Virus numbers stable, recoveries continue

snoop1130

As long as the numbers infected are low and the hospitals can deal with it everything should be fine......but what is the tipping point?  At some stage an increase in numbers will see the hospitals stretched past their limits.   The tipping point cannot be not far away and ICU beds are now in short supply.   How do I know....... Well,  every time the wife or mother in law are at the hospital we end up in ICU

Visiting someone.  Not just Phitsanulok and PhiChit public hospitals.  Very few beds free! 

36 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

According to reports on social media anonymous nurse posting her hospital is rammed full of Chinese corona cases numbers being actively suppressed I know who I believe???? 

Yes anonymous sources on social media are inevitably 100% reliable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/14/2020 at 3:30 PM, DrTuner said:

I'm betting on 2 and panic spreading out at the point where the hospitals are overrun. Results should be in in 2-3 weeks, we'll see.

Earlier than that, should see results by now

Edited by uhuh

meanwhile in Wuhan the authorities are telling everyone to not go out... not for food, not for nothing not in 7 days time.. stay inside that all or the authorities will be informed on you... .. period.. dont believe me  ?  listen to the announcement as its broadcast. https://mobile.twitter.com/jenniferatntd/status/1229533320268177409?

Edited by englishoak

On 2/14/2020 at 1:24 PM, DrTuner said:

But at some point ICUs will be overflowing, that will be hard to cover up.

Could take the Wuhan chart as basis and estimate when it'll hit BKK. I haven't done that, how long ago did Wuhan have 50-100 confirmed cases? 

I think it took like nearly 6 weeks before they lost "Control" and they started reporting the numbers. On the 3rd day the number of infected was 121 (18th Jan). That is the official count, which could have easily been over 1,000 (initial victims likely assumed they had a cold or flu, before major announcements). Like others have said, the high humidity, high temperature climate could be in our favor. Or maybe in 3 more weeks Thailand will report triple digit numbers? I myself am on my 2nd cold. I got sick, along with 3 others flying back from Vietnam. I'm treating it as a mild cold...