Coconut milk exports off, blame the monkeys

snoop1130

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Industry representatives tried to explain to their trade partners in the West that sending monkeys up the tree to get the nuts is a tradition in the Thai South and part of the culture.

Just like burning everything in sight, doing 80km in the passing lane, trash on the side of the road, smoke, noise and to carry a samurai sword in the back seat. 

• Like 2

Just now, mickey rat said:

Just like burning everything in sight, doing 80km in the passing lane, trash on the side of the road, smoke, noise and to carry a samurai sword in the back seat. 

but the monkeys didn't any do those...    sc ape goat

9 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

There's going to be a lot of fat monkeys laying about down South

with nothing to do,they must have a special dept. in the EU,just

thinking up stupid ideas,and they think of a lot.

regards worgeordie

Perhaps put them all on the EU monkey mountain, next to the butter mountain.

• Haha 1

Why not have the monkies sign an afadavit attesting that they are not under duress and have chosen the nut gathering as a vocation?  

It is the leash that frightens the westerners.. It is a western perception,  and perception is reality.

Get rid of the leash and it will pass muster.

Edited by samuttodd

It's nothing to do with the EU it's the importers and distributors if it's happening at all.

The animal rights activists may be agitating to stop the use of monkeys but again it's not the EU.

I guess we will see "no monkeys were used in the harvesting of these coconuts" on my can of biological free trade coconut milk soon.

The nuts in this thread are those who believe it's the EU.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

https://www.cbi.eu/market-information/processed-fruit-vegetables-edible-nuts/desiccated-coconuts/europe/

Well, as the EU is the biggest coconut importer in the world, i guess Thailand has to suck it up. 

Now nearly all Coconuts come from the philiphines, good job PH. Nearly nothing gets imported from TH.

I see a lot of coconut milk from Thailand in my supermarket but I will look when I next shop as I am now curious to see where it comes from.

5 hours ago, adammike said:

I see a lot of coconut milk from Thailand in my supermarket but I will look when I next shop as I am now curious to see where it comes from.

Could very well be that different products are from different exporting markets. 
Stuff like coconut milk and water might be from Thailand instead of PH. 

But anyway, there are a lot of anti animal cruelty laws etc in the EU and US now and exporting countries have to either accept that or sell somewhere else... 

3 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

But anyway, there are a lot of anti animal cruelty laws etc in the EU and US

Pigs in a slaughter house or monkeys up a tree? 

Ask the pigs? They would opt for coconut work if they could. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/14/2020 at 7:36 AM, rocket3rider said:

Do these idiots know that the growers have to send their monkeys to "monkey school" to learn how to do it?

Actually years ago it was the monkeys sending their humans to collect the coconuts. In the end if you want to do a job well you have to do it yourself.