Families of 27 killed in Korat to get Bt1 million

webfact

Families of 27 killed in Korat to get Bt1 million

By The Nation

800_b9e4138797c3eb4.jpg?v=1581660979

Wissanu Krea-ngam

The government will pay Bt1 million in compensation to the next of kin of 27 of the people killed in last Saturday’s mass shooting in downtown Nakhon Ratchasima.

Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam, who chairs a committee established to decide on settlements, said on Friday (February 14) that no money has as yet been earmarked in two fatalities over which there is “dispute”, or for the gunman, a rogue Army sergeant-major slain by police.

The wounded will receive compensation depending on the seriousness of their injuries, he said – either Bt200,000 or Bt100,000.

There are 29 victims in each category.

The government will pay Bt3 million to the relatives of each of the police officers and other military personnel who died in the tragedy.

The money is to be transferred to all the recipients starting on Saturday. Wissanu said he wants all payments completed within seven days.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30382131?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-14
  • Sad 1

the buck stops at the top, therefore a private payment to each victim;

from Cmdr in Chiefs own purse

The big boss is always responsible for the actions of his subordinates;

just like how previous big boss wore the fault for what the subordinates did to the rice farmers

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

Can anyone explain the difference in payout for soldiers and civilians?

I am serious!

Is this just a TIT thing or does it make sense, in some twisted way, that I am just not Thai enough to understand?

Must look after your mates... 

29 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Must look after your mates... 

Indeed! promote subservience amongst those doing your bidding as well!

The amounts are pitiful, Thailand is no longer a poor country, they have huge cash reserves, guess they intend keeping them! ???? 

There are go fund me accounts with people with hurt fingers and fake cancer. Surely there should be some grass root Thai organization or person setting up an international go fund me for the deceased and injured.  I just don’t get the lack of empathy here for these people’s family’s. The story is almost dead now. If this happened in a country used to mass murders like the USA the outpouring of $$$$ would be astronomical. Here it’s like okay, mai pen rai.  I find it strange. 

Dead is dead, regardless of injury!

Typical, seek an excuse..

The sad event may not have taken place if the soldier was treated with respect by his senior officer instead of being cheated, which is normal pratice in Thailand. He flipped because of extortion plus the very obvious, out dated, male dominant, look at me pressure found in many Asian cultures.

Very sad all round, but could have been avoided, but due to corruption, people were killed...

Land of smiles, extortion, corruption, fraud,  male dominance and soooooooooo on. 

3 hours ago, alex8912 said:

There are go fund me accounts with people with hurt fingers and fake cancer. Surely there should be some grass root Thai organization or person setting up an international go fund me for the deceased and injured.  I just don’t get the lack of empathy here for these people’s family’s. The story is almost dead now. If this happened in a country used to mass murders like the USA the outpouring of $$$$ would be astronomical. Here it’s like okay, mai pen rai.  I find it strange. 

Out of curiosity, what do victims of mass shootings get paid in the USA?

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 7:39 AM, webfact said:

The government will pay Bt1 million in compensation to the next of kin of 27 of the people killed in last Saturday’s mass shooting in downtown Nakhon Ratchasima.

&

On 2/14/2020 at 7:39 AM, webfact said:

The wounded will receive compensation depending on the seriousness of their injuries, he said – either Bt200,000 or Bt100,000.

Lets see... 27 families to get Bt100,000 - Bt200,000, that would equal Bt2.7 - Bt5.4 million.

No wonder Thailand's economy is in a mess...

Edited by Basil B

On 2/14/2020 at 2:39 PM, webfact said:

The government will pay Bt3 million to the relatives of each of the police officers and other military personnel who died in the tragedy.

i.e Army and Police personnel are worth three times "normal" civilians.