Trump sees 'good chance' for accord with Taliban by end of month

webfact

3 hours ago, blazes said:

The absence of evidence in this case would in fact prove the contention that he has not sent American soldiers to their death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if it's confusing.

It’s more than confusing, it’s naive.

It’s a line of argument that assumes the only way a US President can get American service personnel killed is by sending them to their death.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, blazes said:

So you would rather American soldiers stayed there indefinitely, assuring many thousands more American troop deaths????????????????????????????????

THAT! is not at all what he was implying.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, blazes said:

There's none so blind as those who cannot see.

What's he done?  Just saved committing a few more Americans to death.

And how many Kurds do you suppose died?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

To be followed shortly after with the taliban taking full control of the country. 

Let us hope that all those, and every member of their families, who worked with the western powers over the last 18 years will be granted immediate and unconditional asylum in those countries long before any such withdrawal, as their lives will be in danger once this happens. 

Oh they will be classified as "collaterol" damage.

Besides they will not get admission as thye are security risks, just ask mediator Trump

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

The Kurds are disposable, "colateral" damage, in fact I doubt DJT has even heard of them

I'm sure that is exactly how he see's it, if he even gives one iota :sad:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You do realize topics open for discussion are, how can I put this?

’Open for discussion’.

Is that you Tug? My thing wasn't about discussion.

Edited by hugocnx

7 hours ago, blazes said:

There's none so blind as those who cannot see.

What's he done?  Just saved committing a few more Americans to death.

And by doing so he has condemned thousands of Afghans to death, just as he did in Syria.

3 hours ago, tifino said:

Deleted post

• Like 2

7 hours ago, blazes said:

It's good to see you here acknowledging the obscenity of US policy in Afghanistan over the last 20 years.

Why then would you let your irrational hatred of Trump obscure the fact that he is the only American president in the last 40 or more years who has genuinely committed himself to stopping all the bloodshed.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think we have to go back to Carter to find a president who has not been the tool of the military/industrial complex....

Oh I don’t know let’s seeee who attacked the World Trade Center?hummmm oh yea that was the the folks running Afghanistan osama and his boys you can’t turn the other cheek on something that serious it would be obscene to ignore so serious of an affront to put it in perspective let’s go back to Pearl Harbor were the Japanese attacked a MILITARY target killing 2800 mostly service men.the people running Afghanistan killed 3000 civilians who had nothing to do with any perceived wrongs committed against themto say our reaction was obscene is pure bs now Iraq on the other hand I would agree with you 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sanemax said:

the Afghans shouldn't have gone to Syria in the first place 

Perhaps you could understand that the Afghans were never in Syria in the first place.

What is the common link between Syria and Afghanistan?

Trump withdrawal of US troops from each country.

I agree that they should never have been in either country in the first place but they were sent there by the US government in the first place.

Do you believe that the Taliban will adhere to the so called peace treaty?

37 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Perhaps you could understand that the Afghans were never in Syria in the first place.

What is the common link between Syria and Afghanistan?

Trump withdrawal of US troops from each country.

I agree that they should never have been in either country in the first place but they were sent there by the US government in the first place.

Do you believe that the Taliban will adhere to the so called peace treaty?

Not a chance. Trump being played again. Word travels fast.

Btw, since when has trump adhered to any agreement. Probably more chance the US will break it first.

• Like 2