BANGKOK
Husain Tula

Light sleeper

2 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

have you lived next to an airport runway? 

or just prone to exaggeration?

But yes, road noises can be annoying... if you are that sensitive then maybe consider moving out of town... those are typical in-town annoyances... 

I must admit that I have not lived next to airport and yes, there is exaggerations in my statement to express how loud. Anyway, thank you for the comments

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dont think there are any Environmental Laws in this country unlike the Uk, where one can complain to the local councils regarding loud noises !!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Perfectly natural normal everyday life in some areas.

If you dont like the noise, take steps to eliminate it from your dwelling.

You wont achieve anything outside thats for sure, its a way of life.

I totally agree and I do understand it is how the traffic flow in the city.  But those vehicles are not producing the normal sound as they should be, I think they have been modified to magnify the sound making them sound more like HOGs (Harley Davidson's Owners) on the move.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tinca tinca said:

dont think there are any Environmental Laws in this country unlike the Uk, where one can complain to the local councils regarding loud noises !!

True, I tried. I even had records of the noise level but came to dead end.  After all, we are quests here and cannot dictate or change the way of life that doesn't belong to us.

try to find a white noise machine, one with a wide selection of noise patterns.

"rain forest frogs" tends to be as annoying as "roosters in village."

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Husain Tula said:

True, I tried. I even had records of the noise level but came to dead end.  After all, we are quests here and cannot dictate or change the way of life that doesn't belong to us.

One the one hand, I sympathize with your predicament. However, I doubt very much that the environment in which you are presently living, has changed very much since you first found your accommodation. Did you do due diligence and check out the area first?

You basically have three choices.

1. Buy some noise cancelling ear protection.

2. Move to another quieter location in the neighborhood, away from shops and through streets.

3. Get right out of town.

My biggest problem where I live is the cacophony of the birds at sunrise, that's just fine by me. It wouldn't be with you.

Anyway, I hope you find relief from your suffering. You may think you are a guest, but some Thais are also bothered by noise.

• Like 1

take a quick down to/and/or over the Border...

and then decide what is worse? 

-the bikes

or

- awakened daily at 4am, by the  'praise the white barms' horns    

think of the blat blat blat rangadang pipe farts, as the little boy bike equivalent of what little lady does to her shoe soles:

- putting noisy heel caps under shoes, to give plenty of warning to others... to help prevent being bowled over 

• Confused 4

8 minutes ago, tifino said:

take a quick down to/and/or over the Border...

and then decide what is worse? 

-the bikes

or

- awakened daily at 4am, by the  'praise the white barms' horns    

think of the blat blat blat rangadang pipe farts, as the little boy bike equivalent of what little lady does to her shoe soles:

- putting noisy heel caps under shoes, to give plenty of warning to others... to help prevent being bowled over 

I guess we should be thankful for what we have. There is no such thing as living in a perfect world and no matter how bad things may seem, there are other places that are much worse.

• Like 2