Jomtien: thai witness is no more required for marriage visa extensions ?

I did a search on the forum but I didn't found the answer for 2020.

Untill 2019 I had to come with a thai witness that had his tabian baan registered at Nongprue.

Last year they told me that the witness has been replaced by a visit.

I have to renew my extension this month, someone can confirm: a thai witness is no more required at Jomtien immigration office?

They did not want a witness with us at the Jomtien office last time (2019)   they also don't want to see the witness in any photos you provide at the office  just you and the wife...when they come to visit at home then they will  want a witness and take photos of everyone again.

• Like 2

I am going to change from Retirement to Marriage extension first week of March, my darling wife wants to head upcountry that week but I have told her she will need to hang around until after the home visit, anyone know how long they take to do the visit after lodging everything ??

I may actually get away without one, the foreign helper at the Jomtien office lives in my village and his wife and mine are good friends. ????

Hi ya i live in si sa ket providence and had to have 2 witnesses as well but my son’s wife was able to be one who lives in same house so may be your maid + gardener can be the witness then again never know from one Immagation to the next ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Binger said:

Hi ya i live in si sa ket providence and had to have 2 witnesses as well but my son’s wife was able to be one who lives in same house so may be your maid + gardener can be the witness then again never know from one Immagation to the next ????

As far as i remember the witness will need their own housebook our visit last year (March) was a couple of weeks after our visit to Jontiem IO they phone a couple of days before hand to let you know!

30 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

Slightly off track but at Jomtien you can report for extension (marriage) one month before due date and one week after due date, is this correct?

You apply for an extension of stay up to 30 days before your current permit to stay ends.

There is no 5 days after. You are on an overstay after your permit to stay ends.

• Like 2

Update with answer(s) (apply to Jomtien ONLY):

- A thai witness is no more required for the application

- Officers will do a visit in the next 2 weeks, the presence of one thai witness (not 2 witnesses) is required

PS: I dont know yet if the thai witness needs to show his Tabian registered in Nongprue (as 2019). I will do a new update about that requirement.

18 hours ago, Spellforce said:

PS: I dont know yet if the thai witness needs to show his Tabian registered in Nongprue (as 2019).

The "witness" certainly need to show  ID and copy of house book ( tabien bahn)  whether they need to be registered in Chonburi or not is a good question..as far as I'm aware they only need to be a Thai person who knows you and your wife but are not relatives/family.

Final Update with answer(s) (apply to Jomtien ONLY):

- Officers will do a visit in the next foloowing days, the presence of one thai witness (not 2 witnesses) is required, his tabian ban registered in Nongprue is not mandatory.

50 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

Final Update with answer(s) (apply to Jomtien ONLY):

- Officers will do a visit in the next foloowing days, the presence of one thai witness (not 2 witnesses) is required, his tabian ban registered in Nongprue is not mandatory.

Update to the Jomtien Update:

-No Thai witness for the application

-Visit is usually within 2 days following application (they will call first to make the appointment time).

-Your witness should know the husband/wife for many years if possible.

-Witness needs to show her ID card, and Tibbian Baan if available. They may take her photo also.

-Husband/wife do not need to show any documents during the visit, but the immigration guys will walk around and check that you are living as a couple. If satisfied they will probably take an inside photo and an outside photo (with your house number showing) and leave....10 minutes at the most.

(although they may ask for passport and ID card just to confirm identity, so have them ready if required).

-If everything is legit then a painless experience.

-There is no asking of extra's from the Jomtien guys, but nice to offer a coffee or cola.

You then return to Jomtien on the stamped date in your passport for the extra 11 months (having waited 30 days for the approval).

Cheers.

Edited by couchpotato
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Update to the Jomtien Update:

-No Thai witness for the application

-Visit is usually within 2 days following application (they will call first to make the appointment time).

-Your witness should know the husband/wife for many years if possible.

-Witness needs to show her ID card, and Tibbian Baan if available. They may take her photo also.

-Husband/wife do not need to show any documents during the visit, but the immigration guys will walk around and check that you are living as a couple. If satisfied they will probably take an inside photo and an outside photo (with your house number showing) and leave....10 minutes at the most.

(although they may ask for passport and ID card just to confirm identity, so have them ready if required).

-If everything is legit then a painless experience.

-There is no asking of extra's from the Jomtien guys, but nice to offer a coffee or cola.

You then return to Jomtien on the stamped date in your passport for the extra 11 months (having waited 30 days for the approval).

Cheers.

Addition:  (If required..Tibbian Baan of your witness can be any Province..not Chonburi specific).

• Like 1