Jump to content
BANGKOK

Recommended Posts

Im getting on for ninety and I dont think I can make it to Hua Hin immigration to extend my marriage visa.

I have been hospitalised 3 times in the last six months. My wife just has a serious heart attack and she cant come with me. I am severely disabled

with spinal stenosis, so cant sign anything and I need oxygen quite ofter for a serious lung disease. I cant stand up and need my wheel chair. I am also deaf. I  have cancer and serious heart problems too.

I can get a medical certificate from my doctor  at bangkok hospital. I can also provide photos of my home hospital bed and oxygen concentrator.

I gather the certicate is valid for three months. I can send a freind to immigration with the certificate, Will I have any problems? When would I need to produce the certificate. Would immigration need any other documents besides my passsport. I can only get worse so presumambly I will have to get a new certificate every 3 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is a fact, I must say that I am really sorry for you. This must be the ultimate bad things that can happen to "us"old guys. I, myself really do fear getting old (I am 69 in april) and having to deal with all that stuff you are dealing with.

 

Just like to say, keep up your good spirit and fight on,.,,,,

 

Good luck

glegolo

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to your posting history you have Permanent Residence. Why do you need to go to Immigration?

 

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thedemon said:

According to your posting history you have Permanent Residence. Why do you need to go to Immigration?

 

 

 

At 90 years of age he may have forgotten or is a bit confused

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be nice if someone local could contact OP and see what he needs to do regarding, PR or marriage extension....must be someone with a few spare hours if the OP dosnt mind help.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps the OP is confused about the multi re-entry (called "Non-Quota Immigrant Visa" all written in English) which is stamped in your passport and the Endorsement (all written in Thai) which is stamped in your (blue or white) Certificate of Residence. Those are usually done annually but only necessary if you intend to travel abroad.

 

If you have no intention of travelling, then there is no need to visit Immigration ever again.

 

The only requirement for a PR is to have your local Police Station put a renewal stamp in your (reddish-brown coloured) Alien Certificate every 5 years. If you forget to do that, it isn't a big deal. The penalty is only a small fine and it is doubtful that anyone would notice anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear OP. Sorry to hear of your and now your wife's misfortune.

 

    You should be okay when sending a friend with a medical signed by a doctor from your hospital.

 

   I hope that your wife and you recover and wish you only the best.

 

      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My PR status is questionable because I lost the white PR book certificate last time I travelled abroad. I could not produce it  when I returned to Thailand and was given a tourist visa.  I contacted a lawyer who told me that I would have to apply again and it would cost Bt 200,000, so rather than do that I applied and got a marriage visa. However I have kept up my blue tambien bahn and my alien registration book both updated which have come in handy at times, but I dont show them when I renew my yearly extensions 

I hope this has answed the questions and hope to get some advice about my present condition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thedemon said:

Perhaps the OP is confused about the multi re-entry (called "Non-Quota Immigrant Visa" all written in English) which is stamped in your passport and the Endorsement (all written in Thai) which is stamped in your (blue or white) Certificate of Residence. Those are usually done annually but only necessary if you intend to travel abroad.

 

If you have no intention of travelling, then there is no need to visit Immigration ever again.

 

The only requirement for a PR is to have your local Police Station put a renewal stamp in your (reddish-brown coloured) Alien Certificate every 5 years. If you forget to do that, it isn't a big deal. The penalty is only a small fine and it is doubtful that anyone would notice anyway.

very interesting reply. I have no intention of leaving Thailand. I have kept my alein registration book up to date also my blue tambien bahn.

I am on a marriage visa extension because I lost my white PR book on my last trip abroad and when I returned I was given a tourist visa and then I applied for a marriage visa. I have often considered not renewing my visa extension and showing my alien registration book and blue tambien bahn if i was ever stopped or questioned by immigration. but I fear they might ask for my passport or check thier computers

any  further advice,thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gamini said:

very interesting reply. I have no intention of leaving Thailand. I have kept my alein registration book up to date also my blue tambien bahn.

I am on a marriage visa extension because I lost my white PR book on my last trip abroad and when I returned I was given a tourist visa and then I applied for a marriage visa. I have often considered not renewing my visa extension and showing my alien registration book and blue tambien bahn if i was ever stopped or questioned by immigration. but I fear they might ask for my passport or check thier computers

any  further advice,thanks

 

That is a complicated situation, one that I have never heard of either. When I first read your reply, I thought it sounded as if the lawyer had given you some bad advice regarding your lost Certificate of Residence. However, I have just read through Chapter 5 of the Immigration Act and it does actually seem to say that not being in possession of the required documents on return to Thailand invalidates PR.

 

Quote

Section 51 : Any alien who has formerly resided in the Kingdom but has no
document of departure for return or has a document of departure for return, but
has not returned to the Kingdom in reference to the time prescribed in Section 48
and the alien wishes to take up residence in the Kingdom again , he must submit
an application in accordance with the procedure as prescribed in the Ministerial
Regulations for consideration and approval. When the Immigration Commission
considers that the alien has reason and proper excuse and he is not excluded
from entry under Section 12 and Section 44 , the alien may be permitted to enter
to take up residence in the Kingdom under the concurrence of the Minister, but
the alien has to receive a new Residence Certificate. The provision of Section 45
Para.2 shall be applied Mutatis Mutandis while waiting for permission.
The provisions in Section 12 (1) concerning visa , (2),(3) and (9)
shall not apply with the case as provided in the first paragraph of this section.
The applicant must pay fees as prescribed in the Ministerial
Regulations.

 

Honestly, if that really is the case, I am shocked. It seems incredulous to me.

 

In any case, I suppose that your priority right now is the impending expiration of your marriage extension. I have read previously of cases where it isn't possible for an applicant to attend Immigration and there are solutions but I'm not qualified to advise on those. I am sure Ubonjoe and others will be able to.

 

Personally I think that your case deserves some compassion from Immigration and I will be surprised (and disappointed) if you don't get that.

 

Here's hoping for the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, thedemon said:

 

That is a complicated situation, one that I have never heard of either. When I first read your reply, I thought it sounded as if the lawyer had given you some bad advice regarding your lost Certificate of Residence. However, I have just read through Chapter 5 of the Immigration Act and it does actually seem to say that not being in possession of the required documents on return to Thailand invalidates PR.

 

 

Honestly, if that really is the case, I am shocked. It seems incredulous to me.

 

In any case, I suppose that your priority right now is the impending expiration of your marriage extension. I have read previously of cases where it isn't possible for an applicant to attend Immigration and there are solutions but I'm not qualified to advise on those. I am sure Ubonjoe and others will be able to.

 

Personally I think that your case deserves some compassion from Immigration and I will be surprised (and disappointed) if you don't get that.

 

Here's hoping for the best!

Incredulous it is. Its even more incredulous that i have a Thai id number in my blue tambien bahn. I di d not realise this until I went to the Amhur to get a pink ID card. It raised a lot of eyebrows and a lot of questions. They finally gave up and issued me with a pink ID with a Thai idedntity card number. I decided to investgate and my wife told she remembered back in abouy 1980,the Amhur in Sankampaeng phoning her to ask me to pick up my Thai ID. The reason I got a Thai ID because when they first started to change from house papers to Blue Thanbien bahn. everyone on the house paper got a new Thai ID and a blue Tambien bahn me included. This was not a mistake, aparrantly all PR holders on the house paer got a Thai ID. Stupidly I never picked up the Thai ID because I was leaving Thailand for good.  (so I thought)  But a few years later we returned. I had kept up my PR status  by returning to Thailand yearly and getting a re entry permit. But I lost my white PR book. So I had to get a tourist visa when I returned.

My ID number is in all the government hospitals and I get free treatment in Chiangmai and emergancy free treatment evrywhere else. A lot of strange things happened to me in Thailand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...