BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya: New motorway set to open! Free in May - 130 baht from Bangkok to U-Tapao in August

Pattaya: New motorway set to open! Free in May - 130 baht from Bangkok to U-Tapao in August

4pm1.jpg

Picture: We Love Pattaya

The new section of motorway from Pattaya to Maptaphut is very nearly ready for service.

We Love Pattaya said on Facebook that the highways department have been speeding up and are bang on schedule.

Trial runs for free can be made in May when the new section will be open to the public.

4pm2.jpg

Picture: We Love Pattaya

In August the full toll from Bangkok to U-Tapao, where there is an airport, will be 130 baht.

The media said that the new road is part of the economic and tourism development of the Eastern Economic Corridor that includes Pattaya and the eastern seaboard.

Connections from the airport to an industrial estate will be following in the future as the EEC plans take shape.

Source: We Love Pattaya

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-14

3 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Hopefully it will reduce the number of police victims on Sukhumvit.

Police vistims becuase many tourists want to drive motor cycle without a license. Yes, yes, yes many Thais also don't have licenses. But it is their country and they should get some concessions. Why farangs will enjoy they same concessions?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Maybe I am missing something.  If a person is in BKK with 2 much larger airports and flight options, why drive 90 minutes+ to UTP for a flight?

Not being denied entry?

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Hopefully it will reduce the number of police victims on Sukhumvit.

They  often set up a stop heading south very near to those red and white barriers seen in the photo above in the mornings

then in the evening going north at the police box just before the Ambassador hotel...they seem to like "white faces"  but will stop  Thais not wearing a helmet too.

Looks like someone has been doing  circular burnouts  on that bit of road,Sukhumvit often sounds like a race track.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I guess if one is driving to Rayong or Sattahip, this will save some time.

But, I do not get the excitement of their comments of taking it from BKK to UTP.

Maybe I am missing something.  If a person is in BKK with 2 much larger airports and flight options, why drive 90 minutes+ to UTP for a flight?

Maybe they are going the other way, desperately needing to get away from the eastern seaboard?

Rooster

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I guess if one is driving to Rayong or Sattahip, this will save some time.

But, I do not get the excitement of their comments of taking it from BKK to UTP.

flight times from U T P might suit anyone driving down to U T P !!!