BANGKOK
rohitsuk

Lower back pain

17 hours ago, OneZero said:

I don't know what exercises you were referring to Eyecatcher, but the Mckenzie exercises work for me, as long as I am consistently doing them every day (if not I feel the stiffness coming on).

https://www.verywellhealth.com/mckenzie-exercises-for-your-low-back-2696222

I looked through these exercises and recognize quite a few of them. For me, the guru of back pain relief was Dr. Leon Root (now deceased)

I found his earlier book, 'Oh my Aching Back' when I was going through a period of severe back pain and sciatica. So much so that I was going to the bathroom on all fours!

Doctor Root was a great advocate of exercise as a relief for back pain and suggested a series of exercises, not dissimilar to those on the website above. I learned that routine so well that I can still remember it some 30 years on and still practice it daily if I start to feel a twinge.

His last book 'No More Aching Back' is still available.

• Like 1

Cycling strengthens your stomach muscles which helps your back. Ice packs or frozen peas are very effective. Cocodamol is effective but not available here.

Often you just need time for your back to improve, get back to normal activities asap, my quickest is playing golf 1 week after my back went

30 years ago my back gave me so much grief.. I couldn't walk down stairs without a rest the doc's gave me pain killers and x Ray's showed a worn disc .. they said if the pills didnt work then all they could offer was an epidural and there was a risk of paralysis.. and then the surgery.. . <deleted> to do ..?no advice was available att.

tried osteopathy..worked in the short term but  offered an open ended bill and arguably a reliance  acupuncture the same  worked in the short term same against open ended bill... so...

1/ changed the mattress... to an orthopedic

2 THIS IS THE IMPORTANT one, if applicable LOSE THE GUT  and in doing so

strengthen and then keep the stomach ie core muscles strong.. this will take the strain AWAY from the skeleton and relieve pain.. for me, I let the core slacken... it gives me grief.. and likewise if I go ott in strengthening  them, it gives me grief..  

Edited by 3 minus 2
  • Like 2

Off topic posts removed.

Given the OP's response at the top of this page, this can now close..

CLOSED

• Thanks 1