Bars open to 4am and free visas for Chinese and Indians proposed to save Thai tourism

webfact

4 hours ago, Parsve said:

Just one more thing. At least Pattaya have tried to sell in the town as the perfect family friendly resort. May I ask in what country it is regarding as normal for a family to be out on a bar to four a clock in the morning?

If I was taking my kids out, I would like to see family beaches with all the sex workers and rip-off merchants kept well away. I don't expect disneyland, but just some basics of safety and hygiene and cheap fun things for kids to eat and do all day long is all, it's easy money, if it's cheap will buy lots of times.

12 hours ago, JAG said:

From my painstaking and thorough investigation (purely in the spirit of understanding the nature of the business you understand) the Chinese hardly drink to any extent,

Seriously?  They can give the Russkies a run for their money with their MaoTai.

free visa chinese and indians, thats mean goverment want income lot lot criminals and problems, chinese not can do more than lot problems, no good busines and not use lot money. same indians no money but looking how can work and make money thailand and go back india.

western tourist use lot lot more money than chinese and indians all year western use one month. westerns have important if want tourism make money to thailand country, chinese and indian not use lto money. must be wery stupid if not understand thats and make western tourim FREE and african,chinese,indian,east europe poor peoples out of thailand no need cheap charlies to tourism .

So, Thailand is still welcoming Chinese? Even flights from cities within hours drive of Wuhan? But the health minister refuses a cruise ship full of white farangs and goes off on white farangs on national television for not wearing or accepting masks? What the...

Nothing good ever happens after 10pm in a bar.  If you can't get enough to drink by 10pm, you got a serious hard drug problem. 

Yes, alcohol is a hard drug. 

Alcohol is a gateway drug that leads to methamphetamines, cocaine and esctacy usage--so you can stay up and continue drinking.  ????????????????????????????????????????????☺️????????

Believe me, I know.  Been there done that.  But I'm smart, only did it a couple times.

Furthermore, even one drink per day ages and shrinks your brain and increases risk of Alzheimer's. Cannabis decreases risk of Alzheimer's.

Cannabis you can quit anytime you want.  No AA meetings required.  I have smoked cannabis since I was in college.  I quit Everytime I come to Thailand for months at a time.  No big deal.  Easy, peasy.

Facts. ✓

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Nothing good ever happens after 10pm in a bar.  If you can't get enough to drink by 10pm, you got a serious hard drug problem.  Yes, alcohol is a hard drug.

Even one drink per day ages and shrinks your brain and increases risk of Alzheimer's. Cannabis decreases risk of Alzheimer's. Facts. ✓

I totally disagree, when I was younger plenty of good happened after 10 pm.  PLENTY!!! 

and with a Brain as big as mine a bit of shrinkage is no concern, I never used it after 10 pm anyway,

I was more concerned with shrinkage  elsewhere. :tongue:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

You speak for yourself all the best things happen after 10pm

I've been to after-hours bars where they can't sell alcohol but they sell little bottles of water for $10 because they know everyone is X'ing and that stuff makes you dehydrated because you can't stop dancing to bad club music, LOL.

Yeah, good for profits for clubs and hookers. ????

• Like 1

Thai wine is unfit for human consumption. Yet, to protect the Thai vintners, the government slaps a huge duty on imported wines.  That said, you can get a better deal on wines from countries with bilateral trade agreements—such as Australia and Chile.

8 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Thai wine is unfit for human consumption. Yet, to protect the Thai vintners, the government slaps a huge duty on imported wines.  That said, you can get a better deal on wines from countries with bilateral trade agreements—such as Australia and Chile.

Couple of glasses of Red Wine everyday not that Thai <deleted>

21 hours ago, ChipButty said:

It's only the farang tourist who want to carry on drinking till late, Hey Somchai they are long gone never to return I think,

How about dropping the stupid laws where you cannot buy until 11am - 2pm then 5pm 

I'd of used the word 'mostly' instead of 'only'.  I've seen (heard many more) Thai bars stay open and loud until 7AM, they didn't seem to start up until 2ish though.  I'd imagine some Thai Karaoke also stay open to way past 4AM; again few farang customers there.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, finnishmen said:

free visa chinese and indians, thats mean goverment want income lot lot criminals and problems, chinese not can do more than lot problems, no good busines and not use lot money. same indians no money but looking how can work and make money thailand and go back india.

Don't know about Chinese. Most indians visit Thailand to spend their money. Go to phuket and u will see. A small fraction visits to work illegally as a customer calling agent outside indian nightclubs or money lenders.

2 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

I'd of used the word 'mostly' instead of 'only'.  I've seen (heard many more) Thai bars stay open and loud until 7AM, they didn't seem to start up until 2ish though.  I'd imagine some Thai Karaoke also stay open to way past 4AM; again few farang customers there.

More low hanging fruit.

Foreign bar owners are far easier to strongarm and extort. Locals know people and could cause trouble.

Tourists are far better to inconvenience, again, they can't really complain but locals know people and could cause trouble.

Not to mention many of the places that stay open late are restaurants and are owned by the cops themselves.

33 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

Don't know about Chinese. Most indians visit Thailand to spend their money. Go to phuket and u will see. A small fraction visits to work illegally as a customer calling agent outside indian nightclubs or money lenders.

I would say from what I have seen in Pattaya there are a lot of Indians working illegally.

that should have happened years ago.let the bars decide close at 4 or later.close early if u wish.the visa why Chinese Indians  only.farangs  not on this list.like many know they don,t go to the bar  till late.also the bar ladies  I think prefer the others  as well.but they go with what is on offer

On 2/14/2020 at 11:13 AM, webfact said:

He admitted that 50% less tourists will come in the first six months of the year.

He probably uttered this as he was waking up from a deep sleep. I've got news for him - 50% is way too generous if the viral pandemic gets much worse.