Download Photos from iPad Pro

jonwilly

I know that the iPad Pro and iPhone have cameras that are similar and will give same result. By choice I prefer to use my smaller iPad Pro for I can view the subject better. There have been so many upgrades to IOS of late and now I find my photos will not download easily to my old laptop.

I have asked and none of the given answers work. I even bought a new Flash drive which I can connect to my Pad via the appropriate lead and that does not allow me to download the photos which I could transfer to my laptop.

Airdrop is not working I am convinced that's it's a laptop problem. I can transfer between the Pad & Phone using airdrop.

The only thing working is sending photos via email to myself, very time consuming.

I found a file that allows me to convert all my HEIC photos to Jpeg.

john

Thanks any info is appreciated.

Just connected my iPad via it's USB connection to a normal, USB to laptop and nothing is showing in Photos app on left or any where.

I do wonder about all these new IOS modifications.

Tried imports in the Photos, under the File stack  and this does seem to have most but not all on my iPad.

Cheers all help useful, I am away from my home base or I could go speak to a local expert.

john

I am on Catalina on my iMac which is back at my home location.

My Macbook is running El Capitan 10.11.6 .

After upgrading my iMac I found that my Laser Printer would not work as it was 32 bit only and Catalina is 64 bit.

I have just set up Simple transfer, Thanks gents for your kind assistance.

Hope it works.

If anyone thinks I am Thick all I can say is you should have seen me in my PC days, I used to say I could lock up/freeze a PC just by looking at it.

Thank you genuinely appreciated.

john

20 hours ago, phetphet said:

There is an iOS app called Sendanywhere. I have not used it, but it might be what you are looking for.

Thanks, I managed to make the Sendanywhere work.

Very slow but as old and retired I have plenty of time.

I found it very difficult to follow their instructions for use. I am an old soldier and instructing is an art, not something that web developers have got 100%.

john

I am an escapee from Chiang Mai down on the coast.

I was in Hua Hin this morning and obtained a Sandisk Flash drive with a standard USB on one end and a USB-C on the other. I have manage to get Sendanywhere working to my satisfaction and now have tools on hand to allow me to take photos on my iPad/Phone and transfer them to my Macbook Pro. Very helpful young lady assisted me in setting up the Sandisk Flash drive, typical of Thai folk.

Thanks to all who offered advice.

john

• 1 month later...

Sister had the same sort of problem...all the tech heads at her work couldn't work out transferring pictures from her iPhone to a windows pc.....one obvious way and ive used it is to plug your phone into a window pc then find your phone and click on the stored files then copy to a file...that wasnt totally working for some reason with her...

Im just a humble tradie, if you dont have iCloud then set it up link all devices to your iCloud device if there Apple then you can view on those devices, very simple, will take a day or so as long as you have decent internet for the pictures to upload to the cloud, if your trying to get them to a windows pc from an apple device just log into your iCloud on that windows pc there are provisions for you to download the pics you want https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT205323, enjoy.

Thank you Alex I appreciate any help I get for I am a user, certainly not an expert.

I bought a Scandisk combine USB and at the other end USB C drive.

With this item I can load from my iPad via my USB C then load to my iMac using normal USB and view.

john

IMG_2228.JPG

• 1 month later...

Just transferred one photo from my iPad Pro to my iMac,  IMG_2708.HEIC no problem. Airdrop does not show when I open in Finder but as the HEIC shows it does transfer.

MacBook Pro still not playing.

I am now hoping that with the Lockdown easing I can get to visit my expert in his shop.

Thanks to all who have helped a thicky like me.

john