BANGKOK

5 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

It's always difficult to answer that kind of question;
we do not know what level of comfort you prefer;
if a basic comfort like hotel 24/24 is sufficient, you will find everywhere from a sum sometimes derisory 250 or 300 baht per night.
In fact not as derisory as that because it is still almost 10 euros; :w00t:
otherwise you can sleep in a Wat, a mat on the floor, and the shower with the bowl and cold water in the morning; all for zero baht ... :cheesy:

Hilarious.

5 hours ago, XJ650 said:

I have been up here in the North 18 years and for me the Rainy Season is the best time.  We have rain around 4 days a week but it is only for an hour and most of the time late afternoon, evening or nighttime. We can have rain for a whole day but it is normally not more than one day per month.  I played golf 3-4 days a week for 15 years and we had to stop for the rain one time during all these years.  The views are the best during the Rainy Season, everything has nice colors and you can see miles when up in the mountains. Have a nice trip! 

Thanks for the info, what month(s) would you recommend?

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Thanks for the info, what month(s) would you recommend?

For me July to middle of November.  More fresh nature July to September but a cooler from middle of September. Smoke starts nowadays already in middle-end of October (if good views are important).  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XJ650 said:

For me July to middle of November.  More fresh nature July to September but a cooler from middle of September. Smoke starts nowadays already in middle-end of October (if good views are important).  

Thanks once again.

Pua Tranquil Vista Homestay seems to be currently the highest rated in Nan area.

• Like 1