Coffee Bean Recommendations

Hogboy

I'm something of a coffee enthusiast, and have tried many Thai brands - Redcliff, Akha Ama, Doi Chang keep recurring, but I have never really settled on anything that ticks all the boxes to make a perfect espresso. 

Anyone with any serious recommendations out there? Bearing in mind that it's whole beans roasted for espresso I'm looking for.

I used to buy Caffe Bruno, it's a coffee roaster company based in Lampang, i order by LINE or FB it cost 125 THB 250gr. + kerry cost, i only brewed with an espresso coffee machine and i liked the result.

They can read English so no problem if you can't speak Thai.

For me it worth a try.

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm quite happy and satisfied with the quality of DOI CHANG's dark roast organic ground coffee.

Although that may not be very helpful, I would like to add I started adding coconut milk into my coffee. Highly recommended! I believe it is going to catch on also.

If you're in Bangkok there are many options - and no doubt also many in Chiang Mai area.

I use BlueKoff

https://www.bluekoff.com

They do various roasts - but for Espresso I'd stick with the A5, and still use it for strong drip coffee for a Cafe Au Lait style morning brew.

We order it by the dozen packs for some discount and free delivery - sellotape over the bag vent hole and store in the freezer. Don't open when cold - always take out and let come to room temp for at least a night so there's no condensation when opened.