37 days late on 90-day report

For the first time in 13 years, my 90-day report reminder system failed me and I never got my "reminder" email in my Yahoo mail box.

I just went to make some copies of my passport and was very surprised to see that my 90-day report was due on 07 January.

What kind of trouble am I in, what do I do/say and how much of a fine might I be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, elektrified said:

So, 2,000 Baht fine - total amount? Expensive lesson...

jacko45k, not sure what you mean about the "quick trip out of the country"?

Drop into a local agent, most will do for 200 baht, they just include in their daily bundle.

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You can leave without having done the 90 day report and the counter is reset on return. I suspect your office would maybe miss your previous error in 90 days time.  

Your suggestion is that he try to circumvent the law and possibly be subject to arrest as his previous reporting time will then increase to several months?

They do have computers with the information chances are he will be caught and in much more trouble.

Terrible suggestion.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Oh. Nah, never used one. I doubt they are as good a negotiator as my wife. But thanks for the suggestion.

Agents are not the “boogey men” some suggest ,they just have access and it’s a routine for them. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You can leave without having done the 90 day report and the counter is reset on return. I suspect your office would maybe miss your previous error in 90 days time.  

Will it be cheaper to leave than pay the 2000 baht?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Will it be cheaper to leave than pay the 2000 baht?

That depends:

But he must have a Multiple-Entry Re-Entry Permit, so that his permission to stay will not be voided by exiting and re-entering Thailand.  Having to buy a Single-Entry (1000 THB)  or Multiple-Entry (3800 THB) to avoid this, is definitely not worth it.

If he has an ME Re-Entry Permit, and he lives close to the border he might consider that (but has to take into account the Visa or border-pass fee).

When the ONLY reason for exiting/re-entering would be avoiding the 2.000 THB fee, it would be better just pay the 2000 THB fine.

Edited by Peter Denis

You’ll be ok but you’re going to get hit with a little fine it shouldn’t be more than a few thousand baht. In fact the maximum fine for late reporting is 5,000 baht tops but that’s like after months go by. You’re probably looking at maybe a 2,000 baht fine. 

Edited by EricS
  • Thanks 1

OP - if it were me I’d go to the Immigration Monday. Take your wife with you. Go to 90 day check in line hand them your passport. If they tell you pay X amount pay it and go on with your life....

added... wait until they ask you for reason. Tell your reason .... 

Edited by DJ54
Add
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, elektrified said:

Oh. Nah, never used one. I doubt they are as good a negotiator as my wife. But thanks for the suggestion.

Agents don't negotiate when doing the 90 days reports for customers. They have more of an agreement with the officer working at the 90 days report desk. 

• Like 1

I am reminded of this every day in Thailand, almost never back home.

2,000 baht can destroy a person here, change their life, ruin their eating habits for a month, send them into disrepair and act as though they will die any moment.

While others spend 2000 on some beers and .....          every night

• Like 2