unable to register old M/C

brianthainess

OK i brought a M/C Honda click years ago from a guy who went back to the UK, when he left his visa was finished, i have all relevant documents, but because his visa had expired, LTO would not register it to me, i argued that he is not coming back and i have no way to contact him, 'Tough poo!' or words to that effect. It is now so long it needs to be re-registered. The only option i can see is to take out a private insurance and drive un-registered and pay the fine when need be. I don't want to sell it as spares, so any other options anyone ??

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

where do you live?  if in rural tland without major police checks just drive it unregistered like many locals lol and pay the bib if stopped?

That is ok to a point but I would like to make it legal for two reasons, insurance and sometimes i am able to rent it out and outside the village there are checks insurance is the major issue really

Why didn't you pay the tax? You could have done everything as normal with the bike, besides of transferring it.

If the registration has now completely expired this will get much more difficult.

The easiest way to solve this is probably to go to a "tor ror or" shop and ask if they can sort this out, maybe somebody there knows somebody who can sort this out for a fee. I have no idea what it could cost and if it's worth it.

post-81192-0-27856200-1456382403_thumb.jpg.24cb1f1c8da8e2b3a3bf7a5a6893ec33.jpg

The "tor ror or" shops will have this sign there are usually quite a few of them arround.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

What do mean about "registration has now completely expired" it's a Honda Click they are not old.

OP said it has to be "re-registered". If you don't pay the tax for a few years, i think it's 3 years, then the green book and license plates became invalid and you have to get new ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jackdd said:

Why didn't you pay the tax? You could have done everything as normal with the bike, besides of transferring it.

If the registration has now completely expired this will get much more difficult.

The easiest way to solve this is probably to go to a "tor ror or" shop and ask if they can sort this out, maybe somebody there knows somebody who can sort this out for a fee. I have no idea what it could cost and if it's worth it.

post-81192-0-27856200-1456382403_thumb.jpg.24cb1f1c8da8e2b3a3bf7a5a6893ec33.jpg

The "tor ror or" shops will have this sign there are usually quite a few of them arround.

Should have, could have,Maybe.

Edited by brianthainess