Gunman opens fire in central Bangkok

webfact

Just now, PatOngo said:

Oh, but it's so so easy! They set themselves up everyday!

On a serious note, I was NOT Thai bashing. I was merely pointing out how dangerous the streets are becoming (an added danger on top of the road incidents). I used to avoid the Philippines for this very reason as I had always viewed Thailand to be 'safe' for civilians. It adds to the mounting issues already making me seriously consider giving Thailand a miss altogether this year.

1 hour ago, mrwinner said:

Are you serious? How am I bashing Thailand? Now two gunmen shooting indiscriminately at locals in the past week. This country has never had to deal with this sort of Western influenced behaviour before now. 

Its not a new thing at all, folks get shot regular here have and always will be as such, its just grabbing headlines and do note he was making a lot of noise for the adrenalin rush and then did a runner but doesnt state any one was hit ?  says it all.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, mrwinner said:

On a serious note, I was NOT Thai bashing. I was merely pointing out how dangerous the streets are becoming (an added danger on top of the road incidents). I used to avoid the Philippines for this very reason as I had always viewed Thailand to be 'safe' for civilians. It adds to the mounting issues already making me seriously consider giving Thailand a miss altogether this year.

Hey, feel free. I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to come back.

Man arrested after firing gunshots at sport apparel store

By THE NATION

800_80572160eca6dfe.jpg?v=1581654370

A man who fired gunshots at a sport apparel store in Pathumwan was arrested by police at 10am on Friday (February 14).

There were no reports of deaths or injuries.

At 8.30am on Friday (February 14), police from Pathumwan Police Station deployed blockades around a commercial building in Soi Chula 10, Banthat Thong Road in Wangmai subdistrict of Pathumwan district after over 20 gunshots were heard early in the morning.

gbdcfkbg5d567a5a6eaba.jpg

According to police, the sound of gunshots originated from a sport apparel shop on the building’s ground floor. They found a man aged around 40 who admitted that he had fired a gun at around 4am while aiming outside the store.

Police speculated that the suspect fired the gun because he was under stress due to family problems.

640_fc9ggbaj8dahik8b986dh.jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382124

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-14
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, cmsally said:

Been saying it for a long time, but with the state of the economy and the breakdown of many elements of society, this is going to be happening more often. More people are just going to snap.

And with the recent high profile tragic shooting incident in Korat, some unhinged individuals will look to gain the same fame and notoriety by performing the exact same kind of insane deed.

This was inevitable after the Korat incident, and for sure there will be more similar incidents in the near future.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

Before everyone starts jumping to conclusions, I know it is TVF and how they love to do that here... most news are saying it was a family dispute, not a copycat mass shooting. 

I have had more than few family disputes but seriously  you know i have never had the urge to shoot strangers in the street

The wife and kids, yes! but thats different matter

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

quote "Posted 1 hour ago

What is happening to this country!??"

What Thai bashing would that be?

He was simply asking a question.

Unfortunately simple questions get misconstrued as anti-Thai which I most certainly am not. I was merely alluding to the fact that there has been a clear pattern these recent weeks and months of gun violence with innocent civilians being targeted. 

31 minutes ago, MaxLee said:

This will not be the last one of them. I guess several EXTREMISTS are getting inspired these days....

Extremists? Surely that is a little extreme here?

There has no suggestion that any of the recent shooters were part of any fundamentalist groups or parties.

Random shooters may be displaying extreme behaviours, but does that make them extremists?

Some troll posts and replies have been removed. 

A post with an off topic video has been removed. 

A post containing unattributed content has been removed as a screenshot is not a valid link to the source of information.  Please post a link to the source of information when posting.

1 hour ago, Tomy yupyup said:

Long may it continue 

With a comment like that, most readers would naturally assume you are in need of psychiatric treatment. In Korat 29 people died and many were seriously injured, with families torn apart and you wish to see more of the same.     ??                  :ermm:

• Thanks 2

The suspect is said to be a 40 year old man. Police said he may have been experiencing family problems.

Members of the public are urged to avoid the area.

Let's see. 40 years old and family problems? 

Wait, where's the noise coming from? A stray bulle......aeeh arrgghjh

2 hours ago, mrwinner said:

Are you serious? How am I bashing Thailand? Now two gunmen shooting indiscriminately at locals in the past week. This country has never had to deal with this sort of Western influenced behaviour before now. 

Western influenced? Let's cut to the chase, you mean influenced by the Yanks. You always hear in the news of the American mass shootings nearly every month. 

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mrwinner said:

Western influenced behaviour?
Really?

The guy has a family problem and decides to start shooting because he knows that's what westerners would do? LOL!