Jump to content
BANGKOK
Spellforce

Jomtien: thai witness is no more required for marriage visa extensions ?

Recommended Posts

I did a search on the forum but I didn't found the answer for 2020.

 

Untill 2019 I had to come with a thai witness that had his tabian baan registered at Nongprue.

Last year they told me that the witness has been replaced by a visit.

 

I have to renew my extension this month, someone can confirm: a thai witness is no more required at Jomtien immigration office?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are apparently doing home visits now from reports I have seen. No need for a witness.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct ,you do not need to take a witness ,but will need one at your home visit .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did not want a witness with us at the Jomtien office last time (2019)   they also don't want to see the witness in any photos you provide at the office  just you and the wife...when they come to visit at home then they will  want a witness and take photos of everyone again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Correct ,you do not need to take a witness ,but will need one at your home visit .

so could my live in maid or gardener be witness?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am going to change from Retirement to Marriage extension first week of March, my darling wife wants to head upcountry that week but I have told her she will need to hang around until after the home visit, anyone know how long they take to do the visit after lodging everything ??

I may actually get away without one, the foreign helper at the Jomtien office lives in my village and his wife and mine are good friends. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Correct ,you do not need to take a witness ,but will need one at your home visit .

I need not one but two witnesses during the home visit

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

I need not one but two witnesses during the home visit

Are you using Jomtien immigration office ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ya i live in si sa ket providence and had to have 2 witnesses as well but my son’s wife was able to be one who lives in same house so may be your maid + gardener can be the witness then again never know from one Immagation to the next 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Binger said:

Hi ya i live in si sa ket providence and had to have 2 witnesses as well but my son’s wife was able to be one who lives in same house so may be your maid + gardener can be the witness then again never know from one Immagation to the next 😂

As far as i remember the witness will need their own housebook our visit last year (March) was a couple of weeks after our visit to Jontiem IO they phone a couple of days before hand to let you know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly off track but at Jomtien you can report for extension (marriage) one month before due date and one week after due date, is this correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

Slightly off track but at Jomtien you can report for extension (marriage) one month before due date and one week after due date, is this correct?

You apply for an extension of stay up to 30 days before your current permit to stay ends.

There is no 5 days after. You are on an overstay after your permit to stay ends.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all tourists gone I think you can get a 1 year Visa just by asking nice lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You apply for an extension of stay up to 30 days before your current permit to stay ends.

There is no 5 days after. You are on an overstay after your permit to stay ends.

Thanks Joe was'nt sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, johng said:

Are you using Jomtien immigration office ?

I am depending on Pathum Thani which gives me satisfactory service 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...