Phuket jungle camp cleared of baby elephant abuse allegations

snoop1130

Phuket jungle camp cleared of baby elephant abuse allegations

By The Phuket News

1581670193_1-org.jpg

The Phuket Livestock Development Office has cleared the Phuchada Safari camp in Rawai of allegations of abuse of a bay elephant. Photo: Phuket DLD

PHUKET:-- The Phuket Livestock Development Office has cleared an elephant camp in Rawai of allegations of animal abuse, but has given the camp owner 15 days to clean the area where a 2-year-old baby elephant is kept.

The news follows a disturbing report by a regular visitor to Phuket, documenting how the baby elephant has been mistreated and used as a tourist attraction.

“The baby ele is kept in a make-shift shack down a dirt road with no access to water or food. All four legs are chained so tightly together that he cannot even stretch his legs.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-jungle-camp-cleared-of-baby-elephant-abuse-allegations-74836.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-02-14
  • Sad 1

The Phuket Livestock Development Office has cleared an elephant camp in Rawai of allegations of animal abuse, but has given the camp owner 15 days to clean the area where a 2-year-old baby elephant is kept.

Can you just substitute the word elephant to falang?

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“The baby ele is kept in a make-shift shack down a dirt road with no access to water or food. All four legs are chained so tightly together that he cannot even stretch his legs.

So that passed inspection... beggars belief in Thai animal husbandry!

• Confused 1

Poor animals. I yell out to the tourists to stop and leave when see them in these horrible perverse places. Went past the Rawai camp last week and the elephants tied down bored and looking very sad. I wouldn't go ride one of them even if you offered me a lot of money.

2 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Poor animals. I yell out to the tourists to stop and leave when see them in these horrible perverse places. Went past the Rawai camp last week and the elephants tied down bored and looking very sad. I wouldn't go ride one of them even if you offered me a lot of money.

So you want the elephants on Phuket euthanised?

Edited by Patong2
  • Sad 1

On 2/15/2020 at 9:55 AM, hotchilli said:
On 2/14/2020 at 5:35 PM, snoop1130 said:

So that passed inspection... beggars belief in Thai animal husbandry!

No, that didn't pass inspection because it wasn't the case as alleged when it was inspected!

Edited by Just Weird