BANGKOK
webfact

Video: Thailand tourism struggles due to coronavirus outbreak

23 hours ago, DrTuner said:

The lack of Chinese is really showing how the entire infra has been geared towards them in the last few years. I'm seeing hotel broschures, menus, tours etc only being offered in Chinese.

What brought it home to me was the Thai Post tracking page was updated to include Chinese language recently!

33 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Communicating in a very basic way with a small number of Thai people ... is not called communicating. And with the Chinese? How many speak English fluently, but you declare that only the farangs complain but not the Chinese, so how do you draw this conclusion? It is certainly not this very answer that explains anything credible. But the people who walk on a bad faith thread are numerous when they want to be right, this is not very important, so thank you that we let's go no further, have a good day.good day

Perhaps you know the wrong people (Thais and Chinese). I know many Thai friend they speak a good English (teacher, dentist, professor at the university, real estate agent, etc.). Also I met very good English speaking Chinese (director at Alibaba, hotel owner, guys with software companies, etc.) and some became my friends. But, that´s right, there are also many Thais and Chinese with a very low English knowledge. 
The Chinese say that Thailand became more expensive - but it´s by far cheaper than China. And China has, I have been there and traveled to many places and cities, European prices. For Chinese flights to Thailand are cheap and it´s not far. 

15 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

The Chinese say that Thailand became more expensive - but it´s by far cheaper than China. And China has, I have been there and traveled to many places and cities, European prices. For Chinese flights to Thailand are cheap and it´s not far.

Thailand is indeed far cheaper than China & that is the principle reason that so many Chinese come here, they would happily vacation at home, but it is far too expensive for them.

This current situation may mark a change in their travelling, most Chinese factories are still shut down as are many industries, when will they open up again? If the Chinese government decides that they would prefer that Chinese spend their money at home, that is what will happen. First they have to get back to work and start earning money again.