal. Your applying for extension where you live.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into the OP. He states living in Pattaya "for few months" wants to obtain his bank letter and apply for extension in Pattaya.

States wants to obtain letter locally and obtain extension where he is currently, meaning Pattaya.

I attend CW. So when I wish to apply for extension I can fly to say Udon thaini and do it there. Answer NO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I attend CW. So when I wish to apply for extension I can fly to say Udon thaini and do it there. Answer NO

Sure you can do this, you just have to "move" (somebody has to do a TM30 for you) there for a few hours.

You can fly to Udon in the morning, visit your friend there, he reports you as being at his place with a TM30. Then you go into the immigration office and apply for your extension. Everything in compliance with Thai law.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Sure you can do this, you just have to "move" (somebody has to do a TM30 for you) there for a few hours.

You can fly to Udon in the morning, visit your friend there, he reports you as being at his place with a TM30. Then you go into the immigration office and apply for your extension. Everything in compliance with Thai law.

Appreciate your advice. Frankly don't think that would work. Happy to stand corrected by others.

TM30 won't cut it.

ps. Just had another read. Thinking that your advice is rubbish.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, fourpack said:

I can't see a problem if you are registered by TM 28 and TM 30 at an address you can use the office to get an extension.

But why would you is more to the point of your not living there in reality

You did not mention that you had filed tm28 in your OP. 

So only for readers of your thread....

Your staying "few months" in Pattaya. 

Filed a tm28 in order to obtain annual extension in Pattaya? And imm there will accept tm30 of where you live?

At CW (yes different office), I need show lease, map etc.

No need reply. I'm outta this thread. Clearly I'm just distracting what you already know.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fourpack said:

As I've said before on a thread similar to this my bank is BKK my branch is in Pattaya has been for all the time I've lived in Thailand.

I haven't lived in Pattaya for 13 years now. If I need a bank letter I go to my local branch were I now live. I get them to phone my branch and get them to send a statement to my local branch they print and sign it. No issue whatsoever

The letter we talk of is not a statement so much as a standard letter stating current balance and confirming it is your account. I am pretty sure I have obtained the required letter at a sub-branch of Bangkok Bank, on the way towards immigration, rather than having to go to the main branch on Second Rd. (Where the account is held).

• Like 2

15 hours ago, FatVern said:

Great! Thanks

Definitely no probs with Bangkok Bank either in my experience. Although my account is registered at the main Rayong branch I've hitherto been able to obtain letters and 6-month statements needed for Immigration purposes at a local Big C sub-branch with no difficulty at all.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Definitely no probs with Bangkok Bank either in my experience. Although my account is registered at the main Rayong branch I've hitherto been able to obtain letters and 6-month statements needed for Immigration purposes at a local Big C sub-branch with no difficulty at all.

Thanks!

depends on what you need.  local branches only have limited access to the databases.  not sure if it's 90 days or six months.  older transaction info has to be provided by the branch maintaining the account.

for example if you're at CW and need a statement showing funds brought in from outside of thailand, but your account is at silom and the funds came in outside that limited window.....

maybe they could fax that to your local branch, but would not be immediate.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You did not mention that you had filed tm28 in your OP. 

So only for readers of your thread....

Your staying "few months" in Pattaya. 

Filed a tm28 in order to obtain annual extension in Pattaya? And imm there will accept tm30 of where you live?

At CW (yes different office), I need show lease, map etc.

No need reply. I'm outta this thread. Clearly I'm just distracting what you already know.

Love it when people don't read I'm NOT the OP

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, fourpack said:

Love it when people don't read I'm NOT the OP

Yeah sorry about that. Maybe I had beer goggles on. 

While I'm here perhaps you can explain. How easy is it to change which imm office you obtain your extension. Meaning say you live in bkk and staying for a period in Pattaya. Wanting to do extension there. What do you need to do?

The OP implied visiting Pattaya for few months. Did not mention where normally does his extension. Perhaps it's the first.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

depends on what you need.  local branches only have limited access to the databases.  not sure if it's 90 days or six months.  older transaction info has to be provided by the branch maintaining the account.

for example if you're at CW and need a statement showing funds brought in from outside of thailand, but your account is at silom and the funds came in outside that limited window.....

maybe they could fax that to your local branch, but would not be immediate.

I walked over to my nearest branch and they said no problemo for my particular needs. The lady told me no need for advance notice or anything. We shall see Monday or Tuesday morning when I actually try to lay hands on it. 

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yeah sorry about that. Maybe I had beer goggles on. 

While I'm here perhaps you can explain. How easy is it to change which imm office you obtain your extension. Meaning say you live in bkk and staying for a period in Pattaya. Wanting to do extension there. What do you need to do?

The OP implied visiting Pattaya for few months. Did not mention where normally does his extension. Perhaps it's the first.

Thanks for trying to help! I'm sure you meant well. 

I did my extension a few weeks ago at Jomtien. The Bangkok Bank branch where I opened my account (Pattaya) could only go back six months for statements. They had to order the twelve months of statements from HQ in Bangkok and was asked to come back in a week. I have in the past got the letter from a different branch to my 'home' branch so I doubt the OP will have a problem getting the letter here in Pattaya.

On 2/13/2020 at 5:57 PM, FatVern said:

Great! Thanks

for monthly income they all told me only from home branch, opened 5 years earlier in Chiang Mai. I think a couple of responders touched on the bigger and more critical question of if a BKK resident normally serviced from coming CW  can do their extension in another IO Province, ie Jomtien while only staying there for a short time?? I don't think so from what I have read previously but will defer to those with far more expertise than me or the Immigration staff where you plan to do it. I can imagine it would be frustrating to get thru the bank obstacle only to run into the "no can do" gate at immigration.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/13/2020 at 6:29 PM, fourpack said:

Where do you get a new bank book when it's full? Normally you visit the branch where it's issued. 

4 hours ago, tf6122 said:

for monthly income they all told me only from home branch, opened 5 years earlier in Chiang Mai. I think a couple of responders touched on the bigger and more critical question of if a BKK resident normally serviced from coming CW  can do their extension in another IO Province, ie Jomtien while only staying there for a short time?? I don't think so from what I have read previously but will defer to those with far more expertise than me or the Immigration staff where you plan to do it. I can imagine it would be frustrating to get thru the bank obstacle only to run into the "no can do" gate at immigration.

You can not extend your stay in another province during a short stay. You have to officially move using the TM28 and the TM30. Some provinces just want the TM30. Then you can extend your stay and do the 90 days reports at the new local immigration office.

On 2/14/2020 at 11:51 AM, ChouDoufu said:

depends on what you need.  local branches only have limited access to the databases.  not sure if it's 90 days or six months.  older transaction info has to be provided by the branch maintaining the account

False information with Bangkok bank.

I have gone to several different branches for my letter in fact never to the branch where I filed for the account.  

Everything is in their computer system so does not make sense some have limited databases... 

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

False information with Bangkok bank.

I have gone to several different branches for my letter in fact never to the branch where I filed for the account.  

Everything is in their computer system so does not make sense some have limited databases... 

never say "false information" in thailand.

what works in one district or city, may not work in others.  YKMV.

application of any rule or regulation is up to the bureaucrat's fengshui that day.

it doesn't have to make sense.  it is what it is.

bangkok bank at CW will provide the standard bank guarantee letter anytime as that simply states the balance at the time.  when it comes to confirming foreign source of deposits, they can NOT (per manager on duty) if the deposit was too far back.  i think it's 90 days, could be six months.  i had transferred 800K to my silom account shortly before converting from visa waiver to non-O.

On 2/13/2020 at 6:24 PM, DrJack54 said:

Where did you previously do your extensions. Meaning which imm office.

That's where you need apply for your 12 month extension.

Also the guy you replied to, he "lives in Nong Khai" but obtained an extension Pattaya?

I'm confused.

he said he got a letter from the bank in Pattaya go read the post again  !!!

15 hours ago, jackdd said:

At any branch of your bank

No,it depends on the bank. There's a reason for having an account at a certain branch. An ATM-card and a bank book are issued by a certain branch. Branches belongs to regions. At Kasikorn Bank for example, depending on branch and region you can't get a simple bank statement from a branch other than your own.