I now have coronavirus

liddelljohn

Have to start by saying I'm not agreeing with or denying anyone's claims, facts and figures quoted on the virus. This is just a question.

If initial tests on those in Wuhan showed Corrona virus, and it would appear there is not just one type, then sticking all those people together, let's say some had flu and some had Covid19, in close proximity to each other ( see cruise ship ) may not have been the best idea.

Repeat, I am not claiming this as a fact, just asking a question.

Edited by overherebc
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, offset said:

Interesting maybe that is why the numbers they quote (33) are so low they only count those people that are in hospital

Why would they need to exaggerate the problem and create general panic?

I was at Chonburi Immigration office on Tuesday. It was mayhem with queues stretching nearly back to the carpark entrance. Thousands of people were going in and out and the only masks to be seen were worn by staff and less than 5% of visitors. No one is panicking at this stage.

Apart from this, the coronavirus is a large family of viruses. Whether the OP has the newly named COVID-19 virus is the question. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, tropo said:

Why would they need to exaggerate the problem and create general panic?

I was at Chonburi Immigration office on Tuesday. It was mayhem with queues stretching nearly back to the carpark entrance. Thousands of people were going in and out and the only masks to be seen were worn by staff and less than 5% of visitors. No one is panicking at this stage.

Apart from this, the coronavirus is a large family of viruses. Whether the OP has the newly named COVID-19 virus is the question. 

Flu virus and covid 19.

Same same but different.

f0070229-coronavirus_artwork-spl.jpg

image-20160513-10679-13bnb0c.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2020 at 4:27 PM, PingRoundTheWorld said:

I'm actually having the same thing over the past 3-4 days. Very mild headache and fatigue, either mild or no fever, and insane dreams, lol. I do have a runny nose and a bit of a sore throat though, but all mild and a bit better today than yesterday. Of course it's getting me paranoid but it's probably just a common cold.

Me too. This is my 2nd cold since January 19th-20th. 

20 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

If you recover your body could hold the cure.

Take care of yourself for all of us.

A Taiwan newspaper wrote an article about this. Apparently, a doctor in Wuhan got a hold of a relative in the UK and told that person the 2nd time around is far worse and deadlier. People who get infected again start having heart problems, whether its the drugs the used to combat the virus the first round or just a weak heart in general due to poor health. But the doctor reported people are having a far more difficult time recovering for the 2nd time and some were reported of dying from heart failure... 

8 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Both myself and the missus had this last week, temperature, cough, sore throat, feeling weak, didn't bother going to the doctors, cleared up by itself. Since we are in a village in Isan with little to no outside visitors coronavirus was never a consideration. 1

And going to the village hospital not the place you want to go when sick!? There is no way they could pull me in to that hospital still alive, 

12 minutes ago, ThaiBrian said:

A Taiwan newspaper wrote an article about this. Apparently, a doctor in Wuhan got a hold of a relative in the UK and told that person the 2nd time around is far worse and deadlier. People who get infected again start having heart problems, whether its the drugs the used to combat the virus the first round or just a weak heart in general due to poor health. But the doctor reported people are having a far more difficult time recovering for the 2nd time and some were reported of dying from heart failure... 

So this is the only virus in the history of man where the patient doesn't build up immunity to it, is that what you're saying? My goodness me, that must mean a vaccine is impossible to manufacture in that scenario!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThaiBrian said:

sounds more like dengue, mixed up stories perhaps

48 minutes ago, saengd said:

So this is the only virus in the history of man where the patient doesn't build up immunity to it, is that what you're saying? My goodness me, that must mean a vaccine is impossible to manufacture in that scenario!

It's thought that immunity to influenza type diseases doesn't last that long but we're still talking in years here, just not that many years. This is why they recommend regular flu jabs, that and the different variants they guess at each year.

Recently ( a few years ago) the 'flu jab' remained unchanged for a couple of years but they still issued it to people who had the identical jab the previous year.

My wife and I had Influenza-A last year and they did a screening. On hearing type-A I asked which one, they said screening only determined the viral group. flu type-A,B, cold groups, etc. Cold groups include coronavirus and rhinovirus.

So I think they detected the OPs ordinary coronavirus, not nCoN2019.

Also from the Thai Coronavirus Situation report, Jan 18, they report 'other' diagnoses including 1 coronavirus:

"The etiologic agents for other cases were identified as Influenza A virus (6 cases), Influenza B virus (4 case), Influenza C virus (1 case), Adenovirus (1 case), Coronavirus OC43 (1 case) and Streptococcus pneumoniae (1 case). "

So, your safe for a while.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saengd said:

There is more than one without counting HIV: https://www.passporthealthusa.com/2017/11/what-viruses-get-worse-during-a-second-infection/

With that said I read the article from Taiwan and dismissed it since it was from an anonymous doctor and Taiwan seems to be doing their propaganda thing against China since the beginning of this crisis. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

that is why i am partying like it is 1999.

It has just been announced that you can catch the dastardly virus more

than once.

If the fatality rate is 3% and it can get around the world in 12 months,,,, we are all doomed it seems.

Partying might be a good approach to the end of civilization as we know it. Moving to Nth Korea might not seem so bad. Some nice bits of stuff there.