BANGKOK
webfact

Families of 27 killed in Korat to get Bt1 million

let's just hope

a) they recieve the full 1m baht

b) the money isn't spent on lottery tickets

the wounded may need it a lot more. when we read x dead and y injured we think more of the dead. trust me, the y injured may have a miserable life in front of them

• Like 2

There are go fund me accounts with people with hurt fingers and fake cancer. Surely there should be some grass root Thai organization or person setting up an international go fund me for the deceased and injured.  I just don’t get the lack of empathy here for these people’s family’s. The story is almost dead now. If this happened in a country used to mass murders like the USA the outpouring of $$$$ would be astronomical. Here it’s like okay, mai pen rai.  I find it strange. 

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The government will pay Bt3 million to the relatives of each of the police officers and other military personnel who died in the tragedy.

rogue cop or lazy army people are worth 3x more dead ?

no problem with that ?

aren't we all humans ?

Dead is dead! Regarless of injury.

Typical. 

Look for an excuse...

Dead is dead, regardless of injury!

Typical, seek an excuse..

The sad event may not have taken place if the soldier was treated with respect by his senior officer instead of being cheated, which is normal pratice in Thailand. He flipped because of extortion plus the very obvious, out dated, male dominant, look at me pressure found in many Asian cultures.

Very sad all round, but could have been avoided, but due to corruption, people were killed...

Land of smiles, extortion, corruption, fraud,  male dominance and soooooooooo on. 

That’s a huge some of money for many of these families and we should thank the authorities for setting it up so quickly rather than criticise. Imagine the uproar on TVF if nothing had been done. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alex8912 said:

There are go fund me accounts with people with hurt fingers and fake cancer. Surely there should be some grass root Thai organization or person setting up an international go fund me for the deceased and injured.  I just don’t get the lack of empathy here for these people’s family’s. The story is almost dead now. If this happened in a country used to mass murders like the USA the outpouring of $$$$ would be astronomical. Here it’s like okay, mai pen rai.  I find it strange. 

Out of curiosity, what do victims of mass shootings get paid in the USA?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Life is Cheap in Thailand

Properly because you get to be reborn here. 😉

On 2/14/2020 at 7:39 AM, webfact said:

The government will pay Bt1 million in compensation to the next of kin of 27 of the people killed in last Saturday’s mass shooting in downtown Nakhon Ratchasima.

&

On 2/14/2020 at 7:39 AM, webfact said:

The wounded will receive compensation depending on the seriousness of their injuries, he said – either Bt200,000 or Bt100,000.

Lets see... 27 families to get Bt100,000 - Bt200,000, that would equal Bt2.7 - Bt5.4 million.

No wonder Thailand's economy is in a mess...

Edited by Basil B

Not to disrespect for people whom die. RIP for all of them.

But only in Thailand, military life was valued higher than ordinary civilian or tourist. And Thai wonder why less and less tourist coming here. Hope less tourist coming here. 

On 2/14/2020 at 2:39 PM, webfact said:

The government will pay Bt3 million to the relatives of each of the police officers and other military personnel who died in the tragedy.

i.e Army and Police personnel are worth three times "normal" civilians.