BANGKOK
rooster59

U.S., Taliban reach violence reduction pact that could lead to U.S. withdrawal

19 minutes ago, cabanlit said:

Well, they look like a negotiating team that's bought in to diversity and equality!

Fine, upstanding looking citizens, all of them......

• Haha 1

After all the American lives and money we've spent there, I kind of hate just walking away and watching the country fall back into the hands of these zealots.  I'm sure it wont be the end of the US spending money there. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

After all the American lives and money we've spent there, I kind of hate just walking away and watching the country fall back into the hands of these zealots.  I'm sure it wont be the end of the US spending money there. 

Yes right, the good Americans have put so much money in Afghanistan, look what a pleasant and prosperous country it has become 🙄

• Haha 1

Few months or weeks down the track ... if this stellar agreement is signed [not worth the paper it will be written on lol] will see the fighting that has been daily life for the afghan people for thousands of years kick off again.

The fundamental Muslim ideologies of the Taliban will continue. The Russians had to leave very bloodied, after being mauled and mauled. The US Poms Aussies Germans etc that have wandered about that country have made no, I repeat NO impact in attempting to impose western ideas of life and politics on these folks. The spring offensives by the TB have continued almost unabated going right back to the Infidel Russians were there (this fighting had always been between factions in-country but the Infidel arriving periodically since the Western expansionism (going back to the East India Company) has always offered up a different locus of waging bloody war for these factions). Thousands of troops and civilians killed and maimed since the US and her allies went there in The War Against Terror.

The whole idea of going there was a military and political (some might say moral) mistake and so utterly futile and stupid (stupid in that to believe that the Great West could, root out Osama and the rest of AK, get the TB to give up carry weapons as a part of daily life and using then readily, to change these people and 'civilise' them (how bankrupt and arrogant an idea is that in itself!? - Please don't try to tell me that this wasn't woven into the thinking of the West when we sent troops there) is so preposterous it beggars belief. 

O-h-h, please... Can anyone name any country that the USA has ever completely withdrawn from?

9 hours ago, RickTik said:

O-h-h, please... Can anyone name any country that the USA has ever completely withdrawn from?

I wish it would withdraw from the US and leave it to be run by adults.

• Haha 1