Pattaya: New motorway set to open! Free in May - 130 baht from Bangkok to U-Tapao in August

webfact

32 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Hopefully it eases the congestion on Sukhumvit road with al the people that head to Sattahip.

if you are travelling to sattahip on the sukhumvit from pattaya, the new 7 road will add kilos and time to the journey

1 minute ago, steve187 said:

if you are travelling to sattahip on the sukhumvit from pattaya, the new 7 road will add kilos and time to the journey

why?? when on new road there will be NO traffic lights, and there are more lanes, allowing one to overtake. UNLIKE SUKHUMVIT !!!

4 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

why?? when on new road there will be NO traffic lights, and there are more lanes, allowing one to overtake. UNLIKE SUKHUMVIT !!!

Well you won't be on it will you if you are travelling on Sukhumvit!

11 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

If you are going from Pattaya to Sattahip there is no way you wouldn't use Sukumvit the new road goes no where near it, however for U-Tapao, Ban Chang or Rayong the new road will be a great advantage in time savings. 

31 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

17km tesco sattahip to the end of the new 7 road at ban chang with lots of traffic and traffic lights 18 minutes

i would guess 40+ km on the new 7 road 25 minutes @100kmh 

so a total of approx 43 minutes

28km from tesco sattahip to tesco pattaya with traffic and traffic lights but only as far as ambassador as it thins down there. 34 minutes

so maybe 10 minutes and 30km longer

39 minutes ago, steve187 said:

If you are travelling to Sattahip from Bangkok, using Sukhumvit road will add kilos and time to the journey.

Edited by Don Mega

8 minutes ago, steve187 said:

i can not be bothered

Do you seriously think Suk road will be quicker for those travelling from Bangkok ?

FWIW your the one who took my earlier post out of context...I made that post based on the fact I live in Pattaya and once this new road opens hopefully those travelling to Sattahip from BKK will use the new road and the congestion (for locals) on Suk road will reduce, especially on the weekends.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Don Mega said:

If you are travelling to Sattahip from Bangkok, using Sukhumvit road will add kilos and time to the journey.

All the road construction surrounding Ban Chang is tiresome. Having the 7 from Ban Chang to Pattaya will be nice when completed. 

On 2/15/2020 at 9:15 PM, Susco said:

Yes your right, I often use the highways in Thailand, and very rarely see any Thais using them. ( sarcasm )

By the way his savings are much higher,  because 130 Baht is the price for the whole trajectory, and before the highway opens he has to pay from road #36 to Bangkok anyway.

Not sure how much that is but I think easily half of that 130 Baht

No. It's 100 Baht. So only an extra 30 Baht.