I now have coronavirus

liddelljohn

Actually I suspect another bug is going around Bangkok, I have had a mild headache and fatigue since early this week. no coughing though. wednesday I came home and passed out for hours.

no fever that i know of but some pretty insane dreams.

feel much better today, though low grade headache lingers.

Add that to pollution through the roof and chances of COPD and sinusitis are also very high.

im a total hypochondriac when i comes to reading about symptoms on the internet, but chances are so low, im not actually concerned and i have had very similar sinus issues before.

Edited by metempsychotic
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Actually I suspect another bug is going around Bangkok, I have had a mild headache and fatigue since early this week. no coughing though. wednesday I came home and passed out for hours.

no fever that i know of but some pretty insane dreams.

feel much better today, though low grade headache lingers.

I'm actually having the same thing over the past 3-4 days. Very mild headache and fatigue, either mild or no fever, and insane dreams, lol. I do have a runny nose and a bit of a sore throat though, but all mild and a bit better today than yesterday. Of course it's getting me paranoid but it's probably just a common cold.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I'm actually having the same thing over the past 3-4 days. Very mild headache and fatigue, either mild or no fever, and insane dreams, lol. I do have a runny nose and a bit of a sore throat though, but all mild and a bit better today than yesterday. Of course it's getting me paranoid but it's probably just a common cold.

i spend alot of time wake boarding which can involve some spectacular crashes and water filled sinuses which sometime results in low grade but lingering sinus infections, this feels much like that.

the timing is poor though haha.

see you in quarantine

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Well it is flu season.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Strange you should say this as about 2 months ago i had a cold,headache and fatigue as well mad dreams ,i woke up and was convinced i had gone back in time(i kid you not) it lasted two to three days then i was fine ,i also go to Queen Sirakit ,but was there in november for my eye tests . doubt it was Corona Virus as nobody had heard of it then .

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

I would take that diagnosis with a 'pinch of salt'. If you had contracted the new variant corona virus you would be in enforced isolation right now. You wouldn't be allowed to walk out of the building until you were clear of the virus.

You're not in isolation = you don't have this new virus.

Actually now that I think of it, there are two sets of tests available - one is newer and will be more specific about whether you have COVID-19 and the other picks up some other possible viruses... (based on the backlog - I am guessing that if the person was tested it would be the more generic test).  As such the test could (I am guessing) pick up other corona viruses as part of it (20% of colds are of that group of viruses) to which they would then have to do a second test (which I am guessing is still massively backlogged based on the PUI numbers) to narrow it to the new virus.  As such he could be sent back home (as mandatory quarantine all the PUI probably is not being done).  In other words, he could be one of the hundreds that is listed as PUI.  Just a thought.

7 hours ago, ukrules said:

I would take that diagnosis with a 'pinch of salt'. If you had contracted the new variant corona virus you would be in enforced isolation right now. You wouldn't be allowed to walk out of the building until you were clear of the virus.

You're not in isolation = you don't have this new virus.

not true at all the govt here has no strategy and has released sick patients claiming a cure.  time to wake up people.

Edited by tlandtday
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

they told me to self isolate at home ,, unless my symptoms get worse

if what u say is true, than this is the way thailand is using to hide the newly

infected cases. that's propably what china tried to do until it 

was too late. 

now if you were in china, you would have been put to quaranitine hall, weather

you like it or not.

God help us all.

God help thailand, 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

if what u say is true, than this is the way thailand is using to hide the newly

infected cases. that's propably what china tried to do until it 

was too late. 

now if you were in china, you would have been put to quaranitine hall, weather

you like it or not.

God help us all.

God help thailand, 

No, I think that he has flu symptoms (similar symptoms) and has not tested confirmed positive so self isolation would be the approach they would likely take.  If you don't self-isolate - you would be in mandatory medical detention then.  They are unlikely going to auto-quarantine everyone with symptoms until they have some confirmation.  The majority would turn out to be normal flu.  The confirmation may be to test positive for COVID-19, or it could be symptoms of a flu and a negative test on the current flu viruses known to be in the wild.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

5 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

From the reports I've seen a runny nose is not one of the symptoms of Covid-2019.  Fever, cough, difficulty breathing, but no snotty nose.

So you have 'manflu' not 'batmanflu'. ????

Difficulty breathing is a later symptom (i.e. after the fever breaks) and if I remember right is the same with SARS in that it is basically your immune system overactive and in the process suffocating you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Strange you should say this as about 2 months ago i had a cold,headache and fatigue as well mad dreams ,i woke up and was convinced i had gone back in time(i kid you not) it lasted two to three days then i was fine ,i also go to Queen Sirakit ,but was there in november for my eye tests . doubt it was Corona Virus as nobody had heard of it then .

Wasn't that eye test before your trip to Wuhan?

• Haha 1