Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Clubs & night life in BKK


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, markmaison said:

hey guys. any recommendation for clubs in bkk? I will be going for a vacation with some friends for some fun time.

Will be depend on what you all are looking for by way of entertainment. You can't club all visitors together (was that a clever pun or what).

Link to post
Share on other sites

For a city of its size Bangkok doesn't have a very innovative nightclub scene sadly.

 

If you want to buy a bottle with some mates (not too expensive), listen to EDM and be surrounded by hot freelancers then Insanity on Soi11 is usually a good bet (it's open the latest in the area)

 

If you like more underground house and hip hop then I recommend Beam in Thong Lor (soi 55 I think). This place attracts hiso thais and foreign expats.

This isn't a place to pick up freelancers. Drinks aren't cheap.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Insanity

Location: Sukhumvit

Music: EDM/hip hop/house
Crowd: Foreigners (mostly the guys) and Thais (mostly the girls) 

Insanity is enjoying a new lease of life after moving to premises on Sukhumvit Soi 11, where you can experience bass-heavy tunes, big room EDM, open format, and electro house every night. The club hosts quality international and local all-star DJs. attracting over 1,000 partygoers on weekdays and over 1,500 on weekends.

It’s one of the largest clubs in the city, with a grand entrance into a big hanger style room with 14-meter-high ceilings, a retractable halo lighting system and an ‘L Acoustic’ sound system. Insanity also has outstanding dance shows, seductive podium dancers and a central stage for those who want to let loose on the dancefloor.

Read more

Location: Insanity Nightclub, Sukhumvit Soi 11, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Open: Daily from 9pm to 2am

Phone: +66 (0)82 731 8885

 

https://www.hotels.com/go/thailand/best-bangkok-nightclubs

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hackney35 said:

For a city of its size Bangkok doesn't have a very innovative nightclub scene sadly.

 

If you want to buy a bottle with some mates (not too expensive), listen to EDM and be surrounded by hot freelancers then Insanity on Soi11 is usually a good bet (it's open the latest in the area)

 

If you like more underground house and hip hop then I recommend Beam in Thong Lor (soi 55 I think). This place attracts hiso thais and foreign expats.

This isn't a place to pick up freelancers. Drinks aren't cheap.

You need to get out more

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thainess said:

Can't recommend anything. For a city of its size, Bangkok truly has a terrible nightlife. Clubs play terrible music and are filled with overweight middle-aged white men and "ladies of the night". Almost any other city in Asia (outside Thailand) has better nightlife.

Agreed, there are no good hiphop/rap/r&b clubs. There's only two I used to know of a few years ago. I remember RCA in the past always had some sheett foreign DJ's who can't play any decent hiphop song in full and end up mixing it into a new song after playing a it for like 10 seconds or has a terrible remix of a song. The only other option was Sugar which had something ridiculous like a 500 baht entry for some small crappy club. If someone opened up some good hiphop clubs in BKK I'm sure they could rake in the dosh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hackney35 said:

For a city of its size Bangkok doesn't have a very innovative nightclub scene sadly.

 

If you want to buy a bottle with some mates (not too expensive), listen to EDM and be surrounded by hot freelancers then Insanity on Soi11 is usually a good bet (it's open the latest in the area)

They play too much EDM sheett in Thailand. People listening to that crappp must be on drugs to enjoy it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hackney35 said:

For a city of its size Bangkok doesn't have a very innovative nightclub scene sadly.

 

If you want to buy a bottle with some mates (not too expensive), listen to EDM and be surrounded by hot freelancers then Insanity on Soi11 is usually a good bet (it's open the latest in the area)

 

If you like more underground house and hip hop then I recommend Beam in Thong Lor (soi 55 I think). This place attracts hiso thais and foreign expats.

This isn't a place to pick up freelancers. Drinks aren't cheap.

The 2nd option sounds better

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Agreed, there are no good hiphop/rap/r&b clubs. There's only two I used to know of a few years ago. I remember RCA in the past always had some sheett foreign DJ's who can't play any decent hiphop song in full and end up mixing it into a new song after playing a it for like 10 seconds or has a terrible remix of a song. The only other option was Sugar which had something ridiculous like a 500 baht entry for some small crappy club. If someone opened up some good hiphop clubs in BKK I'm sure they could rake in the dosh.

It's equally bad if you like underground house/techno like I do.

There are 20+ better lineups in London every weekend than the best thing Bangkok usually has on. Glow/Beam occasionally have some good DJs but it's often half empty even for decent headliners.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Thainess said:

Can't recommend anything. For a city of its size, Bangkok truly has a terrible nightlife. Clubs play terrible music and are filled with overweight middle-aged white men and "ladies of the night". Almost any other city in Asia (outside Thailand) has better nightlife.

Hahaha you just described yourself without even knowing 

Classic,! 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, madmen said:

Hahaha you just described yourself without even knowing 

Classic,! 

Maybe I described you, but I'm certainly not overweight, nor do I ever have to pay money for the company of a lady.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

if you plan to go out before midnight (say 9pm), i'd recommend billboard in nana plaza or shark, dollhouse, or lighthouse is soi cowboy.  after midnight, insanity as noted by others.  the OP did ask about clubs AND nightlife so i'm offering some of the 'nightlife' options also.  good luck to the OP !!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to hijack the topic but any opinions about Sing Sing Theater. Good? Bad? I haven't been there but see some decent reviews.

 

Particularly looking for a place to dance. Suggestions welcome.

Edited by Why Me
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is called Insanity based on what the girls want you to spend.  I got a room for the night, last month, did cold Heinekens on the terrace from 711.  Met an Italian, Australian, and a Swiss guy.  Italian was already with his date...the rest of us decided we would meet at 22:15 and take a walk.  It was 21:40.  At 21:45, Aussie guy connects with massage lady.  Swiss guy and me head out at 22:15.  Last thing I recall was telling Swiss guy not to stand in the street..didn't want him to get run over.  I didn't make it to the corner (soi 4).  Found a lovely lady from Nong Khai..invited her back to hotel..she ended up not officially leaving until yesterday.  All four of us pulled, none of us went to ripoff bars or nightclubs.   We all agreed that those businesses are there to systematically extract as much money out of you as possible, while offering little in terms of quality or service.  Everyone was happy, except the grouchy bar owners..Soi 4 was like old times.  The big change is that it is more costly to watch the action than to actually participate in it.  You could easily spend 2000 on several beers and a few lady drinks, while listening to old tunes that have been beaten to death around here, and you might even be more sober than when you entered.  Really not sustainable.

Edited by moontang
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...