Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

Planning a 3-4 day trip to Nan mid march, will the weather still be ok then or starting to warm up?

 

Advised or not? 

 

Just looking for somewhere to chill out for a few days with nice scenery.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While it is still cool in the early morning, afternoon temperatures are already in the 30s so expect mid march to be warmer than that.  As for nice scenery, expect the smoke to get worse over the next month or two, until we get some significant rain.  You could still have a nice trip, depending on your expectations and what you plan on doing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, villagefarang said:

While it is still cool in the early morning, afternoon temperatures are already in the 30s so expect mid march to be warmer than that.  As for nice scenery, expect the smoke to get worse over the next month or two, until we get some significant rain.  You could still have a nice trip, depending on your expectations and what you plan on doing.

Thanks for that.

 

Any hotels to recommend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Thanks for that.

 

Any hotels to recommend?

Sorry, we stayed with friends the last time we were there.  Also spent a night in a tent up on a mountain top but can't recall the name of the place.

 

433572546_Nan2019-7.jpg.9249a6fcb862e24a82edb66fe62561b6.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

The whole world is unhealthy, this does not concern me.

 

Thanks for the doom though.

" ... Just looking for somewhere to chill out for a few days with nice scenery ..."

 

people visiting nan because of the good and fresh air, and also enjoing the beautyful scenery. 

mid of march you likely will not find anything of that.

 

anyway, i wish you a very relaxing and smoky time in the north ...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try Nan Noble House Garden Resort---see Tripadvisor

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, motdaeng said:

" ... Just looking for somewhere to chill out for a few days with nice scenery ..."

 

people visiting nan because of the good and fresh air, and also enjoing the beautyful scenery. 

mid of march you likely will not find anything of that.

 

anyway, i wish you a very relaxing and smoky time in the north ...

 

 

Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you with a personal vehicle?
If so, you could go to Bo Kleua, the salt village;
You will have magnificent mountain landscapes which are likely to be somewhat smoky;
and take a vehicle with some power because the percentages of the roads are sometimes surprising, even if the figure 8% is visible almost everywhere, it is rare that it is only 8%; I know that in quite a few places, it's rather 18% and sometimes even more.

 

1822417347_DSCN2395_Nan_province_1081(Copy).thumb.JPG.c8b17967f772104772df2972523127f2.JPG

 

1548969469_DSCN2382_Nan_Bo_Kleua(Copy).thumb.JPG.9a91acb7331daed3f2b4f09b297d4cd7.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 9:26 AM, Assurancetourix said:

Are you with a personal vehicle?
If so, you could go to Bo Kleua, the salt village;
You will have magnificent mountain landscapes which are likely to be somewhat smoky;
and take a vehicle with some power because the percentages of the roads are sometimes surprising, even if the figure 8% is visible almost everywhere, it is rare that it is only 8%; I know that in quite a few places, it's rather 18% and sometimes even more.

 

1822417347_DSCN2395_Nan_province_1081(Copy).thumb.JPG.c8b17967f772104772df2972523127f2.JPG

 

1548969469_DSCN2382_Nan_Bo_Kleua(Copy).thumb.JPG.9a91acb7331daed3f2b4f09b297d4cd7.JPG

Yes, i will have a vehicle 

 

I've been meaning to go for a while but always seem to miss the best time of year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I've been meaning to go for a while but always seem to miss the best time of year.

I do not know it; ( the best time )

I think villagefarang would know better than me to answer you.
Let’s say that the end of the rainy season seems to me the best time,

so  in November

Edited by Assurancetourix
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 2:36 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

Any hotels to recommend?

It's always difficult to answer that kind of question;
we do not know what level of comfort you prefer;
if a basic comfort like hotel 24/24 is sufficient, you will find everywhere from a sum sometimes derisory 250 or 300 baht per night.
In fact not as derisory as that because it is still almost 10 euros; :w00t:
otherwise you can sleep in a Wat, a mat on the floor, and the shower with the bowl and cold water in the morning; all for zero baht ... :cheesy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mid March is in the hot season so definitely warm!  It is also the haze or smog season as no rains to clean out the atmosphere and little wind to push it out.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...