BANGKOK
Nyezhov

Will I ever need an SETV? Real Opinions wanted

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, this is totally left field. Just have a laugh if nothing else. If you qualify for non o based on retirement you could do annual extensions. 

I obtain 4 X 3month multi to Vietnam every year.

Yes I realize you moving to Cambodia.

Anyway that costs me ~$280usd for the Vietnam visas (online) and of course the non O extensions + multi reentry for Thailand. Obviously I can come and go as often as wanted. I live bkk. I could just as easily live Vietnam and enter Los as often and as long as suits.

sorry dude that makes no sense. What are you trying to say?

1 hour ago, lazygourmet said:

If you are over 50 just use an agent to secure a retirement annual extension + a multiple re-entry permit.

This is what all of my friends who are living either in Cambodia or Laos are doing nowadays to be able to visit Thailand as much as they want.

why would i pay for an extension just to visit?

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

why would i pay for an extension just to visit?

As an example : friends who are living in Vientiane were not able anymore to do border runs on a weekly basis to spend the weekend in Udon Thani.

10 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

rent my place out for $125 a night

That's nearly 4k baht! 

Must be a mansion as that is high end 4 star to 5 star hotel price 

1 hour ago, lazygourmet said:

As an example : friends who are living in Vientiane were not able anymore to do border runs on a weekly basis to spend the weekend in Udon Thani.

why cant they?

44 minutes ago, madmen said:

That's nearly 4k baht! 

Must be a mansion as that is high end 4 star to 5 star hotel price 

Low end Accomodation is cheap here, but nice places arent. Especially walking distance of Pub Street, but in a low traffic area. 

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

why cant they?

Because of the 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year limit at land border crossings.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Because of the 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year limit at land border crossings.

well Im generally going to fly in, except maybe Ill run through Koh Rong once. I thought there was some other reason.

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

well Im generally going to fly in, except maybe Ill run through Koh Rong once. I thought there was some other reason.

Fly in from SR most likely to Don Mueang.

You have had some advice from few folk and fobbed it all off.

You had already decided to have your trips to Los using visa exempt.

Why start a thread. 

Waste of time.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Why start a thread. 

Waste of time.

Not to you, you responded.

14 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Obviously and always. Is there a rule that says only five entries? 

I had 7 and 8 2 years running 2016 & ‘17 followed by 5 or 6 in ‘18 From memory. Consisting of VE, SETV, METV and ED. All by air at Suvarnabhum 

Edited by MadMuhammad

39 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Not to you, you responded.

The good doctor is generous with his time. If only he actually read whatever he's replying to.

That said, I guess nobody can tell you if you will run into problems or not. At Bangkok's airports, what you are trying to do is essentially a crapshoot. You won't spend "too much" time in Thailand, but enter quite frequently. Sooner or later you might run into an overzealous IO who objects to that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Ja, as soon as I get more fully set up here Ill start getting some photos. I have the camera wrapped in a Krama ready to go. Its not like BKK where you have a god in every golden oyster, its a bit more sleepy here, and lots of ruins to attack. I might buy a 4x4, they drive on the correct side of the road here. I just move slow, its the Happy Pizza.

I think that at most I would do 30 days in like late September/October then again in November December. Basically like 1/3 of the time I did before. or if its raining bad here, and not there, bingo, just fly, $60, leave my house at 13:00, be flagging a cab at DMK 4 hours later. I could actually make a killing on this place in high season cover the rent here and in Bangkok, plus. 500 meters from Pub Street, yet quiet. Pool and bedroom balcony view attached.

And honesty dude, I cant say I much argue with the fact that us old guys really dont have any problems no matter what. 

wx_camera_1579689940714.jpg

IMG_20200214_101715.jpg

Thanks for the photos.  I enjoyed Pub Street when I visited.  When Thai (Gr) Imm finally grind me down, it's somewhere I would consider.  As a matter of interest what is your rent?  Is it a house?

As a wordsmith myself, I enjoyed your use of Language.

30 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Thanks for the photos.  I enjoyed Pub Street when I visited.  When Thai (Gr) Imm finally grind me down, it's somewhere I would consider.  As a matter of interest what is your rent?  Is it a house?

As a wordsmith myself, I enjoyed your use of Language.

I chose basically a "serviced apartment". The maid service and linen changes are fabulous additions to my life. Its less than 15,000 baht for about 125sqm.

Pub Street is actually cool if you are a people watcher like me. Its packed with tourists so there is something always interesting going on. Food is  good but tourist priced ie a plate of LokLak is $4.50 instead of $2 down the street away from the action. Like Thailand, just 50 cents cheaper 🙂