BANGKOK
Jingthing

Poll: Pattaya baht buses -- are you riding masked or not?

Pattaya baht buses -- are you riding masked or not?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've cut down on my baht bus riding a lot since the beginning of the virus issue. So I don't have a lot of personal experience with this. On some recent rides, I noticed the majority of Thais wearing masks, and maybe 20 percent of the white people and 20 percent of the Indian people as well. I didn't encounter any Chinese people on my recent rides.

So I'm wondering in order to look at a larger sample and I'm assuming most people here are western expats and tourists, for those riding the Pattaya baht buses, are you masked or not, why or why not, and if masked, what kind of mask?

I never wear a mask. How many cases of Corona virus in Pattaya? None.

Edited by champers
  • Like 1

I think the hot tip is to stay upwind from the coughers. Or use another form of transportation.

10 hours ago, champers said:

I never wear a mask. How many cases of Corona virus in Pattaya? None.

Has Thailand been declaring the location of every case ?   I haven't seen such data.  When they announced the last batch of 6, only one had a declared location. 

5 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I think the hot tip is to stay upwind from the coughers. Or use another form of transportation.

Safest position for virus avoidance is probably on the roof of the baht bus. 😀

• Like 2

Nah, baht bus not a confined space so much. I'll just keep smoking

Watched docu on plague outbreak in London 1665. Ouch. Smoking was thought to keep the plague away, along with burning noxious materials like brimstone (that partially worked as even rats with plague fleas couldn't stand it). Skip bathing for a week or two? That should ensure "social distancing" which has been recommended as strategy to avoid disease

Not wearing a mask but I do keep a bottle of hand cleanser in my pocket, and use it after getting off a BB. IMO there's more danger in touching the rails, then possibly touching my face than in breathing it in. 

22 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Another thought.....Do bank tellers get nervous if you approach them wearing a mask? 

An easy way to transmit the disease to yourself is by getting the germs on your hand and rubbing your eyes  (or picking your nose? 555).

Do you touch the escalator hand rails? Do you touch money at the bank?  Do you flush the toilet? Do you close the toilet door? etc

I would think the tellers are used to masked customers. Anyone sick during the year would wear one.

If someone would have told me when I was a kid that so many people would be walking around w/masks on I would not have been able to imagine what the world had come to...

that said, I had to take my wife to the hospital and wore one for the first time... a good one - not cheap - so good that I was having trouble breathing...