Carney sees silver lining after Brexit hit to UK economy

snoop1130

1 hour ago, samran said:

No, most of the developed world has been stuck in low growth mode since the GFC. A few spurts here and there but nothing outstanding. 

I bet if you're more specific about which countries have the lower growth, you might be able to elicit some plausible causes for that...

You probably know that high GDP growth tends to be associated with very low down developing countries, or countries recovering from a local economic correction. You perhaps also know that China's growth rate is declining as it reaches development goals. It might not be a surprise that countries riven by war and insurgency tend to have negative GDP growth; and that growth itself doesn't equate to prosperity.

9 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I wonder is our poor productivity more a result of the relentless attack on workers' rights rather than a critique of the efforts of the British working person. The Nasty Party has been working hard for the last 30 years to take away as many workers' safety nets as possible resulting in companies being able to hire an fire much more easily. Therefore, cheap and easily dispensable drones can be hired in lieu of proper investment in technology. 

Also a lack of investment in education and training.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jare said:

...and are you going to substantiate these claims, or just go on and on and on about other people not substantiating theirs?

As a brand new member who only joined this Wednesday how would you know whether or not I  ‘go on and on about other people not substantiating’ anything?

That aside, welcome to Thaivisa, have fun.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

If you are genuinely new here you will learn that this poster and many others go on and on and on.

Usually Brit bashing and can't substantiate a single fact although he and others are all experts.

Over to you to substantiate that I partake in ‘Brit Bashing’.

• Confused 2

On 2/15/2020 at 12:38 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

As a brand new member who only joined this Wednesday how would you know whether or not I  ‘go on and on about other people not substantiating’ anything?

That aside, welcome to Thaivisa, have fun.

Less than a week and already got the measure of some of the Remainers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2