Pattaya: Tooled up Israeli arrested as immigration and drug police swoop in condominium car park

rooster59

1 hour ago, wwest5829 said:

I thought that he would not be Mossad with a 22 ...

Mossad used Beretta .22s (Models 70 and 71) as did (do) the Israel Sky Marshall Sevice. It was basically 7 rounds in the face before you know you are dead.

The NAA is not an offensive weapon, It is a last ditch defense weapon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/15/2020 at 3:59 PM, Scouse123 said:

I have seldom heard much of misbehaving by Israelis outside their home country except for Thailand. In fact, you never seem to hear much at all about Israelis.

They used to destroy rooms and motorcycles in CM. They actually got banned at most places and even today there is an exclusive Israeli hotel they all go to. Reason being is they all do mandatory military service and when got out they would come here and create havoc. I guess their way of venting. They as of today are much more behaved here now, but still censored a little bit..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

They used to destroy rooms and motorcycles in CM. They actually got banned at most places and even today there is an exclusive Israeli hotel they all go to. Reason being is they all do mandatory military service and when got out they would come here and create havoc. I guess their way of venting. They as of today are much more behaved here now, but still censored a little bit..

Mandatory military training with a huge backing from the US?  Mandatory military training with a large nuclear aresenal?  Pretty aggressive.

1 hour ago, tlandtday said:

Mandatory military training with a huge backing from the US?  Mandatory military training with a large nuclear aresenal?  Pretty aggressive.

Yeah irrelevant. The fact of the matter was they were totally all wound up doing forced military time. I think it was a few years mandatory. Even the gals have to do it.

On 2/15/2020 at 8:59 AM, Scouse123 said:

I have seldom heard much of misbehaving by Israelis outside their home country except for Thailand. In fact, you never seem to hear much at all about Israelis.

Ridiculous....

They were notoriously badly behaved, everywhere they went. Their government at the time even went as far as to request publicly that they tone it down.

Run a cursory search...

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-why-israelis-make-the-worst-tourists-1.5341538

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Yeah irrelevant. The fact of the matter was they were totally all wound up doing forced military time. I think it was a few years mandatory. Even the gals have to do it.

Ridiculous excuse. 

In that case every soldier out there should be rude, unpleasant, demanding...

They were disgusting because they were disgusting.

Some of their fellow countrymen, the decent ones, actively avoided meeting them whilst on holiday.

As a backpacker, I personally met hundreds of them. Perhaps two were pleasant and one of those was a drug dealer moving between Thailand and Japan. The others were shockingly rude. Quite vile and stupid....and not just in Thailand. I also met them in Spain. Disgusting behaviour. Reducing staff in the hotel to tears. Removing the linen from the hotel stores and placing them it all into their rooms.

That's the reality.

Birds of a feather flock together. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Ridiculous excuse. 

In that case every soldier out there should be rude, unpleasant, demanding...

They were disgusting because they were disgusting.

Some of their fellow countrymen, the decent ones, actively avoided meeting them whilst on holiday.

As a backpacker, I personally met hundreds of them. Perhaps two were pleasant and one of those was a drug dealer moving between Thailand and Japan. The others were shockingly rude. Quite vile and stupid....and not just in Thailand. I also met them in Spain. Disgusting behaviour. Reducing staff in the hotel to tears. Removing the linen from the hotel stores and placing them it all into their rooms.

That's the reality.

Birds of a feather flock together. 

I too have seen and met many over my years of travel. Its been said attributed to exactly what I said. Perhaps that was the last step in molding their rude little ugly personalities. I am also sure it was a hand me down from their parents. 

On 2/15/2020 at 4:17 PM, Scot123 said:

Nope its not. Again using sweeping statements to justify blatant racism in Thailand. In civilised countries laws are not passed on racist grounds as many laws are in Thailand. 

It would seem you cannot differtate between, narionalism, racism and jingoism and xenophobia.

The policy of denying foreign natiinals to carry arms, is nationalistic, perhaps jingoistic or xenophobic at its worst.

A policy saying Caucasians, arabs, asians or negroes cannot carry arms would be racist.

It really is not that complicated.

I would be very happy to entertain the notion that there are racist policies in thailand, this however is not one of them. 

Edited by metempsychotic

On 2/15/2020 at 3:59 PM, Scouse123 said:

Misbehaving isrealis were very much a thing in the late 90s to mid 2000s, it seems traffic has slacked off, and off year Israeli draftees have either calmed down or have moved on to somewhere else.

I am rather amused that the actions of one 48 year old Israeli male have led us back to the action of a past generation of 20 something draftees.  

Edited by metempsychotic
  • Thanks 1

On 2/15/2020 at 12:04 PM, ronaldo0 said:

Agree . Chaweng has an area full of their restaurants and then there was the guy running some clinic in bophut who had guns , the long term guy who was dealing heroin and other drugs and the guys running around shooting each other on the main road . Having dealt with a few I avoid them like the plague.

Not in bophut, it was chaweng. Soi Reggie. A couple of doors away from my shop about 3 years ago. I see the police taking him away

Edited by Davo369
And he had a bad attitude

4 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Ridiculous....

They were notoriously badly behaved, everywhere they went. Their government at the time even went as far as to request publicly that they tone it down.

Run a cursory search...

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-why-israelis-make-the-worst-tourists-1.5341538

I didn't say you were incorrect, I simply said I had never come across it outside Thailand. However, there is the recent case with 12 Israeli boys and the British girl in Greece somewhere or other, where she alleges she was gang raped.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I didn't say you were incorrect, I simply said I had never come across it outside Thailand. However, there is the recent case with 12 Israeli boys and the British girl in Greece somewhere or other, where she alleges she was gang raped.

Cyprus. 

• Like 2

On 2/15/2020 at 12:59 AM, Scouse123 said:

They have enough of their people in every sector of the society. A few Chabad Houses in Thailand. They are silent and discreet. They do not call attention up themselves. Sometimes some loose canons do something stupid. But Israel is ready to take them back before the host country try to prosecute them. 

18 minutes ago, GoodieAfterDark said:

They have enough of their people in every sector of the society. A few Chabad Houses in Thailand. They are silent and discreet. They do not call attention up themselves. Sometimes some loose canons do something stupid. But Israel is ready to take them back before the host country try to prosecute them. 

So you are saying they will offer an escape for known criminals?

Edited by tlandtday

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

If you said that about any nationality, it would be an extremely ignorant and bigoted statement. So hopefully you forget to add an important first word -- SOME. 

So if you say that Indians in Pattaya share one drink and one girl between 4 or Chinese have foul personal habits thats OK but anything said about Israelis must be qualified? Clear virtue signalling. Are you an Israeli?

All groups of young Israelis that I have encountered in Pattaya have been arrogant, abusive and troublemakers, they make your average Brit look like a Rabbi. And yes, I did say all. Others have used the excuse that they have just completed national service. I'm sorry but I can think of several countries that have national service and don't behave in the same way. They do seem to have the attitude that they are better than us and can do as they please without recriminations. Probably inherited that from the Americans that migrated to Israel post WW2.

Anyway, not relevant to the OP. There is far more to the OP than meets the eye. How many expats do you know in Pattaya that own a couple of handguns? Why would immigration team up with the drugs suppression division to arrest him?

For years we've been plagued with high level Israeli criminals in Pattaya. From scamming condo building owners to drug traffikers to boiler room scammers. Often they are part of global criminal gangs.

It's highly likely that this guy is part of a drug cartel operating in Thailand and possibly linked to this guy:

"When the police refused, he started to show signs of stress and began to make trouble, said Manager, going on about a Mr Big who would be informed."

Arrested 4 days before the Israeli in Pattaya. Did he grass up "Mr. Big"?

• Like 2

On 2/15/2020 at 4:28 PM, Scot123 said:

The man rightly did not feel safe in Thailand and could well have very good justification to carry a weapon. Thailand is a very dangerous country however a lot of expats choose to ignore or refuse to see. I think the fact his wife has a permit suggests she/they have good reason to own a fire arm as is required on the application. As for the burn him in hell reaction by some on here Wow! If treated like a Thai with equal justice 20k fine and have a nice day. I personally think any expat who lives in Thailand who has no form of protection is mad. I personally had a very large dog  that everyone new stayed inside my house. 

'thailand is a very dangerous country'.... load of bs

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 12:20 PM, DannyCarlton said:

So if you say that Indians in Pattaya share one drink and one girl between 4 or Chinese have foul personal habits thats OK but anything said about Israelis must be qualified? Clear virtue signalling. Are you an Israeli?

All groups of young Israelis that I have encountered in Pattaya have been arrogant, abusive and troublemakers, they make your average Brit look like a Rabbi. And yes, I did say all. Others have used the excuse that they have just completed national service. I'm sorry but I can think of several countries that have national service and don't behave in the same way. They do seem to have the attitude that they are better than us and can do as they please without recriminations. Probably inherited that from the Americans that migrated to Israel post WW2.

Anyway, not relevant to the OP. There is far more to the OP than meets the eye. How many expats do you know in Pattaya that own a couple of handguns? Why would immigration team up with the drugs suppression division to arrest him?

For years we've been plagued with high level Israeli criminals in Pattaya. From scamming condo building owners to drug traffikers to boiler room scammers. Often they are part of global criminal gangs.

It's highly likely that this guy is part of a drug cartel operating in Thailand and possibly linked to this guy:

"When the police refused, he started to show signs of stress and began to make trouble, said Manager, going on about a Mr Big who would be informed."

Arrested 4 days before the Israeli in Pattaya. Did he grass up "Mr. Big"?

i travelled south america in late 90s. full of idiotic arrogant stupid isrealis. many hotels back then put sign on front door  'no isrealis allowed'. one stupid <deleted> guy had a puppy dog whilst backpacking in brazil. I was there in the jungle on a group tour when it got eaten by an alligator. the isreali went crazy. they are a strange race of people