Phuket Airport Immigration denies long queues at Arrival Hall

snoop1130

Phuket Airport Immigration denies long queues at Arrival Hall

By The Phuket News

1581591163_1-org.jpg

The Immigration office at Phuket International Airport has dismissed reports that tourists have been suffering waits of up to two hours to clear the Arrivals Hall at the airport. Photo: AoT / file

PHUKET:-- The Immigration office at Phuket International Airport has dismissed reports that tourists have been suffering waits of up to two hours to clear the Arrivals Hall at the airport.

The Phuket News received a direct report of a two-hour wait for international arrivals to clear Immigration at the airport yesterday (Feb 12), following another report of people suffering horribly overcrowded conditions while waiting to be cleared by Immigration last Saturday (Feb 8).

“My customers arrived with WK50. They were waiting more than two hours in the arrival hall to gain 15 metres in the queue,” the aggrieved wrote to The Phuket News.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-airport-immigration-denies-long-queues-at-arrival-hall-74820.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-02-13
  • Haha 1

Those ***** farangs and their hallucinations.

Spoiling mood in the land of smiles. :whistling:

And we will get this lier, traitor:

However, an official at the Health Control Division at Phuket airport who asked not to be identified confirmed to The Phuket News today that long queues do arise when several full flights land in quick succession.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I know of some tourist were it took 2 hours to clear immigration, they landed about midnight

Me too.

But we're wrong. The Immigration Office has told us so.

I reckon they've reduced the number of IOs on duty as a result of fewer Chinese arrivals and they've miscalculated.

Should be OK next week, when hospitality providers in my vicinity seems to think that high season numbers are coming to an end - a month earlier than usual!