BANGKOK
Rimmer

Old Pattaya dying off with elderly Europeans

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

The old Nanaplaza Forum. I was a Mod there. More memories.

That place died a death which is probably why we are here, advertisers being involved in blackmailing posters  did not exactly help it. Originally it was sanuk fun in Thailand and I think it started in 96, or could have been 97 and apart from Escarti the first foreign website about Thailand I can remember. Another major problem was changing the name of course. Nanapong forum was always more fun and laid back.

Edited by Orton Rd

16 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

That place died a death which is probably why we are here, advertisers being involved in blackmailing posters  did not exactly help it. Originally it was sanuk fun in Thailand and I think it started in 96, or could have been 97 and apart from Escarti the first foreign website about Thailand I can remember. Another major problem was changing the name of course. Nanapong forum was always more fun and laid back.

Hmmmm....now that rings a bell.

Edited by Eindhoven

3 hours ago, lazygourmet said:

Just coming back from a few days in Pattaya. Soi Buakhao is nowadays the busiest area. Just noticed that there are still a few retired Europeans around ; but the majority of them are single and have a tendency to talk to themselves. 

I remember 2000-5 none of us locals wanted to live on or past Soi Bukhao. Too far fro.m the beach.

Edited by Number 6
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, madmen said:

Yes 100% thats what I wanted when I was a tourist with wads of cash from a successful marketing company. I wanted 2 girls that were responsive and good fun. I wanted them based on personality as much as looks and I wanted them in my room right now!!! apps are ok for tight <deleted> tourists or the odd expat who doesn't care that she is 15 years older than her profile pic as long as they can save a few satang

How old are you now, and how long ago were you that successful tourist with wads of ad agency money?

12 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I remember 2000-5 none of us locals wanted to live on or past Soi Bukhao. Too far fro.m the beach.

Bua khao was just a dirt road that many girls were afraid to traverse. Apparently bag snatching was rife.

Pattaya nowadays resembles with sleeping Penang. A city with mostly boring asian tourists.

after 8 pm they all in their hotel rooms. Good luck !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Chinese and Indian tour groups and stay-by-themselves Russians who forgo the bars and spend little money once they’ve arrived.

Most Indians don't come in tour groups. I hope this corona virus will break the stringhold of Chiese tour groups also. I see lots of chinese independent travellers come with friends, girl friends, and wives, children. Russians do spend money becuase they also come with their families. 

It is only the farangs who come here for bar visits, find gfs, and possibly wives for a "marriage visa". Japanese used to do that but it's going down amongst young Japanese tourists. Most of these groups (older farangs/Japanese) come to Thailand for sex and sex only. 

Insane pricing doesn't help either, who is going to pay 150-250B per drink, be real. You might do that once like a ping pong show but it doesn't stimulate a repeat visit hehe. If the prices are right, both for drinks and girls, enough clientele will keep showing up. 

It used to be fun wandering around nana, cowboy or walking street  for some drinks and fun, specially if you are out and about alone in the first place. 
Nowadays I just do 1-2 fast drinks only, if at all, just to see how the scene is nowadays and get the fun memories back on my mind.

Even considering it to be fine spending a few thousand or even 5 thousand in total, that is nowhere close to enough in those places today.
Better off to get a online date and drink for the same money at a rooftop bar then, would even include a dinner.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Insane pricing doesn't help either, who is going to pay 200B per drink, be real. You might do that once like a ping pong show but it doesn't stimulate a repeat visit hehe.
If the prices are right, both for drinks and girls, enough clientele will keep showing up. 

Try buying a drink in a western strip club and then try fondling the stripper lol.. You will end up head first into the pavement 

200 baht for a protest free 10 to 20 minute fondle is the deal of the century for a young hot go go girl But as always there are dirt poor expats crying its a total rip off lol

Edited by madmen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, metempsychotic said:

How old are you now, and how long ago were you that successful tourist with wads of ad agency money?

All 7 day millionaire's have money you don't need to be rich. No way they gonna fly half way round the world to sit in a room waiting for what could be hours to participate in a lucky dip lol 

I have my long term regulars now so need for more bar fines so age is irrelevant 

1 hour ago, madmen said:

All 7 day millionaire's have money you don't need to be rich. No way they gonna fly half way round the world to sit in a room waiting for what could be hours to participate in a lucky dip lol 

I have my long term regulars now so need for more bar fines so age is irrelevant 

Question laboriously unanswered thanks for that, my point is the the 7 day millionaires are part of a dying demographic, there just arent as many of them as there were in the 90s and early 2000s.

Not many people under 40 fly into pattaya on a rampage anymore, there just arent as many sex tourists, and those of you who are truly devoted are getting on in age.

The scene is no longer affordable and the women are not as available. The bars are now scraping the bottom of the barrel as th hotties dont need the degradation either 

Simples.

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

What's the difference between a sex tourist coming here for 10 days, and having sex with a different girl each day, for 10,000 baht, and a sex tourist who comes here and takes one girl out of a bar and keeps her for 10 days and gives her 10,000 baht? 

Are you suggesting the sex tourist that just has the one girl is some how more moral or ethical than the sex tourist who takes different girls? 

It does seem that you are unable to read. 

He was very clear in his post and pointed to a scenario where the men want companionship rather than variety. 

I too recall a group of german men who did similar, all dead now.

They didnt want the new girl, they wanted the girl they knew.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Hmmmm....now that rings a bell.

thats the one I was a Mod on. There was like some fighting over a name or something

19 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Question laboriously unanswered thanks for that, my point is the the 7 day millionaires are part of a dying demographic, there just arent as many of them as there were in the 90s and early 2000s.

Not many people under 40 fly into pattaya on a rampage anymore, there just arent as many sex tourists, and those of you who are truly devoted are getting on in age.

The scene is no longer affordable and the women are not as available. The bars are now scraping the bottom of the barrel as th hotties dont need the degradation either 

Simples.

MORE to do with the baht than sex tourist scene. Still plenty of them and I'm in Pattaya right now but once airfares and hotels are factored in it doesn't look very appealing. Most certainly nothing to do with the bar fine alone around 700 baht in a beer bar, a whopping $20!!